Menopause anger out of control

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If your mum had menopause early does it mean you will? I’m absolutely terrified that’s the case because I want a baby xx
My mum was an average age, if there is one. I really wasnt expecting it at 39/40 as I didnt start my periods until I was 15 so assumed I'd be much later. I've had someone tell me it could have been triggered by having my only child at 38 - I had two first trimester miscarriages in the 18 months prior.
My paternal aunt however went through it in her 30s.
I dont think there is any rhyme or reason to any of it.

My mum was an average age, if there is one. I really wasnt expecting it at 39/40 as I didnt start my periods until I was 15 so assumed I'd be much later. I've had someone tell me it could have been triggered by having my only child at 38 - I had two first trimester miscarriages in the 18 months prior.
My paternal aunt however went through it in her 30s.
I dont think there is any rhyme or reason to any of it.
Thanks so much for your replies. And that gives me so much hope I may have more time and a good chance of conceiving xxx

I mentioned weight gain ...I walk the dog for about 90 mins a day so plenty of exercise. I've eaten really well, lots of of water . Only had one boozy drink in 7 days , no chocolate crisps ,take away etc . I'm 7lb up in a week ! WTaf .

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I mentioned weight gain ...I walk the dog for about 90 mins a day so plenty of exercise. I've eaten really well, lots of of water . Only had one boozy drink in 7 days , no chocolate crisps ,take away etc . I'm 7lb up in a week ! WTaf .
It’s awful isn’t it? It took me 10 weeks to lose 8lb but I’m still a stone overweight. It’s all on my stomach and boobs.

My friend had great success with the Michael Moseley diet where you fast for 12-16 hrs but I can’t get motivated for it.

@Suzesnooze ...I couldn't do it, I tried , I'm up mega early for work and I'm on my feet so I can't fast. Im quite good at maintaining but this weigh in today has completely thrown me . I'm in a foul mood . 😬

• Sad
Thank goodness for a menopause thread!
My situation is I am now fully menopausal - haven't had a period for about 18 months - and thought I was through the worst. But wtf hot flushes have come back after about a year. Plus the grumpiness and fatigue and sadness and intolerance and dwelling on mistakes I made decades ago.
And the weight gain. I was a skinny Minnie for years - even after children - but it just appeared on tummy and thighs and boobs though I don't think I was eating more. It is like puberty all over again.
I haven't taken medication and wouldn't - no judgement just a personal choice.
No periods is great though - I do appreciate that.

Thank goodness for a menopause thread!
My situation is I am now fully menopausal - haven't had a period for about 18 months - and thought I was through the worst. But wtf hot flushes have come back after about a year. Plus the grumpiness and fatigue and sadness and intolerance and dwelling on mistakes I made decades ago.
And the weight gain. I was a skinny Minnie for years - even after children - but it just appeared on tummy and thighs and boobs though I don't think I was eating more. It is like puberty all over again.
I haven't taken medication and wouldn't - no judgement just a personal choice.
No periods is great though - I do appreciate that.

Sage is meant to help with hot flushes, I've seen tablets at Holland and Barrett's, I haven't tried them though.