Helen Anderson #7 Roller skatin, responsibility hatin, constant redecoratin, bogey flickin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screenshot_20201030-115316.png

"I'm doing everything you should do when you have spots" slaps a heap of make up on her face šŸ™„

Oof the close up is doing that foundation no favours in terms of coverage

Screenshot_20201030-115301~2.png

She couldn't even pluck that stray tash hair for the close up...

Screenshot_20201030-115247.png

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
View attachment 293437

"I'm doing everything you should do when you have spots" slaps a heap of make up on her face šŸ™„

View attachment 293443

View attachment 293438
Again how does kvd giving Helen makeup promote it any more?! I know people who arenā€™t makeup trained and they apply so much nicer and better. I dislike her all the same looks heavy lip shimmer orange eye lid. Like why these companies keep giving her free tit.

It fucks me off šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Maybe! She did say the whole reason why he "had" to live with her in the first place was because he had "bad situation at home" and she cant ever live on her own.
Yeah I did think it was REALLY strange that he moved in for lockdown. I mean it was intense and strange even by Quirkerz standards. I think looking back retrospectively and thinking about the way their whole relationship has played out so far, Iā€™m overcome with this horrible gross pity.

Not for her in any sense, more for the type of personality she has. So to think back, it appeared to me that they had absolutely NO chemistry. I never felt they even flirted with each other which to me is just strange in the beginning of a relationship. As time passed I think we really saw that not only did they not have ANY chemistry, they didnā€™t have anything in common. She said he was into running so she did that once to try and make that a thing they shared. From my perspective she doesnā€™t enjoy exercising enough for it to be a hobby. No shade, I bleeping hate being outside and doing exercise šŸ˜‚ Which I why when my partner hikes up mountains I eat chocolate digestives and watch Netflix šŸ˜‰ The only reason she managed the hiking tit with Mark was for the picnics/pints/pub lunches. Oh and to buy new tit. Not a shared passion. FIL made a point about never eating as much ice cream (?) as he did with Helga. Iā€™m thinking heā€™s not really a foodie which is her passion. Again no shade, cooking/baking/chefs table is my jam. As is my partners, which unlike the mountain hiking gives us a shared hobby/interest. Then to add insult to injury they donā€™t even like the same TV stuff, which to me is basic level relationship tit. Donā€™t get me wrong I donā€™t want to watch football or Top Gear with my partner and he doesnā€™t want to watch The Crown or CAOS. However we do enjoy about 70/75% of the same stuff and that fills the majority of what we watch.

Now with all of that being said, to top it off he treats he with absolute distain from what weā€™ve seen. Thereā€™s no intimacy or affection only disgust or indifference. This sparks the pity in me because I CANNOT work out why you would stay in this relationship. Iā€™m not overflowing with the old self confidence and esteem myself but I just canā€™t understand what type of person/head space you would have to be in to prefer this situation to being on your own.

Speaking as someone with BPD, GAD and Depression ( A hat trick I know!) all I can think when I see her is ā€œGO TO THERAPY! I had to wait 3 years for NHS treatment which Iā€™ve just finished after 2+ years. Knowing there might be some light at the end of the tunnel kept me going whilst I was on that waiting list. I say that to say this, what I would have given to have been in a financial position to be able to go private and get treatment straight away, instantly. Itā€™s her money she can do with it as she pleases. Just doesnā€™t make sense to me to keep entering toxic relationships and using poor coping mechanisms when you have the actual tangible resources to help yourself. Madness.

Again how does kvd giving Helen makeup promote it any more?! I know people who arenā€™t makeup trained and they apply so much nicer and better. I dislike her all the same looks heavy lip shimmer orange eye lid. Like why these companies keep giving her free tit.
My personal theory is that no one wants to touch KVD Beauty with a barge pole. I think the PR/marketing teams are just relived when they can get an influencer with a decent following onboard at this point.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Really?? She's pronouncing it correctly, I've never heard anyone say va-lutt. Wonder if it's a regional thing?
Wow, personal preference maybe? šŸ™Š Iā€™m welsh, friends down south, family up north, all say va-lutt šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤Æ

Reactions: 1
View attachment 293437

View attachment 293443

View attachment 293438
How caked on is that!?!? I have an old Kat Von D foundation and itā€™s so heavy and patchy unless you use loads of primer. I definitely wouldnā€™t use it if I had a breakout. And she wonders why her skin suffers.

