Hellooctober #2 Deck the Hauls with bores of holly.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't follow Kate Lavie but I remember when she was one Suzie's supposed besties. Anyway I just saw on her thread from 2019 that her mum sadly passed away, which is awful. But I also thought what are the odds of 2 of Suzie's supposed close friends (Kate and Alix) losing their mums and yet her not seeming to be close with either of them anymore.

Obviously they may still be friends privately and they do follow each other etc, but she does seem to have drifted from her friends in the same industry, including Vic as well.
I can imagine her being someone that uses her friends. Ie. When she's single and wants to go out and have fun, she's messaging her friends constantly. Second she's in a relationship I imagine all of that goes by the wayside and she gets totally wrapped up in her boyfriend and couple life.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I can imagine her being someone that uses her friends. Ie. When she's single and wants to go out and have fun, she's messaging her friends constantly. Second she's in a relationship I imagine all of that goes by the wayside and she gets totally wrapped up in her boyfriend and couple life.
Yes and then wonders why people don't call her more to hang out.

Reactions: 5
Watched her 2020 favs video.. as suspected most stuff is from spacs nk (she works with them) & kerastase she works with them. Just another money grabbing video with aff links. These youtubers are so fake, cant believe any of their views

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Maybe I’m just super sensitive, but to say that because she didn’t go to university she had to learn to hustle earlier is really tit and small minded.

Also, can we leave “hustle” culture in 2020? It’s damaging and isn’t something to celebrate.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Maybe I’m just super sensitive, but to say that because she didn’t go to university she had to learn to hustle earlier is really tit and small minded.

Also, can we leave “hustle” culture in 2020? It’s damaging and isn’t something to celebrate.
Agreed, hustle culture needs to get in the bin. Especially when it’s being encouraged by some bimbo who gets almost everything #KindlyGifted

And that’s being generous, because dropping out of uni to take moustache selfies in Zara’s latest tat isn’t actually hard “work”

I was so burnt out the last four months of 2020 I couldn’t get through a work day without crying, let alone get through my workload during the hours I’m actually paid for. I was lucky enough to work from home without a reduction in pay or the risk that frontline workers face, I can’t imagine how much worse it was for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Umm she literally sounds insane in her stories with the questions about friends. “I need them loyal to me/I need them ride or die”... even talking about how she chooses her ‘small circle’ as though she’s a celebrity with a few insiders.

Like... she speaks about friends as though they are literal objects? But objects with some need to be in service to her.

And then alluding to the reason being ~bad experiences~, uh yeah by your late 20s most people have gone through some friendship breakups and difficulties. It’s not unique to you. I just can’t believe she is this self absorbed and with no self awareness.

Reactions: 12
Umm she literally sounds insane in her stories with the questions about friends. “I need them loyal to me/I need them ride or die”... even talking about how she chooses her ‘small circle’ as though she’s a celebrity with a few insiders.

Like... she speaks about friends as though they are literal objects? But objects with some need to be in service to her.

And then alluding to the reason being ~bad experiences~, uh yeah by your late 20s most people have gone through some friendship breakups and difficulties. It’s not unique to you. I just can’t believe she is this self absorbed and with no self awareness.
I don't even know her personally but I can just tell she would be the most toxic friend. Didn't she not so subtly hint that she cut off Alix because she didn't show up to her week of birthday parties after Alix lost her mum?

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Her vapidity is on show again. I love when unintelligent YouTubers try to sound so in touch with the zeitgeist and introspective. They just come off as entitled and shallow.

She’s constantly pushing the narrative that she didn’t get any parental handouts. But she lived with her parents until she and Josh moved in together. And how was she already in a salaried position at 16? Not to mention, the “I just talked about what I already had and loved” shtick! Just goes to show that influencers have become greedy, entitled assholes peddling new tit everyday.

ETA: when you make your friends a huge part of your online presence then they just disappear, people are going to expect an explanation better than “we grew apart”.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Her vapidity is on show again. I love when unintelligent YouTubers try to sound so in touch with the zeitgeist and introspective. They just come off as entitled and shallow.

She’s constantly pushing the narrative that she didn’t get any parental handouts. But she lived with her parents until she and Josh moved in together. And how was she already in a salaried position at 16? Not to mention, the “I just talked about what I already had and loved” shtick! Just goes to show that influencers have become greedy, entitled assholes peddling new tit everyday.

