Hilaria Baldwin / Hillary Hayward-Thomas and Alec Baldwin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why on earth would hen not just stay in their apartment in NYC if he isnt going to stay with the family?

She was back running at 5 weeks post partum. She also immediately tried to find another form of exercise when she broke her ankle. I'm sure resting it would have been better for it than cycling. She definitely has issues with needing to constantly exercise.
Yes! All of it seemed like a big red flag to me. I also saw a post where she was with her kids on the beach and she was doing sit ups which seemed utterly bizarre to me. What I find irritating is that she has marketed herself as some sort of fitness guru and has gotten a lot of publicity for that when she clearly has a problem. Why would anyone take health advice from her???

Reactions: 12

I love the fact that her very educated, highly qualified parents had difficulty in pronouncing Baldwin...
And Hilaria has to wave a Spanish fan during her wedding.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
What irritates me and proves she knows nothing about Spain is when she admitted she was a white girl. People from Spain are white, she seems to be confusing them with Hispanic people.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
In another video you see her saying to Alec that he is a "white man", the implication being she is not a white person. Plus the video with her child where she is comparing her skin colour.

All of this is both cringeworthy and baffling!

Did Alec know?

Reactions: 17
In another video you see her saying to Alec that he is a "white man", the implication being she is not a white person. Plus the video with her child where she is comparing her skin colour.

All of this is both cringeworthy and baffling!

Did Alec know?
I've seen many people post on here that Alec has been duped but I don't believe it. I think he liked having a wife who appeared to be ethnically interesting, while actually being a WASP

Reactions: 14
I've seen many people post on here that Alec has been duped but I don't believe it. I think he liked having a wife who appeared to be ethnically interesting, while actually being a WASP
I agree. I think he loved the idea of a people thinking he had a hot young Spanish yoga teacher as his wife and prove to everyone how virile he was by getting her pregnant whenever she wanted. He must have met her parents and known she was American or had suspicions at home with her wavering accent. On the other hand, when he was defending her he said she grew up between Spain and the US, which she didnt. She was in school in the US full time! I think he just isnt that interested in her, over and above how she reflects on him.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Alec said it himself on some talk show, (Ellen?) “My wife is from Spain...” then he did an impression of what is now known to be her impression of a Spanish person.

I wonder was he in on it, or duped?

Edit:
It was on Letterman. Here’s a link to the clip.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Alec said it himself on some talk show, (Ellen?) “My wife is Spanish...” then he did an impression of what is now known to be her impression of a Spanish person.

I wonder was he in on it, or duped?
I feel sorry for her children and parents.

Reactions: 5
I feel sorry for her children and parents.
It seems parents were in on it though? Reading about the very Spanish wedding and vows etc... I mean, they obviously knew their own daughter wasn’t from Spain.

Reactions: 7
It seems parents were in on it though? Reading about the very Spanish wedding and vows etc... I mean, they obviously knew their own daughter wasn’t from Spain.
If they knew, then I feel sorry for them having such a disturbed daughter. But, what could they have done?

Reactions: 7
I read several articles on how they met. It was a set up. Alec frequented a restaurant called Pure Food and Wine and Hilaria was friends with the owner, Sarma Mengallis. The Alec Baldwin Foundation later put up 100k bail when Mengallis was arrested for theft, tax crimes and fraud. Sounds like he was duped from the outset, but surely he'd have realised eventually that she wasn't actually Spanish? Though he alludes to it in interviews and also put out a tweet "dedicated to all Spanish yoga teachers"

Naming her kids all Spanish names though. She was really in for the long con with that one. I feel sorry for them. It will be awful when they are old enough to be aware of all of this.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I read several articles on how they met. It was a set up. Alec frequented a restaurant called Pure Food and Wine and Hilaria was friends with the owner, Sarma Mengallis. The Alec Baldwin Foundation later put up 100k bail when Mengallis was arrested for theft, tax crimes and fraud. Sounds like he was duped from the outset, but surely he'd have realised eventually that she wasn't actually Spanish? Though he alludes to it in interviews and also put out a tweet "dedicated to all Spanish yoga teachers"

Naming her kids all Spanish names though. She was really in for the long con with that one. I feel sorry for them. It will be awful when they are old enough to be aware of all of this.
That's interesting as I've only ever heard Hillary's take on it. She says she was out with friends and Aldc said he was going to marry her or some such and she was thinking who is this crazy guy I don't know. And she didn't even want to go on a date with him. The set up feels mighty more accurate.

Reactions: 8
That's interesting as I've only ever heard Hillary's take on it. She says she was out with friends and Aldc said he was going to marry her or some such and she was thinking who is this crazy guy I don't know. And she didn't even want to go on a date with him. The set up feels mighty more accurate.
I don't know how true it is. I read it on gossip sites and threads on reddit etc. But it sounds plausible.

Reactions: 4
Didnt she say she didnt know who he was because she grew up in Spain? They dont have TV's or cinemas in Spain. They just flamenco dance and go to church and eat Paella and Churros

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I think one of the previous posters hit the nail on the head: he wasn't really interested whether she was truly Spanish or not. He just didn't care.

Reactions: 9

Just googled Sarma and she is a total fraud! This sounds 100% believable to me - looks like Alec's truly been played as a fool. She definitely set out to trap him.

Reactions: 4
Just googled Sarma and she is a total fraud! This sounds 100% believable to me - looks like Alec's truly been played as a fool. She definitely set out to trap him.
Except he met her American parents and everything, he’s been lying about it just as much as she has, if not actually more.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.