Reactions: 8

It fucks me off šŸ¤£
Itā€™s so annoying when a brand put out a colourful,
Interesting eyeshadow palette and then every influencer and their nan does the same 3 shade, neutral eye look. bleeping SNOOZE FEST. I know how to contour my eyes with brown, Iā€™m not clicking on a thumbnail that looks exactly the same as 15 other boring witches šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Maybe! She did say the whole reason why he "had" to live with her in the first place was because he had "bad situation at home" and she cant ever live on her own.

I remember when she moved into her grandparents place and freaked out about living on her own (she had previously lived with boyfriends, friends and then her dad)

She said in a q n a that she said that living on her own she cries quite a lot - I think she moved Joe in quite soon after that video too.

Its not surprising that she still does this pattern of behaviour. I don't think she'd ever change.
Crying when living alone screams co-dependent to me. My sister is the same, although luckily she is now with a guy who is perfect for her. But she has been with some right dickheads in the past and I felt like she only stayed with them and put up with less than she deserved because she couldn't be alone.

I have an amazing boyfriend but honestly, I love my alone time. It means I value him more when he stays at my place and vice versa. That's what relationships should be.

We were still in our honeymoon phase 2-3 years into being together. Things shouldn't look like this after just a few months of a relationship.

Helen needs to wake up and smell the indifference.

Reactions: 10
Itā€™s so annoying when a brand put out a colourful,
Interesting eyeshadow palette and then every influencer and their nan does the same 3 shade, neutral eye look. bleeping SNOOZE FEST. I know how to contour my eyes with brown, Iā€™m not clicking on a thumbnail that looks exactly the same as 15 other boring witches šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
This is something that always baffled me, when beauty influencers can make an entire career out of only ever wearing brown eyeshadow and a neutral lip!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
She screams codependent. I'm not hating on that because it's something I've gone through and a lot of other people go through. But it's such a terrible example to set, she's realised this years ago and not done anything to get better. I think she does that with everything honestly. Almost all of the content in her videos is her talking about a bad habit she has and being comforted by the people in the comments who also do it. I can't believe that as an adult she doesn't realise that a lot of people doing something doesn't make it a good choice.

It bothers me that she refuses to see herself as having mental health problems too. I'm not saying she's necessarily clinically ill, but situational depression (a short term type of depression caused by a specific event, ie. a divorce!) is still very serious. Especially considering her parents are separated. I know she gets on with both sides of her family but divorce can be a very traumatic thing for the kids and I'm sure it brought up a lot of that for her. But it's that same hardness again.

Reactions: 17
She screams codependent. I'm not hating on that because it's something I've gone through and a lot of other people go through. But it's such a terrible example to set, she's realised this years ago and not done anything to get better. I think she does that with everything honestly. Almost all of the content in her videos is her talking about a bad habit she has and being comforted by the people in the comments who also do it. I can't believe that as an adult she doesn't realise that a lot of people doing something doesn't make it a good choice.

It bothers me that she refuses to see herself as having mental health problems too. I'm not saying she's necessarily clinically ill, but situational depression (a short term type of depression caused by a specific event, ie. a divorce!) is still very serious. Especially considering her parents are separated. I know she gets on with both sides of her family but divorce can be a very traumatic thing for the kids and I'm sure it brought up a lot of that for her. But it's that same hardness again.
Exactly. Sheā€™s mentioned so many times about having ā€œlow moodā€ but then goes on to say sheā€™s not depressed. Itā€™s a fine line between using mental health as an excuse and genuinely being a sufferer . In this case I actually really think sheā€™s someone who does have depression. Never thought Iā€™d give her a pass/get out of jail free card but I really do think she suffers with her mental health in a big way. Her self soothing behaviours and interpersonal relationships really reflect this as well. Sheā€™s obviously still in denial which is understandable, itā€™s hard admitting your struggling. To me I think itā€™s so clear sheā€™s stuck in certain cycles, Iā€™ve thought sheā€™s had depression for years. I wonder if she ever watches her footage/Vlogs back, I think it would really help her see this. Find her triggers, see her coping mechanisms and get enough perspective to get some professional help.

