Helen Anderson #22 tattle is the root of all evil, blame them for my emotional upheaval

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What social pressure was she under to drink two bottles of fizz while wrapping presents last Xmas?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Question for the culture Helga - are you capable of writing a chorus that consists of more than one sentence? That is what I want to know.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
4A3C8425-6E08-458F-81D4-2C249C227903.jpeg

not drinking in October is going so well apparently… Why post about alcohol now, especially when it adds nothing to the picture ? She could have taken the exact same picture without the margarita and it was enough!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
What social pressure was she under to drink two bottles of fizz while wrapping presents last Xmas?
I think she really sees it as normal to reward yourself for literally doing anything. That is a hard habit to break. I related to her saying that she feels she has to make the most of every food experience, bakery, restaurant etc as it might not happen again as I had that mentality after coming off a diet. But then that's how you get to where she is now if you just over consume - it's no longer a treat it's glutton. She's taken a veeeeery long time to realise though that that isn't normal!!

These habits will be awful if she has a kid too. Will inspire such a bad relationship with food.

Reactions: 12
I think she really sees it as normal to reward yourself for literally doing anything. That is a hard habit to break. I related to her saying that she feels she has to make the most of every food experience, bakery, restaurant etc as it might not happen again as I had that mentality after coming off a diet. But then that's how you get to where she is now if you just over consume - it's no longer a treat it's glutton. She's taken a veeeeery long time to realise though that that isn't normal!!

These habits will be awful if she has a kid too. Will inspire such a bad relationship with food.
I totally agree with all of the comments on here. My only child has autism, ADHD, general anxiety disorder and asthma and it's no picnic. Also her relationship with Fill isn't secure and quite frankly, who wants a father who looks like one of those 1980s gonks?

Also, who on earth are the followers who keep blowing smoke up her arse?

• Haha

I haven't watched the video so maybe it was sincere this time, can't comment, but I am not actually convinced that she has realised that her greedy behaviour isn't normal.

She's said that before, quite a few years ago, when Maff would be annoyed at her for planning any outing around eateries. Well, she went back to doing exactly that with Mark, then with Phil didn't she.

I don't think she'll get out of these cycles unless she actually works with a proper counselor.
And it's not just about her relationship with food or drink but also about her shopping addiction, constantly seeking instant gratification.

Why did she need new kneepads, by the way? Didn't she already own a pair? They would be barely used, too.

Reactions: 12
I don't think she'll get out of these cycles unless she actually works with a proper counselor.
And it's not just about her relationship with food or drink but also about her shopping addiction, constantly seeking instant gratification.

Why did she need new kneepads, by the way? Didn't she already own a pair? They would be barely used, too.
I agree she needs to do some real hard work with a proper counselor if she really wants to tackle her issues and make real changes in her life. But that is difficult to do and it's not for everyone. I'm also not convinced she really accepts that her behaviors are addictions. You can't deal with addiction until you accept your an addict. I think she could really benefit from attending Overeaters Anonymous but there is no way she's at the stage to see that.

In her video she was talking about growing up without much money which is why she hates putting the heating on and sees getting treats for bakeries etc as something that might not happen again, which is understandable. But as usual with Helen, she contradicts herself, because she's not at all frugal or sensible with money in other areas of her life and thinks nothing of buying endless clothes and gadgets she doesn't need. So she won't put the heating on but is happy to buy expensive, unnecessary gadgets on the regular. Basically the girl is a mass of issues.

Apparently she needs new knee pads because the old ones 'kept getting lost in my knees' 🤣🤣🤣.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Re: gluttony, or w.e we're calling it here.

While watching the vlog she touched on something that resonated with me, and if you've ever been in the same boat (especially being young in the very late 80s/early 90s) it will resonate with you too: she mentioned how money was tight growing up and not enough food to go around, so she wants to enjoy food-related things now that she can afford to.

I have to agree because my mentality is the same. I always eat very, very quickly because then the food can't be taken away, or, in the deep recesses of my mind, I still think there won't be another meal. It doesn't matter that now I'm an adult there is always food in the house - at one point the cupboards and fridge were bare and my mom only had £12 child support a week to feed three kids on. I will eat to excess when I'm having a meal out with my partner (who is also from a very poor house hold where there was no food on the table some nights), because we can.

Just my two cents but that's was my take away from her comment that she made very quickly and moved on.

Also, this is Irish YTer Jessie B (not subbed to her, she came up my explore feed on YT). Legit thought it was Helen for a sec.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Wasn't Helens Dad a cameraman growing up? She comes from a reasonably well off family, doesn't she?

Just knowing that cameramen earn a good wage makes me question this, that's all.

I agree that food insecurity can lead to issues later on in life.

My parents told me a rather sobering thing several years ago. That they would sometimes skip meals so me and my sister could eat. Nothing fancy, just beans on a jacket potato but we would sit down and they would have nothing. Still hurts my heart to think about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Wasn't Helens Dad a cameraman growing up? She comes from a reasonably well off family, doesn't she?
Pretty sure he was. But were her parents together at that point? I always got the impression they were pretty comfortable in her childhood too. I guess it could have been a facade!

Reactions: 7

Just knowing that cameramen earn a good wage makes me question this, that's all.

My parents told me a rather sobering thing several years ago. That they would sometimes skip meals so me and my sister could eat. Nothing fancy, just beans on a jacket potato but we would sit down and they would have nothing. Still hurts my heart to think about it.
My grannies raised 4 kids over the 40s, 50s and mum told me that when they had sandwiches, my grandma would only put filling on the outer edge of hers so it looked like she had the same, when really, it was just bread and butter she had. Saved all the ham for the kids

• Sad
Reactions: 15

Yeah, I think he was. But that doesn't always mean he was always employed - especially if jobs were few and far between. My mom was the same after my dad walked out on us. Luckily, my granddad stepped in to pay to pay some of bills while she was finishing up university and waiting to start her job but we had no hot water/heating or consistent food for years - even when my parents were married. I still can't eat smiley faces, mini pizzas or Bernard Matthews turkey roll or go into Farmfoods.

My mom's car was SORNed twice because she couldn't afford to run it and keep the lights on. You'd never know my dad left her with 13p after he emptied their accounts as we lived in a three bed semi in a nice part of suburbia. Now we're older with our own homes etc she comes out with things that she did to keep our house, and hopes that me and my siblings never have to go through it again. My point is - perception isn't reality.

Reactions: 11
Of course this is true. But Helen comes out with a lot of tit, so forgive me if I'm skeptical 😂

I'm sorry, don't mean this in bad taste, but when talking about our childhoods, all I can think of is the four Yorkshiremen sketch by Monty Python :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 17