Helen Anderson #11 What be covid? I don’t that in my space

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
WELCOME TO THREAD #11
HELEN ANDERSON - What be covid? I don’t that in my space

Big thank you to @microwavequeen for the title suggestion!
50 votes

Let's have a recap and get right to the good stuff!​

▷ BOREMAS CONTINUED...
- Vlogmas #17
Misses Friday's upload because she wanted maximum sympathy / worry after COVID HairGate.
Uploads Sunday an incredibly boring vlog where she files a piece of metal

- Vlogmas #18
Has the Christmas excitment shits, then drinks 4 extra strong cocktails

- Vlogmas #19-21
Uses 'goodbye' as clickbait.
Has the weirdest "conversation" with Fil.
Goes out shopping multiple times.
Goes out for dinners
Has friends over to exchange presents, then goes off and visits friends to exchange presents.
Does a nonsensical speech saying that we are ALLOWED to feel sad, we should get through this QUICKER and SAVE LIVES and BE POSITIVE, and then shows herself going out shopping... yet again.

- Vlogmas #23-27
Goes away to a place that was "2 minutes down the road but actually it's 30 minutes away, but really it's 40 mins away".
Paid extra to have the room decorated for Fil's birthday.... he got six pathetic balloons blown up with a strangers breath during a pandemic
Fil fails the idiot test, pulls the rope to an outside bucket shower and is surprised when he gets soaked in water.
Needs a "well deserved break" after doing barely anything

▷ SORRY NOT SORRY
Continuing on from the previous thread after Helen broke Covid rules when she travelled from Norwich to Tier 3 London to get her hair done (read: about the apology video here)
- Spams videos, pictures and IG reels of her getting her hair done to gain more likes and views
- Shows everyone that she still can't wear a mask properly
- Deletes any negative comments she got on her Youtube / IG about the London trip, then when asked, she claims believes that people aren't ignoring the rules, claiming that they're only breaking them because they are confusing
- Continues to block and delete comments, only leaving up comments that tell her she's fine to break the rules
- In her Vlogmas 19-21 video she did a speech about people should be saving lives and how the pandemic will be over quicker, but then shows herself going out for non essential shopping, and two 'last minute' Christmas shopping trips, seeing her friends, going out for meals and also getting her nails done
- YOU GUYS SAVE LIVES - I NEED TO GO SHOPPING AGAIN

▷ HOW DOES HELEN REACT TO THE TIER 4 & A NEW STRAIN OF COVID ANNOUNCMENT? - BY, YET AGAIN, GOING OUT MULTIPLE TIMES OF COURSE!
- Even though Christmas has been cancelled for millions, she still posts how she's super excited about Christmas (because Covid doesn't affect her)
- "Adding the Christmas spirit, what's left of it looool"
- After Boris' first tier 4 announcement - she goes out, again, with Ben and doesn't social distance (deletes comments when people pointed out the lack of social distancing)

▷ HOW DOES HELEN REACT TO THE NORFOLK TIER 4 ANNOUNCEMENT? "WELL I'M STILL GOING AWAY ON A MINI BREAK HOLIDAY FOR MY RELAXING TIME"
- Previously planned a big secret get away full of excitment for Fil's birthday
- After Boris' second announcement of Norfolk going into tier 4 she continues on with her plan to take Fildo away for his birthday (don't worry it's just a hotel down the road, actually it's 2 minutes away, just kidding is over half an hour away but most likely further than that)
- Dogs were taken round to Maff's sister's house and then she had to go round to Ellie's house to pick up the birthday cake she made... mmm tastes like covid
- Continues to recieve backlash for her selfish decision to go away for Fil's bithday, continues to delete comments
- Comments that she's going away for HER RELAXING TIME on Fil's birthday, and after her getting oh so confused about the guidelines when she went to London - suddenly remembers all the guidelines and rules just in time for her trip away!
- Likes comments that support her going from a tier 4 area to a tier 2 and going away on a mini break and blaming the government for her mistake, and her molluscs are sooooo certain the hotel she's staying at is covid secure!
- She's having such a great time that she spent all day on IG posting her "new fav trend" of getting people to ask her to post certain pictures (unsurprisingly they were boring - one of her wall and lots of her drunk off her skull/drugged up)
- Still goes out to dinner on Christmas Eve and still has her family over for Christmas Day

