Help me find a good down coat please?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all.

Looking for some fashion help here. I need a good down filled winter coat, short length, that has a hood and is waterproof. Looking for something under £300. Ideal colour is black, I want it for walking to and from the gym when its rainy and cold (most of the time where I am...)

I had my eye on one from Lululemon, the 'sleet street' coat, but it's now all sold out. Suggestions appreciated!

Another vote for Uniqlo - they are amazing and not that expensive!

I really like the look of Lululemons pack it down jacket which might be an alternative to the sleet street one?

I have tried on all the expensive ones (Rab/North Face etc) and find they all fit really weird on the arms.

Yep was just coming here to say Uniqlo! I’m gonna admit, I used to own a Canada goose (pls don’t judge it was before they became fashionable) and my Uniqlo coat was honestly just as warm for a fraction of the price!

The short down coat is sold out in black 😔

Yep was just coming here to say Uniqlo! I’m gonna admit, I used to own a Canada goose (pls don’t judge it was before they became fashionable) and my Uniqlo coat was honestly just as warm for a fraction of the price!
Not judging at all as I like the Canada Goose jackets!

Uniqlo down short coat in black is sold out 😔

Are we talking function or fashion?

If the former, then you shouldn't be looking past Rab or Montane.

Reactions: 1
I have the Jackpine insulated jacket in “rust/charcoal” from Passenger Clothing for hikes - they have it all black too?

I’ve got a jack wolfskin one. It’s navy, but pretty sure they do it on black. It’s water repellent rather than proof but does the job.

Having said that, montane or rab are better. I’ve got a montane downie that I’ve worn really regularly (like every day in the winter and cooler days in the spring/summer/autumn) for 8 years now. It’s still going although planning to replace it this year because I want another one.