Hib b child

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Random but my son is 6 and recently had blood tests done - they came back he needed a top up booster for hib b? I’ve never heard of this before. Has anyone else had a child that’s needed a booster vaccine and what’s the reason it didn’t work the first time round?

Not with a child or with hib b but I never developed immunity to hep b despite numerous vaccinations. I guess sometimes not everyone develops immunity straight away or at all.

Reactions: 1
Not with a child or with hib b but I never developed immunity to hep b despite numerous vaccinations. I guess sometimes not everyone develops immunity straight away or at all.
thank you for reply. So does this mean if you don’t have immunity to it you have to do anything different as your more high risk to it? The nurse was very vague about the why’s and what happens next.

thank you for reply. So does this mean if you don’t have immunity to it you have to do anything different as your more high risk to it? The nurse was very vague about the why’s and what happens next.
For me I have to be careful at work (midwife) so I don't work with known hep b positive women.

Hopefully the booster will work with your child.

Reactions: 1