▷ STILL LURKING ON TATTLE...
- Tattlers suggested that she should donate her gifted Sainsbury's hamper to a food bank. Helen eats the hamper but then mentions in Vlogmas #17 that she's only just noticed there's a food bank trolley at Asda so she will 'look into' donating something, after she decides which food bank.
- A tattler suggested Christmas themed content eg: virtual cocktail making session she could do instead of the boring shit she's doing at the moment. Helen then posts a virtual Christmas Cocktail video

THAT AWKWARD GRANNY KISS....."CAN I GO NOW?"
- In Vlogmas #18, she edits in THE MOST HILARIOUS part where Fil asks if he can leave the room, she grabs hold of his arm and creepily moves her face towards him, he gives her the quickest peck - like he was kissing his Granny - and then rushes away while her face drops and she does a sad pathetic little wave bye bye

▷ SO.MANY.ADS.
- Gets worse with her #ad and #gifted stories on IG Posted all these in one day(also shows that she shuts her dogs in the tiny washroom whenever she's not in the house - because she still hasn't toilet trained Dee)
- Does a weird advert for SKY which was such poor quality and wasn't even remotely in line with the TV show she was promoting

▷ SHE'S BAAAAACK
- Posts a IG story of 2020's hightlights
- Still has the gall to claim she's suffered like the rest of us and has had to adjust to a "slower pace of life"
- Posts another top 10 of things she did in 2020
- Gets called out for doing so many things in a pandemic - and her response was "YEAH! WHAT'S YOUR POINT?
- Pats herself on the back for getting through 2020 by compromising and only having 6 or so holidays during a pandemic
- Squeezes herself in a pair of trousers so ill fitting that she decides to call it a horse rider look... (this is what they were supposed to look like)

▷ STILL CAN'T DO tit FOR HERSELF
- Makes Fil take shitty pictures of her when he came home for his lunch break from work, because she's a selfish cunt who couldn't possibly have set up a tripod to take her own pictures
- Also hilariously uses the wrong idiom

▷ ANNOUNCES THAT SHE'S IN THERAPY, ALSO THOUGHT THAT BEING ON ANTI-DEPRESSANTS MAKES YOU A FAILURE
- Because "influencers have had it worse in 2020", recieveing lots of comments which didn't kiss her arse constantly, her moody periods and the fact that now she has nothing to do - she's decided to get therapy to help battle her self doubt (not for her obvious alcoholism)
- Puts out the first video of 2021 where she does a skit taking the piss and where she shames people for wanting to have goals and live healthier
- Calls herself an inspiration
- Has a dig at her ex husband as he's super buff now, and says she isn't damaged from her marriage break up
- Still thinks influencers have had it the worst
- Came off the pill and has forgotten what hormones does to her, thinks that she has a hormone inbalance
- Went to doctors and didn't want to be put on anti depressants because she saw it as being a failure

*Sorry this was a bit of a rush job as have had a lot going on over here. If I've missed any info or hilarious pictures, please add it below!

▷ PICTURE HIGHLIGHTS:

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Thank you Luna!! That awkward granny kiss is my fav bit I think, has got me absolutely howling 😃

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Not watched Helen in a long time but she randomly popped into my head the other night and I found this place, thank you Luna for all the recaps they've been more exciting than actually watching the videos. Sad to see she's still the same old Helen. I have recently just gone back on anti-depressants so I hope she gets the help she needs with whatever issues she has and can get back to her old self.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Thanks for new thread Luna. Will this finally be the one where Helen actually stays the duck home? 🤔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I keep hearing these comments about anti depressants similar to Helen’s and they’re so weird and harmful. I’m glad I started taking mine before I’d heard anything about being a failure! I really don’t think influencers who have no experience with taking anti-depressants should be making any comment on them because the stigma just keeps getting spread more. I could go on and on about how positive my experience has been personally but I’ll spare everyone a long post 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Excellent recap @Lunamoon22, as ever.

