Hellooctober #2 Deck the Hauls with bores of holly.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ah yes the elusive and mysterious weight loss, people deep in their ED swear to everyone around them that they’re eating so normally but the weight just keeps falling off out of nowhere and they don’t know how. it’s cognitive dissonance at its finest. it’s incredibly hard to admit your ED to yourself, let alone even admit what’s happening to an audience of followers. so I don’t blame her, but her excuses and justifications are transparent.

Reactions: 12
She did say in her comments that most of the issues she talked about were cut out so I believe she was more open to what exactly is going on with her weight loss/eating but decided to not include it (told Lauren to edit those parts out) because of what’s been going on with the pandemic over the weekend.

But her weight loss is very noticeable! Her fave mom jeans were hanging off of her! And her arms are so slim now too and she doesn’t look healthy at all. I really hope she gets the help she needs. She shouldn’t be losing that much weight without exercising unless she has a serious undiagnosed health condition so I’m assuming it’s disordered eating related and also anxiety related.

Reactions: 4
I think the thing with Suze is that she has a wide frame. So even when she's lost a lot of weight, her bone structure is bigger... So she's never going to be a size 4 and look emaciated. However her rapid weight loss and noticeable obsession with her size are still concerning, and she is probably in more danger than she looks.

Reactions: 9
I think the thing with Suze is that she has a wide frame. So even when she's lost a lot of weight, her bone structure is bigger... So she's never going to be a size 4 and look emaciated. However her rapid weight loss and noticeable obsession with her size are still concerning, and she is probably in more danger than she looks.
Thank you for this. Not trying to target anyone specifically who’s commented in the thread here but from a few of the things I’ve read I want to say to everyone please be considerate that other people with EDs (and Suzie herself most likely) will be reading your comments, and the idea that she “isn’t really that skinny compared to me” is irrelevant to an eating disorder, as they are deadly at any weight. Secondly it’s going to trigger someone and push them to starve themselves more in order to be viewed as “valid”. People who aren’t underweight die of eating disorders all the time. Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia and Binge Eating Disorder (no idea what her exact diagnosis is of course) have the highest mortality rate of any mental health problem.

I don’t like the girl (she wasn't nice to me when I met her) but that doesn’t mean I’m going to withhold sensitivity to a very serious mental health problem.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Why did she put that video up or keep that section in at all if she had lots of it cut out apparently because of the lockdown news? I’m sorry but I don’t buy it. She clearly is going through something so I’m not trying to mock that at all but it’s like she keeps her viewers interested and on the edge of her life by sharing the most vague updates and expects no one will ever question if it’s a genuine attempt at being open.

if she didn’t love her new shape/size/whatever you want to call it she wouldn’t have done the bikini tanning video earlier this summer or mention being a small or size 8 in every video.

Reactions: 17
Why did she put that video up or keep that section in at all if she had lots of it cut out apparently because of the lockdown news? I’m sorry but I don’t buy it. She clearly is going through something so I’m not trying to mock that at all but it’s like she keeps her viewers interested and on the edge of her life by sharing the most vague updates and expects no one will ever question if it’s a genuine attempt at being open.

if she didn’t love her new shape/size/whatever you want to call it she wouldn’t have done the bikini tanning video earlier this summer or mention being a small or size 8 in every video.
Yes exactly this. It just confuses me. She loves showing off that she has lost weight in every other haul video. She clearly has lost weight due to food and also due to her anxiety. She used to eat loads and loads of takeaways and junk food before in her old flat. Watching those videos made me think how unhealthy her lifestyle was. I think it was right before she met ryan. Almost all the meals she has shown during lockdown have been healthy veggie ones. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Reactions: 8
Yes exactly this. It just confuses me. She loves showing off that she has lost weight in every other haul video. She clearly has lost weight due to food and also due to her anxiety. She used to eat loads and loads of takeaways and junk food before in her old flat. Watching those videos made me think how unhealthy her lifestyle was. I think it was right before she met ryan. Almost all the meals she has shown during lockdown have been healthy veggie ones. Please correct me if I’m wrong.
I feel like she mentioned Ryan eating a plant based diet ages ago, so maybe she’s changed her diet to fit around what he eats, seeing as they were together at hers during lockdown weren’t they? I suppose it makes cooking etc easier that way. But I remember being surprised at how drastically it had changed from ordering pizzas all the time. I don’t want to trivialise or trigger issues with disordered eating but I did wonder at the time if she’d changed so drastically because of Ryan or for another reason. Much as I find her vapid and slightly irritating, I really hope from a mental health standpoint she’s doing okay and getting help, she did mention going back to her therapist if she’s not feeling “better” by the end of January. I really hope she does if she feels she needs to!

