Helen Anderson #11 What be covid? I don’t that in my space

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think there's such a fine line between doing good by being honest about your feelings and things that have worried you, versus contributing and perpetuating those harmful things as well, and it all comes down to the exact language you use. Sometimes you have to be nit-picky about these things. For example she could've said "I was really afraid of going on medication because of this stigma around it and how people might view me, but I've realised it's all bollocks" vs. just saying "I felt like it would make me a failure" or whatever. She may not have meant it how we're all taking it but it leaves way too much room for interpretation, so people who do carry that stigma can watch and go "see Helen agrees! medication bad!", and upsets people like me who are already insecure about being on medication. We all know what Helen is like though, she'd complain about having to be careful about everything she says so people don't "attack" her instead of realising there's just certain topics you have to handle delicately if you want to be a kind human being.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
It’s the NDR near the Norwich north entrance

View attachment 380658
View attachment 380660
There are a few spots down the A11 towards Mildenhall that look identical to that (pic above is one of them). I've been driving the google map car down the road to try find the exact bridge but I can't so god knows where they are but they're definitely miles away from where they should be....HOME!!! Even if they're just taking his car for a drive it's unnecessary! If they get into a crash or whatever, the NHS have better things to deal with - thats the whole point of staying home
I

Sorry didn’t mean to reply so badly :oops: was trying to say where it was...

the mental health statement she made was terrible, it sets it back to how people used to view it..
[/QUOTE]

Edit This has quoted so badly whats happening!

Yes! Thank you haha, found the sign. Knew it looked familiar, I live 5 mins away from it haha. A lot of Norfolk looks the same to be honest 😅
1610235773507.png

I don't understand why they needed to go out? It's phrased on Fils insta that they're literally just going for a drive so I doubt they're going out for essentials
found this article online - https://www.driving.co.uk/news/roads/can-go-drive-coronavirus-lockdown/

1610236184944.png

Reactions: 7
Helen. I'm on antidepressants or serotonin uptakers because my body will not produce enough serotonin. People are not failures for going on antidepressants. Sounds like she grew up around a mentality that you can just "work the depression away".

The whole "she said she wasn't going to eat pork and she ate pork!!!!" way to dismiss people's really distress about how you have been acting in the pandemic.

God she's like a countryside Tana Mongeou (idk how to spell her last name) cannot stay in the house. (It's a nice house too!) Instead of hitting the club, she hits up Waitrose.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Sometimes you have to be nit-picky about these things.
Completely agree with everything you’ve said, particularly this point. Occasionally there will be nitpicky comments but that comes with the job. Most of the time any criticism or ‘’’’’hate’’’’ comments she gets are justified because she isn’t very good with the words she uses. Her life is online, she needs to learn how to word her opinions better so people don’t take them the wrong way.

it’s happened so many times where she’ll come back with ‘I didn’t mean that!’ Or ‘you interpreted what I said wrong’ that I’m just like...really? Again? Are you telling me we’ve all interpreted what you’ve said wrong..again? tbh I just think she’s a crappy person with selfish and damaging opinions and I’m getting real tired of her trying to play the victim 24/7 😴

Along with working on herself at therapy I think she needs to learn how to emphasise with others and put herself in others shoes more. But honestly, I don’t think she’ll change

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Her supposed good mates just lost her dad from covid and she's breaking lockdown rules
How the duck does she dare 🤬🤬🤬

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
Bare with me here, cos I don't bleeping understand where the stigma comes from.

If I broke my arm, I'd be in visible pain.
If have a visible cast, visible injures. Everyone can look at me and sympathise that it's sore and I'm hurt. I'll need physio, or maybe some other care. People accept that.

But when you tell them you're hurt on the inside, in your mind, nah. No belief.
I’m really sorry you’ve experienced this. I also have PTSD and a laundry list of other tit lmao. But I wanna say that putting mental ill health vs physical ill health hurts both communities. Trust me, you can say you have a certain physical problem or disease and people will still disbelieve you and treat you badly. At the end of the day, society as a whole treats any illness (mental or physical) as an aberration, and treats ill people like tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I was watching another YouTubers video and they mentioned that when you work in social media you look for a 10% engagement rate to monitor success, across any of the platforms. So if you have 50,000 followers you want 5000 views or likes on each post, as a minimum.