Influencers shouldn’t be talking about anything that they don’t have real knowledge and experience of, least of all anything to do with health issues (mental or physical). Anti depressants are a really effective medication for a lot of people, sometimes life saving. I have some doubts about Helen‘s attitude to good mental health in general and her approach to her mission to improve her own. Basically, I think she’s going to half arse it like she does with everything, whilst going on like she’s the fount of all knowledge, which is so harmful to her fans, as they all seem incapable of seeing her for what she really is.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Thank you Luna as per usual and I hope you're okay at the moment ❤

I wonder what Helen thought of mental health pre her getting help. If she didn't want to go on antidepressants because she felt she was a failure - what kind of attitude did she have to people who were on them before her? Did she even give it much thought? I'm going to say probably not. I don't really think she should have kept that comment in, or at least tried to phrase it a bit better. I think I get what she was trying to say - she thought her going on medication made her a failure but now she realises it doesn't - but the way she said it was just insulting to those who are on medication

The nosey side of me would also like to know if she's using the NHS or going private for her therapy. I know when I went to the GP one summer between uni for some things mental health related I got told to wait until I go back to uni to get help as the waiting list in Norfolk is months long (wasn't the best thing to hear at the time lol).

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Thank you Luna as per usual and I hope you're okay at the moment ❤

I wonder what Helen thought of mental health pre her getting help. If she didn't want to go on antidepressants because she felt she was a failure - what kind of attitude did she have to people who were on them before her? Did she even give it much thought? I'm going to say probably not. I don't really think she should have kept that comment in, or at least tried to phrase it a bit better. I think I get what she was trying to say - she thought her going on medication made her a failure but now she realises it doesn't - but the way she said it was just insulting to those who are on medication

The nosey side of me would also like to know if she's using the NHS or going private for her therapy. I know when I went to the GP one summer between uni for some things mental health related I got told to wait until I go back to uni to get help as the waiting list in Norfolk is months long (wasn't the best thing to hear at the time lol).
I personally see her attitude towards antidepressants a slap in the face for her fans who may be on them. Taking antidepressants and/or asking for help isn’t failing it takes a hell of a lot of guts to reach out and ask for help. Sorry but I’ve lost friends due to their mental health and it enrages me when I see it being brushed off as a weakness, failure, ect.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Just goes to show how fake all her mental health videos were before if she's ONLY JUST realised that getting help by taking medication for an illness doesn't make you weak or a failure.

What a thing to admit that you literally only just realised at the end of 2020, when a mental health awareness and acceptance has come on leaps and bounds over the years, yet she's been stuck in the dark ages with her stigmatized toxic thinking until (as always) it's suddenly affected her 🙄

Reactions: 27
Once again it shows exactly how ignorant and uneducated she is in important topics when it doesn't concern her personally :rolleyes: what makes her a failure is the constant selfishness and ignorance, not the part of getting help from medication.

Reactions: 16
I'm just astounded that this silly girl doesn't seem to have the ability to think before she speaks. Not even a "Hmm I'm about to say that I viewed being on medication for mental health problems makes me weak and a failure.. would that potentially offend someone? Yes? Ah well, duck it, I get a kick out of insulting people, and then whine and play the victim card when people call me out on it"
She makes these same mistakes over, and over again. When will she learn??
Please, for the love of God, when will she grow a brain?

Reactions: 21
I personally see her attitude towards antidepressants a slap in the face for her fans who may be on them. Taking antidepressants and/or asking for help isn’t failing it takes a hell of a lot of guts to reach out and ask for help. Sorry but I’ve lost friends due to their mental health and it enrages me when I see it being brushed off as a weakness, failure, ect.
To give Helen the benefit of the doubt, we do live in a Society that unfortunately pushes this narrative, and even subconsciously I’m sure many people do still believe this. I think Helen saying she did believe this, but being able to admit she needs help, is still a step in the direction. Hopefully she can use help platform to educate and explain what she has been through with her therapy journey and almost a ‘lessons learned’ (this might just be wishful thinking!)

