Help! Agony. Is this an ulcer? (Graphic photo)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah... that looks like a canker sore. I get them a lot when I’m run down. There’s not much that can be done with them - I had a really bad one that made my lips swell to the point where I struggled to eat and the most my GP did was shrug! 😅 because yours is on the tongue it’s harder to cope with because obviously you need to eat! Try plenty of bonjela or gargling saltwater solution (and yes it will sting like nothing else!) as it numbs it and IME heals sooner. Eat carefully - nothing spicy or boiling hot - cool, non-acidic foods. :)

Reactions: 2
I get them when I am run down as well. Usually like little dots on the underside or the tip of my tongue. My gran years ago before she died used to say I should squeeze a lemon onto them, or dab some vinegar on - it stings like crazy, but it does shave a few days off the little buggers x

Yes! As above there isn’t too much you can do about them unfortunately. Paracetamol should ease some pain. Try to keep your mouth clean. Gargling salt water as mentioned above- especially after eating.
Obviously you still need to eat, but try to refrain from snacking too much. If you can keep it to just 3 meals a day (as large as you can manage) to minimise ‘disrupting’ the ulcer X

Reactions: 1
I am really prone to them. Dentist told me to avoid toothpaste with sodium laurel sulphate as it can make them worse. I've definitely got them less since. I spend ages reading toothpaste tubes now! 🙈😂

Like mentioned above buy toothpaste without laurel sulphate, don't eat chocolate or bananas as they will just make it worse. Hormones and stress can also cause them. I had 10 at once, I could hardly talk.

• Wow
Thanks everyone. Guess what my toothpaste contained 😂😂 replaced it now. Never had one before. Genuinely told my husband I had tongue cancer.