ETA: when you make your friends a huge part of your online presence then they just disappear, people are going to expect an explanation better than “we grew apart”.
Ugggh she’s such a fuckwit. Pretty sure her parents were covering the rent/mortgage, utilities, groceries and supporting her in high school, she’s not a martyr for buying her own clothes and makeup and tit, most teenagers do at that age when they’ve got a part-time job.

How embarrassing for her parents if they see the way she carries on, as if her perfectly middle class existence was actually below the poverty line because they ONLY went on one holiday a year!

Reactions: 11
She’s constantly pushing the narrative that she didn’t get any parental handouts. But she lived with her parents until she and Josh moved in together. And how was she already in a salaried position at 16?
That is exactly what I thought!

She obviously sees the fact that she worked instead of attending university as meaning she hustled harder than anyone and somehow earned her way more than others.

Let me start by saying there is nothing wrong with choosing to not go to university, nor am I saying it would be wrong for her to live with her parents. BUT she doesn’t seem to realize that in bragging about her full salary, she reveals she was pocketing those paycheques while also living rent free with her parents and not paying the usual expenses that come with independent living. (Now I’m sure we’ll get another story claiming she also paid her parents rent lolol). That is a huge privilege to be able to earn money and just save it. Which sure, go ahead and save your money. But that IS the same as receiving “help” from your parents!

In setting herself apart from others by making herself seem like such a hustler, she doesn’t acknowledge that many students at that age are either studying full time OR many are paying any money from PT jobs towards their degree and other expenses. Once they are finished their degree, it’s only then they can try to enter the full time workforce. And at that point not many people fall into YouTube as she did, they start from the bottom trying to earn their way.

I think she’s very narcissistic and is insecure about the fact that she knows she’s very average. Her story is just that she was working a random job after finishing school and like many of her peers was lucky to start YT at the right time... but she has to make it some noble story of entrepreneurship and fortitude. She just comes off so badly IMO and so so so self absorbed.

She dumped her dog with her parents while she was going through her reckless/jet setting phase before she got a new bf too so she’s hardly been self sufficient entirely 😂🙄

She’s sounds so out of touch by saying that her family was basically poor but then saying they only went on ONE holiday a year. Me and my mom have never been on holiday together because she’s too poor!! I’m lucky enough to have been on holiday with my dad because he is in the middle class bracket. But saying that she only went on one holiday a year and making out like she was poor is hilarious. Also I think it’s disgusting that these influencers have done ‘what I got for Christmas’ videos...showing off designer, luxury purchases when so many people have been made redundant or out of work this year due to Covid. Who cares if you do it every year or it’s ‘super requested’, this year isn’t like every other year idiot!! Are they completely out of touch with the real world?! In my work place, we question everything we put out there based on if it’s sensitive or timely at the moment! God they are all so dumb

Reactions: 15
She has an attitude in every one of those questions she answered

Reactions: 10
She's really thinking she's something special atm, like some BIG arse A lister. Girl needs a reality check and sharp.

My ride or die crew - bye lois! Sorry i seduced your ex boyfriend (gymfuller) but if you were a true friend you'd have been happy for meeee!

Friends aren't your crew. She's not kylie jenner with a crew of paid friends hanging on her every word. Mates have their own lives, you need to be ok on your own and be prepared for them to take a step back when their own lives require more from them. Doesn't mean that they need to be dumped.

Also the tiny violin for the girl who only had one holiday abroad a year with her family. Good to know that she learnt the value of money with all those ugly designer label bags. Who remembers the gucci tortoiseshell diamanté hair grip.from last Christmas??

• Heart
My ride or die crew - bye lois! Sorry i seduced your ex boyfriend (gymfuller) but if you were a true friend you'd have been happy for meeee!

Friends aren't your crew. She's not kylie jenner with a crew of paid friends hanging on her every word. Mates have their own lives, you need to be ok on your own and be prepared for them to take a step back when their own lives require more from them. Doesn't mean that they need to be dumped.

Also the tiny violin for the girl who only had one holiday abroad a year with her family. Good to know that she learnt the value of money with all those ugly designer label bags. Who remembers the gucci tortoiseshell diamanté hair grip.from last Christmas??
The kylie Jenner of lancing🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don’t know what she meant when she said about needing her friends to be ‘ride or die’ because she already said in the same sentence that she needs her friends to be loyal which is fair enough but then she just comes across as very self absorbed and like her friends are her objects and their friendship is on her terms! I hope she shows the same kind of toxic loyalty towards her friends if she expects that from them herself. She’s gotten so up her own a*** that I just barely even watch her anymore. Her self entitlement is so off putting.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.