I sort of mirror this to my personal experience with my assault -when I’ve heard stories, I am a firm believer that it’s total BS of ‘they asked for it’ but when it happened to me, all these doubts came rushing through my head. I had to really take a stand back and realise I didn’t think this when supporting my friends, why should I be so mean to myself?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Thank you for the recap, Luna ❤ That picture of Phil with the alien meme cracks me up every bleeping time I see, keep coming back to the thread to look at it. I actually don't dislike him and I think it's quite nice that Helen is helping him with his car social media page, even if it feels like something she's pushed to have the 'yt boyfriend', but the memes absolutely send me.

I totally agree with this. Following my lowest period, I reached out and went to CBT classes but the thing that really helped kickstart getting my life back on track was starting on antidepressants a few months later. CBT helped me feel better in myself but antidepressants were what I needed to start actively making positive changes in my life and feeling excited about the day to day.

I want to believe she means this more in an 'addressing the stigma, they aren't a failure' type of way but she didn't need to include the negative perception - would have been nicer if she said that she was worried as there is a stigma around taking medication but they've helped her rather than 'oh I didn't want to be on them, it felt like a failure, but I need to be honest about it. I am glad that she's taking steps to address her issues but I do wish she'd addressed this differently. (edit): I do agree with Meowmix though and really hope Helen can grow, get better, and use her platform to educate others in future.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Sorry if that's already been posted, i'm still catching up on posts from Vlogmas 😂
Is this really how she sees herself? A spindly, fresh-faced gal with super thick hair?

1610216424624.png
1610216601395.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41

Hopefully this copies the video at the time I want it to (20:20 mins). She talks about worrying she's upsetting people and hate comments and spending a lot of her energy on the 'hate'
She references a few things I've only seen us talk about on here hehe such as....
1610215684499.png

'the fact that you're eating pork when you said you weren't going to eat pork'

I didn't actually get this far in the video yesterday because it was such a pity party haha so I'm watching it now
She felt like she had to 'police people' on how to be nice but now she's realised that's not her responsibility - she would read a negative comment, that would be her evening gone and she'd be upset, angry, go round and round in her head, why did they say that or think that about her that's not nice, not true - she'd reply think why did she reply and just delete it
Then she says not everyone is going to agree with her
'I absolutely don't expect people to kiss my arse all the time'
'I can't expect everybody to like me'
'we can't expect everybody to like us'
'I can't be everything for everybody'
Her intentions are always good, sometimes she gets things wrong, sometimes she does appreciate it when people tell her things she's said aren't right but there's a certain way to tell her. She'd shut the door in someones face if they came hurling abuse to her irl, so why let that into her online space she's created for cool and happy content.

Okay so reflecting on that, I just can't feel sympathy for her? She's spent a good 5 mins talking about how comments make her feel but doesn't for a second think about her actions. She is pulling the 'I can't be held responsible for how you take what I say' card and is offering a non apology. How can she go on about people being mean to her, when she say's a whole bunch of controversial things. Cancel culture and black face for example. She's asked if extroverts have it harder than people with social anxiety. Didn't for a second think about the impact of saying going on anti depressants made her feel like a failure.

If she doesn't want the criticism or people questioning things she has said, don't make this you're career.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
To give Helen the benefit of the doubt, we do live in a Society that unfortunately pushes this narrative, and even subconsciously I’m sure many people do still believe this. I think Helen saying she did believe this, but being able to admit she needs help, is still a step in the direction. Hopefully she can use help platform to educate and explain what she has been through with her therapy journey and almost a ‘lessons learned’ (this might just be wishful thinking!)

I sort of mirror this to my personal experience with my assault -when I’ve heard stories, I am a firm believer that it’s total BS of ‘they asked for it’ but when it happened to me, all these doubts came rushing through my head. I had to really take a stand back and realise I didn’t think this when supporting my friends, why should I be so mean to myself?
I’m so sorry that happened to you.

Reactions: 8
‘She'd shut the door in someones face if they came hurling abuse to her irl, so why let that into her online space she's created for cool and happy content.’

Just because people make comments she doesn’t like, doesn’t mean they’re ‘hurling abuse’ at her :rolleyes: . And the idea that she’s in a position to police people in how to be nice is laughable given the way she’s speaks to and about her nearest and dearest online. She‘s a classic example of that person who acts like a twit and then plays the victim when their behaviour is challenged. She really doesn‘t know herself at all - the mental picture she has of herself is miles away from who she actually is.

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.