Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mayday

VIP Member
Honestly I can't help but feel bad for her...I know some would find her vids either infuriating or funny, but I had a family member who was a functioning alcoholic and its a horrible addiction. You wouldn't have guessed how much he drank really until the last few years of his life, when it started to catch up on him. The withdrawal symptoms are awful.

I hope she gets help and stops with the videos...its like watching someone self-destruct. Hopefully she'll get back on the medication she was taking and not self-medicate with the alcohol...mixing them never does any good.

Reactions: 3
Helen has split up with Chris, apparently he was eating her food and slagging her off in the town. She thinks he'll be back but she doesn't want a relationship right now. She was downing shots like there's no tomorrow :cautious:

Oh I didn't realize he was good to her. She said he was just another Andrew, ie just taking from her. I don't think she will stay single for long, but wish she would, she might get her head a bit clearer.

She said her parents wouldn't be able to cope with her at home. What 70 year old wants to see their 50 year old daughter bring a string of men in for noisy seshes? She's vulnerable but she's very aware of what she's doing.

Reactions: 2
Yes it's very uncomfortable to watch. She isn't just an alcoholic, but first and foremost a woman with learning difficulties who is vulnerable from the outset. In one of her videos she was saying she has a new boyfriend that she's really happy with and was listing the reasons why her exes weren't good and it was all relating to them not buying her presents, it was something that a child would say.

I did consider reporting her channel as I feel that she has potential for exploitation but then OTOH I fear that that would be attempting to remove autonomy from someone with LDs.

Apollo111

In a more recent video she said she might be moving back in with her parents. I hope she does because it doesn't seem that this lifestyle is any good for her. She needs someone around to help and guide her..

There is also talk of a Nigerian boyfriend at one point who never liked any of her things on Facebook, there was chat of going on holiday to Nigeria too. Not sure if that's still a thing. Gosh I just want to give that poor woman a hug (when she's sober lol)

It's all very sad :(

teaspoon

Bimpy is her friend,Bimpys cousin was paying for Hels to go on holiday to Nigeria with her,but it fell through
[automerge]1543232256[/automerge]She has a support worker,but im guessing she doesnt know about the seshes

Last edited:

Apollo111

And the Nigerian boyfriend is someone totally different? God love her she really needs some help :(

Yes she's very vulnerable, she does talk a lil bit sense when sober, but it all goes out the window once she picks up that first drink, sad really but she has to want to change, nd I don't think she does, any normality is clouded by alcohol nd men

I watched quite a few seshs (or is it seshes?) and God help us all. I'm thinking of showing them to my children to warn them of the dangers of alcohol.

One of them was a sesh with her son, does he live with her?

It's me

Iconic Member
She has a support worker,but im guessing she doesnt know about the seshes
Support workers can't make people not drink. They are not there to lay down the law.
They can advise, report back but at the end of the day it's freedom of choice whether a person over the age of 18 drinks; regardless of capacity.

Even with a statement saying she has to have an advocate she still has the right to make choices. Support or you like but you are not there to lecture, belittle people. This isn't what support workers do.

She's obviously a functioning adult; more so than others with learning disabilities.

Even in residential homes, supported living situations if a person in their care wanted to get drunk every night. It's not the right choice, but there is little that can be done

It's me

Iconic Member
Honestly I can't help but feel bad for her...I know some would find her vids either infuriating or funny, but I had a family member who was a functioning alcoholic and its a horrible addiction. You wouldn't have guessed how much he drank really until the last few years of his life, when it started to catch up on him. The withdrawal symptoms are awful.

I hope she gets help and stops with the videos...its like watching someone self-destruct. Hopefully she'll get back on the medication she was taking and not self-medicate with the alcohol...mixing them never does any good.
I agree, alcoholism is addiction like any others. It's none discriminate.

People can and do function whilst drinking. They never really realise they have crossed the line either to be so dependent and then not function.

I find it awful that people watch her and find her amusing for all the wrong reasons.

This woman needs serious help, she jumps from one man to the next claiming she loves them and they love her. Her alcohol consumption is way out of control, but she's in denial living in a bubble, let's hope the fog in her head clears very soon

Reactions: 1

teaspoon

OMG,shes talking about getting engaged to Jimmy now,a couple of weeks back it was Chris.You see,she will be with someone else this this time next week.Goodness knows what her son and parents think of her showing herself up,i think i would disown her.

I can't help feel sorry for her though, she is very vulnerable and although she is aware she is doing no good with her drinking I wonder if she has the capacity to be aware of consent in her relationships. Jimmy asked her when she first had sex and she matter of factly said 'it was when that boy abused me' but then went on to say that her first proper time was in a barn with a boy whose she was in love with, 'but nowadays that is called sexual assault, hahaha' so God only knows what happened. She thinks these men are mad about her (she must have said about 3 times in one vlog that Jimmy asked her out) but they seem to be after what she has to offer.

I feel very sorry for her son though and grateful that her parents were able to step in and raise him, otherwise I assume he would have been adopted. There is no way judging from her seshes that she could prioritise the needs of a child.

Apollo111

The condom video is just awful..I can't help but think if my mum was up to that on the internet I'd do something or at least try. Does her son have intellectual challenges ? I just think someone needs to step in. Do you see how she smokes when she's off her head? She's going to cause fire sooner or later.. she's a hazzard to herself. If she dropped it and didn't notice ot fell asleep or something. Ugh :(

I heard the one about the Nigerian called Bimpy who she was going to visit but then someone informed social services and they wouldn't let her go. I assumed it was a man but she kept referring to Bimpy as 'she' so no ide a what's going on there. She did say she's sick of SS bullying her so I would infer from that that they are quite heavily involved.