Reactions: 12
Does anyone think she might have borderline personality disorder?
I looked on Minds website and some of the symptoms were very similar to Helen. :

You might be given a diagnosis of BPD if you experience at least five of the following things, and they've lasted for a long time or have a big impact on your daily life:
  • You feel very worried about people abandoning you, and would do anything to stop that happening.
  • You have very intense emotions that last from a few hours to a few days and can change quickly (for example, from feeling very happy and confident to suddenly feeling low and sad).
  • You don't have a strong sense of who you are, and it can change significantly depending on who you're with.
  • You find it very hard to make and keep stable relationships.
  • You feel empty a lot of the time.
  • You act impulsively and do things that could harm you (such as binge eating, using drugs or driving dangerously).
  • You often self-harm or have suicidal feelings.
  • You have very intense feelings of anger, which are really difficult to control.
  • When very stressed, you may also experience paranoia or dissociation.

Reactions: 4
Does anyone think she might have borderline personality disorder?
I looked on Minds website and some of the symptoms were very similar to Helen. :

You might be given a diagnosis of BPD if you experience at least five of the following things, and they've lasted for a long time or have a big impact on your daily life:
  • You feel very worried about people abandoning you, and would do anything to stop that happening.
  • You have very intense emotions that last from a few hours to a few days and can change quickly (for example, from feeling very happy and confident to suddenly feeling low and sad).
  • You don't have a strong sense of who you are, and it can change significantly depending on who you're with.
  • You find it very hard to make and keep stable relationships.
  • You feel empty a lot of the time.
  • You act impulsively and do things that could harm you (such as binge eating, using drugs or driving dangerously).
  • You often self-harm or have suicidal feelings.
  • You have very intense feelings of anger, which are really difficult to control.
  • When very stressed, you may also experience paranoia or dissociation.
Iā€™d say so. Frustratingly she definitely fits the stereotype of this illness that stigmatises people with this disorder. Iā€™ve had two lots of group therapy with each group between 6-8 of us and Iā€™d say I only really saw 2-3 people whoā€™s personalities were similar to Helenā€™s.

Reactions: 7

Exactly, I remember her saying in her blog in 2018 that she was worried that she was becoming an alcoholic from going out and drinking too much...

"I always felt the need to go out or do something and I genuinely thought at one stage that I was becoming an alcoholic, because I was drinking with friends and also at home a lot more than before."

But it seems lik things haven't changed in regards to alcohol in the two years since she wrote this šŸ™„

"I feel like my breakup was initially fine and of course Itā€™s been upsetting, but the hardest part is feeling NORMAL as a sole individual by getting used to the changes in my life but also not freaking out about them."

I don't think she ever thought that her break up was "fine" - especially after saying that her way of coping was to drink. She's in a lot of denial.

...also says that she "feels ok walking alone" but got together with Mark shortly after writing this šŸ¤£

(if anyone wants to have a read of her blog, link here)

Reactions: 6
That blog post is a really sad read - she really hasnā€™t dealt with any of the issues she mentions in it, has she?

One of the things that really sticks out is worrying about income as a sole earner, self employed person - yet two years later sheā€™s frittering money away constantly during one of the most economically insecure years anyone has had in living memory. And itā€™s obvious sheā€™s not still not really feeling YouTube but continues to struggle on with it, presumably out of fear of change and trying something new.

Reactions: 8
Screenshot_20201030-155219.png

Please tell me she's dressed like this as part of a skit and that she's not being serious... šŸ¤¢

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.