Helen Anderson #26 I never set out to be an inlfuencer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven't asked my gay friends, but it's nothing to do with the American homophobic slur. Just like "faggots" in the UK designates a food item (like beans).
Probably a case of British vs. American English? The homophobes this side of the Atlantic have their own slurs I guess.
For the Americans: here faggots are a pork or beef meatball in gravy with onions (at least here in the Midlands) often eaten with peas and mashed potato. No relation to the homophobic slur. As for fags, it means cigarette. In context you say "just popping out for a fag" or "going on a fag break". Again, nothing to do with the insult and we don't really use the word "fag" in a derogatory way. I think a lot can be said for British portrayals over in the US. What's an insult in one part of the world, isn't here.

Reactions: 19
When it’s used to refer to cigarettes it’s usually completely clear from the sentence structure what the context is, i.e. “I’m nipping out for a fag”. I can’t speak for the gay community, but I’m guessing that if it’s not being hurled at someone as a derogatory insult it doesn’t bother people, as it’s such a long standing UK colloquialism.
Yeah that makes total sense. I think it's just a difference in culture like you said. I think I had only heard it within that context once before and wasn't sure what the consensus was. Thanks for the info:)

Reactions: 7
Are they trying to say you'll either love it or hate it? Certainly tackles the fact that anyone who actually appreciates good true crime podcasts loathes it with a passion. They are crass.
Yep, certainly how I understood the meaning.

It’s just utter garbage. I can’t believe it’s got another series.

Also, wonder if it is just Helga and Danni behind the IG account - at this rate, I don’t know how helga’s phone will let her have another IG account on it, how many does she have now?? 🤣

Reactions: 8
Is the phrase "fags" a term still used in the UK?? As a queer American it did really shock me to hear. I just can't imagine that it's that hard to say cigs? Is the gay community okay with the use of the word?
Theyve been called fags for longer than you can imagine. Everyone is fine with it 😂

Reactions: 14
throwing this out there:
has helen ever really been an "original alternative girl"? if you look at her old content she has just always gone with the trends. now she is in the phase of saying that she always has been into 70s stuff, which isn't true (and 70s stuff is really trendy at the moment). personally i don't follow trends, because of the environment), but people can do what they want i guess. however, i find her whole persona fake in the way that she has to always be the girl that has ALWAYS been into things before they became trendy.

like most of the stuff she does is basic AF, like always going to all the different disney worlds/lands whatever. not that there is anything wrong in being basic, but she acts like she invented liking stuff.

lol.

title suggestion:
making another instagram for ads, but getting less and less engagement and fans

I’ve commented on this before - I was an 80s glam rocker and went to a lot of biker and rock pubs/clubs throughout my teens and 20s. Helen is what we used to call a ‘spud rocker’ 😆. Basically someone who wasn’t really into it but had a few mates who were, liked some of the more commercial rock stuff getting in the charts etc. They were always really easy to spot and Helen definitely fits the mold, even looking at her videos of when she is much younger.

She doesn’t really know herself. You can see that in the way she can’t be alone for 5 minutes, takes on the hobbies and lifestyles of whoever she’s shagging and just repeats the same holidays/TV programmes etc.

It’s still irrationally irritating me that she claims to be a massive Def Leppard fan and hasn’t even noticed they’ve recently released their first studio album in 7 years. Next time she does one of her tit ‘ask me anything’ things on Instagram I’m going to ask her what her favourite track off the new album is.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
BD975CCD-BA42-45C9-B8B5-9EED89D720F5.jpeg

She begged for freebies (🤮) and here they are… Do these influenzas have any clue how fortunate they are?!

• Angry
  • Sick
Don’t forget she’s cutting out bread and gluten as she thinks she reacts badly to it, having a detox, and focusing on nourishing her body. The cookies will definitely help with that.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
This latest gifted item pisses me off. For those of us with Coeliac or Gluten Intolerances and dairy intolerances who have no choice but to pay more for the privilege of eating something that may not taste like it will turn to dust as soon as it hits your mouth, this oaf gets it for free because she’s going through a healthy phase for a week. Boils my piss. Some of us don’t have the choice Helen and unfortunately can’t afford it as the prices are extortionate. This annoys me so much 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 33
You know what, I pledge, if she actually sticks to this detox/nourishment bullshit where there is a visible difference- I’ll re follow her.

So she doesn’t have to pay for it :)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
You guys raise a good point. It’s odd that someone who is supposed to be SO into music, hardly ever talks about it. Unless it’s just for likes (trendy stuff, going to festivals and spending the whole time watching herself through the front camera). Gosh, tattle has really opened my eyes. I can’t believe I used to believe so much of her BS 🙈

Reactions: 20
Why does she rarely if ever buy vintage clothes? Perhaps because it's easier to get views if viewers can also buy exactly what she hauls with a click of a button? I buy a lot of 80s clothes off Depop, eBay and Etsy (also find some gems in charity shops of course) she could easily do the same.

I keep giving her video ideas: country hopping while working and thrifting/buying 2nd hand - I dare you! Show us what you suddenly like about the 70s 🤔

Reactions: 25
either a) You can’t affiliate link old clothes or b) she doesn’t fit into them.
Probably both - not being able to affiliate stuff will definitely be a factor and there are definitely less larger sized vintage clothes about. A size 14 in 1980 is not the same as a size 14 in 2022.

Reactions: 12
Probably both - not being able to affiliate stuff will definitely be a factor and there are definitely less larger sized vintage clothes about. A size 14 in 1980 is not the same as a size 14 in 2022.
Ahhhh very true. Sizes 12/14 were definitely closer to an 8/10 back then if my clothes are anything to go by.

Reactions: 9
This latest gifted item pisses me off. For those of us with Coeliac or Gluten Intolerances and dairy intolerances who have no choice but to pay more for the privilege of eating something that may not taste like it will turn to dust as soon as it hits your mouth, this oaf gets it for free because she’s going through a healthy phase for a week. Boils my piss. Some of us don’t have the choice Helen and unfortunately can’t afford it as the prices are extortionate. This annoys me so much 😂
To be fair, the more people who eat these sort of products the better the selection and prices will be (I have definitely noticed a difference). I have Coeliac disease and there used to be almost no products for me in cafés and supermarkets. Although the trend of buying stuff for supposed health benefits is stupid, I am quite happy that people are buying them, just because it has increased the demand and there are so many more options for me now. Everyone has a choice, you can easily make your own snacks that are gluten free for less than a third of the price (I can send you some recipes if you want). Helen does alot of annoying stuff, but this ain't it for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
To be fair, the more people who eat these sort of products the better the selection and prices will be (I have definitely noticed a difference). I have Coeliac disease and there used to be almost no products for me in cafés and supermarkets. Although the trend of buying stuff for supposed health benefits is stupid, I am quite happy that people are buying them, just because it has increased the demand and there are so many more options for me now. Everyone has a choice, you can easily make your own snacks that are gluten free for less than a third of the price (I can send you some recipes if you want). Helen does alot of annoying stuff, but this ain't it for me.
I remember my mum used to be able to get basics like bread on prescription but due to the increase of availability in the supermarket they stopped offering it. So there’s more selection but works out more expensive for her 😬 Although tbf with all the cuts they are always making to the NHS they probably would’ve stopped prescribed food by now, shop availability or not.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Remember when she bought a brand new bike because her old one wouldn’t do and a fancy helmet and gloves?

Has that seen the light of day again?

Sorry guys, this isn’t a skating biking channel

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.