Holiday Help - October

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi, I’m looking for a nice holiday for October half term 21 for myself, OH and 2 children. OH is currently dismissing Canary Islands and wants to go further afield. I’m contemplating Dubai but feel the price of these holidays are just outrageous. OH wants to fly Business which undoubtedly puts the price up….any suggestions for luxury, family hotels with good weather in October please?

Personally I wouldn’t touch Dubai or anywhere Middle East with someone else’s barge pole , not this year
Same with Maldives
The U.S I doubt will let anyone from the U.K in before next summer
Same either the America’s
So that leaves Europe , canaries , which I know your OH is dismissing, but it might be the ‘ safest ‘ option

Reactions: 4
Hi, I’m looking for a nice holiday for October half term 21 for myself, OH and 2 children. OH is currently dismissing Canary Islands and wants to go further afield. I’m contemplating Dubai but feel the price of these holidays are just outrageous. OH wants to fly Business which undoubtedly puts the price up….any suggestions for luxury, family hotels with good weather in October please?
Cyprus is a good destination in October as the weather will be good, it is family friendly and you will find plenty of really nice hotels if you are looking for a bit of luxury.

Why did OH dismiss the canaries?
I’d stick with somewhere in Europe as you never know how quickly things can change. Maybe a greek island? Cyprus? Malta?

Canary Islands sounds perfect. There are beautiful high end hotels in Costa Adeje (Tenerife) and the weather will be great.

Reactions: 2
Turkey the kids will love it wont be too warm for them.. MarMaris is a good place to go or Altinkum is nice too

Abu Dhabi is nice, we’ve been a few times. A scaled down less hyped version of Dubai. Ritz Carlton is a solid 5* and we’ve picked up an amazing deal before. St Regis Saadiyat also v nice and a great vibe, loved the pool. If you do decide to go you could split the stay with a Desert Resort for a few nights - Qasr Al Sarab by Anantara is one of the most stunning places we have stayed in.’

Reactions: 1
We normally go to Thailand in January but this year with the way Thailand is we have booked Barbados instead. We travel business class too, its a lot of money but we work and save hard for it, it really does help for long haul flights as I am a terrible traveller, I get so anxious. Maybe have a look at Barbados though british airways business class, I think that is who we have booked with.

Reactions: 1
Cyprus looks perfect for families at that time of year, we’ve just booked a week there in October with the kids. Check about some facilities though as some close end of October