I believe ryan is a flexitarian vegetarian and only eats meat in feast days, ie easter, Christmas and birthdays etc. She said on his bday vid they was going to be eating animal products as a treat or something similar. I think she mentioned binge eating disorder before, but vaguely. I don't know if eating disorders come in pairs, like B.E.D and bulimia and theb periods of restriction but to my mind that would make sense. Eating disorders are shrouded in shame and silence it would be great if she could pipe up whats happening and feel no shame i read an article online a person in recovery wrote regarding fearne cotton and hwr admission now of having E.D's and all the while releasing happy cooking books, baking a lot for her cooworkers, giving the illusion of eating loads whenever wherever as y'know yolo! When in fact the poor woman was struggling and being lauded for her skinny frame. It's measage was speak up please to show people like me your struggling while being able to have a job. Obvs the article was far more coherent and moving than my attempt to summarise but i don't have the link. (Sorry)

It's her constant mentioning of her size, and loving what she sees that could be a real issue for those watching without mentioning things are shaky but she is taking steps to get back on track. She wasn't eating well before with the daily XL pepperoni pizzas and large mcD's mukbangs either, too much salt, saturated fat and lack of fibre for a healthy system. She went on and on about a skin diary a while ago, mentioned last year or 2018 summer about womb scans, maybe pcos and she changed up her eating plan to try and help that?? Either way it's the leave the viewers hanging method for money clicks that doesn't sit well, she needn't say anything but to say a little and keep em hanging for revenue, they all know what they're doing. Say it all, or say not nowt when your job is sharing your life with an audience who care and keep you in a lifestyle you couldn't afford otherwise.

My two cents.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Eating disorders are shrouded in shame and silence it would be great if she could pipe up whats happening and feel no shame i read an article online a person in recovery wrote regarding fearne cotton and hwr admission now of having E.D's and all the while releasing happy cooking books, baking a lot for her cooworkers, giving the illusion of eating loads whenever wherever as y'know yolo! When in fact the poor woman was struggling and being lauded for her skinny frame. It's measage was speak up please to show people like me your struggling while being able to have a job.
This is actually such a good point. I know she struggles with being open with her followers, she says that whenever she does one of these "life update" type vlogs and then just really vaguely talks about "stuff I'm dealing with" but never says what and I can't help but think it would really help her to be open about it and speak up so that her followers support her and are aware that she is struggling. I can totally get why she wouldn't (I don't either and even really resent calling my partner and their family my "support bubble" in these strange times) but with a public platform like hers it would be great for her to be open about these things. I feel like she goes through extremes with all the Dominos and Maccies and now eating pretty much exclusively plant-based and she finds it really difficult to find a healthy balance. Much as she irritates me, I really do want her to be okay!

Something that I found strange was that when she was talking about her weight loss she said she hadn't exercised in months and that she couldn't even remember the last time she did, but fast forwards around 7 minutes and she says that the black zipped up top would be amazing for running even though she's trying not to do much of it. That implies that even if she's trying not to do it so often, she actually does run... and she even mentioned that sometimes her body just asks for it. In my world running counts as exercise, cardio precisely, so what she said previously about not working out in moooonths and having no idea how she's losing all that weight is pure bullshit?
Youtubers really need to remember their lies because they end up exposing themselves all the time...

Reactions: 17
Something that I found strange was that when she was talking about her weight loss she said she hadn't exercised in months and that she couldn't even remember the last time she did, but fast forwards around 7 minutes and she says that the black zipped up top would be amazing for running even though she's trying not to do much of it. That implies that even if she's trying not to do it so often, she actually does run... and she even mentioned that sometimes her body just asks for it. In my world running counts as exercise, cardio precisely, so what she said previously about not working out in moooonths and having no idea how she's losing all that weight is pure bullshit?
Youtubers really need to remember their lies because they end up exposing themselves all the time...
Just seen her instastories about wearing her new sports gear and looking forward to a run 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 5
So all that BS “pick my Christmas outfit from these multiple fast fashion hauls”. Wears a $100 dress instead. Great.

Prepare for the onslaught of braggy what I got for Christmas vids during a global pandemic when lots of people lost their homes, jobs and loved ones y’all!

Reactions: 12
So all that BS “pick my Christmas outfit from these multiple fast fashion hauls”. Wears a $100 dress instead. Great.

Prepare for the onslaught of braggy what I got for Christmas vids during a global pandemic when lots of people lost their homes, jobs and loved ones y’all!
She’s on Instagram telling us how lucky she was presents wise 😴😴 and by popular demand (really?) will show what she wore! 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 4
So she got an apple watch because she loves to track her steps when she goes on walks and used to take her phone (even if she didn't want to) to do so... I don't thing this is a great signal in what appears to be her situation.

Reactions: 7
In what has been a crap year for everyone she’s on YT holding up a Chanel and LV box to tell us what she got for Xmas? She really does live in her own self absorbed bubble doesn’t she 🤢

Reactions: 13
In what has been a crap year for everyone she’s on YT holding up a Chanel and LV box to tell us what she got for Xmas? She really does live in her own self absorbed bubble doesn’t she 🤢
Can christmas gifts even feel that special and valuable when she gets sent free tit all year long anyway?

Reactions: 11
One has to be an absolute empty PoS and an awful person to brag about the luxury bags she got for Christmas when most of the world is having their worst Christmas/year of their lives. I haven't seen anyone else doing this kind of video today, only her.

Reactions: 16
One has to be an absolute empty PoS and an awful person to brag about the luxury bags she got for Christmas when most of the world is having their worst Christmas/year of their lives. I haven't seen anyone else doing this kind of video today, only her.
Oh god I haven’t seen it yet? Sounds cringe as ever. Are the comments just as cringe too? 🤢🤢🤢

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.