Help, I’m addicted to ‘just eat’ delivery service!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've spent 1,500 on ordering food on just eat, Uber eats & deliveroo in the past 6 months I seen since I downloaded this budgeting app does anyone have any advice? Think I need them to block my card my sister keeps telling me to stop getting deliveries ( I say this as I wait for Singapore noodles to come) 😭😭😭🤣🤣🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I've spent 1,500 on ordering food on just eat, Uber eats & deliveroo in the past 6 months I seen since I downloaded this budgeting app does anyone have any advice? Think I need them to block my card my sister keeps telling me to stop getting deliveries ( I say this as I wait for Singapore noodles to come) 😭😭😭🤣🤣🤣
Just delete the app I was the same honestly it was a hot mess for me

Reactions: 2
You can download a program that will block certain websites, I think it's called Focus

• Sick
Reactions: 3
delete your accounts! Meal plan, look at fakeaway recipes, when you want a takeaway put that money in to savings so you can see it all adding up

On the saving money front, does your bank offer money pots (like a virtual piggy bank you can separate money into)? I think some of the big banks do now, or you could create an online bank account (I recommend Monzo). Every time you resist ordering a takeaway, put the money into a pot and watch it grow

If you want to save for something in particular you could do some maths and figure out how many takeaways you’d have to resist to save enough. Every time you’re tempted tell yourself “I could buy dinner tonight or I could save X% toward whatever”. If you set a goal on your savings pot, it will say what percentage you are toward it

If you find that you can’t be bothered to cook even the simplest meal, you could buy some ready meals and have them on standby. That way you could save money and satisfy your cravings quickly without any effort

Reactions: 3
I think (but I could be wrong) that banks can put bans on using your card on certain sites. I know they can for gambling sites so maybe you could look into that. Break the cycle for the moment

Reactions: 1
Just buy loads of turkey dinosaurs and then when you want to order just cook up a Dino 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Not being mean here but doesnt eating all those takeouts make you feel super sluggish and just generally a bit run down?? Unless you’re like ordering healthy stuff every now and again (no judgement we all love a treat) but I bet you’d have loads more energy and just feel better if you didn’t have so much takeout surely ?

Reactions: 4
I never use just eat. My Chinese order comes to £22 they only take cash. I was steaming and we had no cash in the house, exactly the same food from the same place was £30!!!

Don't use just eat, order direct 😂 I know that wasnt the point of the thread. But seriously, delete all the apps. Also make a meal plan for the week. I don't do it my self. Get some easy cooking bits in that you can just pop in the oven when you cba to cook.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Not being mean here but doesnt eating all those takeouts make you feel super sluggish and just generally a bit run down?? Unless you’re like ordering healthy stuff every now and again (no judgement we all love a treat) but I bet you’d have loads more energy and just feel better if you didn’t have so much takeout surely ?
Nah it's not mean & yeah I feel awful all the time tired and crappy but I still do it. Nah it's not healthy stuff chicken nuggets, chips n cheese, pizza, Chinese and I just rotate them 🤣 I probably would feel better if i stop its just hard xx

Can't beat a good turkey dinosaur!! A piece and turkey dinosaur sounds good right about now 😂😂

Good luck kicking the just eat habit.

The advert alone puts me off 😂

"did somebody say just eat" arrggghh no! duck off 😂
That sounds so gid 😍 might make it instead of getting nuggets you've inspired me lol x

• Haha
Nah it's not mean & yeah I feel awful all the time tired and crappy but I still do it. Nah it's not healthy stuff chicken nuggets, chips n cheese, pizza, Chinese and I just rotate them 🤣 I probably would feel better if i stop its just hard xx

That sounds so gid 😍 might make it instead of getting nuggets you've inspired me lol x

Hahaha, glad I could help 😂

If you're just getting stuff like nuggets and pizza i think you should go to Iceland and just stock up the freezer!!

Is it because you really like the food or is it just that you can't be bothered to cook??

If you're just getting stuff like nuggets and pizza i think you should go to Iceland and just stock up the freezer!!

Is it because you really like the food or is it just that you can't be bothered to cook??
It's more hate cooking and can't be bothered to make mess and have to do dishes never go in my kitchen 🤣 need to sort it. I get paid every 2 weeks and the week I get paid I live off takeaways and the next week am skint and don't eat but it's been like this for ages difficult to change it. Yeah gonna do an order thanks x