A quick look at Helen’s videos for the last 18 months (I went back pre-Covid to give it a fair comparison) shows that generally speaking she has around 5% engagement. She’s looking for 59-60k views to hit 10% on her YouTube videos. Her ‘He Cheated/agony aunt’ video got 70k but that was a very click bait title. Prior to that any video that‘s done well tend to have broader titles that will attract more views, like Halloween costumes, answering assumptions or the NC500 videos.

By this standard, she must know her channel is failing but she still insists of putting out the same tired, poor quality content and does’t appear to have a back up plan. This does not bode well for her professional and financial future. This is something that she needs to address in counselling because the wheels already seem to be falling off her influencer gravy train.

Reactions: 21
I was watching another YouTubers video and they mentioned that when you work in social media you look for a 10% engagement rate to monitor success, across any of the platforms. So if you have 50,000 followers you want 5000 views or likes on each post, as a minimum.

A quick look at Helen’s videos for the last 18 months (I went back pre-Covid to give it a fair comparison) shows that generally speaking she has around 5% engagement. She’s looking for 59-60k views to hit 10% on her YouTube videos. Her ‘He Cheated/agony aunt’ video got 70k but that was a very click bait title. Prior to that any video that‘s done well tend to have broader titles that will attract more views, like Halloween costumes, answering assumptions or the NC500 videos.

By this standard, she must know her channel is failing but she still insists of putting out the same tired, poor quality content and does’t appear to have a back up plan. This does not bode well for her professional and financial future. This is something that she needs to address in counselling because the wheels already seem to be falling off her influencer gravy train.
The rate that she is spending money at, she is going to run out pretty damn quickly!

Reactions: 7
@Tyla73 was that Smokey Glow? She mentioned this and I instantly thought of Helen aswell! She hasn't progressed through the years and adapted, she stays in her safe spot which is ,i'm guessing ,mainly due to laziness and apathy. A lot of Youtubers who've been around for years have had to move with the times and re invent themselves, not abandoning who they are but being more relevant. Helen is so stubborn she will not hear any constructive critisism like this and will just say we're bullying her

Reactions: 12
I also wanted to say that pretty much every job requires updating your skills and bettering yourself. If you want to be good at anything you have to always be working on it.. I love to paint and I can't just keep reproducing the same picture and expect everyone to faint with adoration. Yet Helen has pretty much churned out the same content for years with no real development or new ideas but when anyone even slightly challenges her they get shut down and blocked. Imagine crying and sulking at your boss cos they want you to go on a course/want you to stack shelves in a new way/ get off your bum and actually work..
I would love to see her make a series on work experience..like Rhod Gilbert did but not funny and and seriosuly annoying to watch. Yeah okay, no.

Reactions: 16
@boo5432 it was Smokey Glow. Like you, the minute she said it, I thought of Helen. I found it really interesting and it's a really easy way to assess how well someone's channel is doing. I have no idea how much money YouTubers need to make to be able to do do it as a full time job but Helen can't be making that much from YouTube? Adsense is unreliable (loads of people must skip adverts), she never has a sponsor and she doesn't seem to do much sponsored/affiliate content. Getting sent free stuff doesn't pay the bills it just helps you accumulate stuff. I reckon loads of influencers have a lot of credit card debt and can see Helen being in that situation.

Reactions: 10
@Tyla73 Oh absolutely! I guess she made a lot more in the earlier days and hasn't adjusted her spending to her lesser wages she receives now. She probably wants to appear just as successful as she once was, not just to the viewers but also to herself. I completely agree that a lot of influencers are living off of credit cards to try and keep up with the illusions each of them portrays. They're all ruining each other!

Reactions: 10
I followed Phil's car and bike page because I actually don't know anything about fixing up engines etc and I might as well see what I can learn, but as everyone's said the lack of proof-reading is already stinging
Screenshot_20210110-163035.png

Its EARA

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I followed Phil's car and bike page because I actually don't know anything about fixing up engines etc and I might as well see what I can learn, but as everyone's said the lack of proof-reading is already stinging
View attachment 381817

Its EARA
I wonder who's house he took that pic at - doesn't look like the bike is at casa de Quirkerz 🤔

Reactions: 6
View attachment 381817

Its EARA
I BET Helen has control over his account! The captions to his posts seem too well written to be Helen, but all the stories are just full of typos it’s got to be her 🤣

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.