Helen Anderson #10 ASOS Binge, COVID Whinge and a Festive Minge

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 357042

Imma need to see evidence before I take her word on anything.

But also, of it is local why didn't she say that in the first place? She's been harping on about taking him away for a magical birthday surprise, if it's only down the road then just bleeping stay at home!

Edit: sorry double posted screen shot above
Exactly!!! Sorry Helen, does that negate my point? Going from a hairdressers in London which is one of the worst affected areas right now, to a hotel where there will be other people. I might feel differently if she’d been tested but she hasn’t. Going to another part of Norfolk doesn’t make it better.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
What Helen consistently chooses to ignore is just because you can doesn‘t mean you shoud.

Reactions: 22
Does she mean tide her over?

Truly one of the great minds of our time.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
It’s actually scary the way she goes out and meets different people everyday even if it’s outside because there’s probably 1000s of Helen types doing that in the UK right now and they don’t think they’re doing anything wrong. STAY THE duck INSIDE PLEASE, IM BEGGING YOU! The better we stick to the rules, the quicker we’ll be out of this mess! What is so hard to understand! Come on Helen, please.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Exactly!!! Sorry Helen, does that negate my point? Going from a hairdressers in London which is one of the worst affected areas right now, to a hotel where there will be other people. I might feel differently if she’d been tested but she hasn’t. Going to another part of Norfolk doesn’t make it better.
She truly is thick beyond measure to another level. The sarcastic laughing emoji....I’ve zero doubt it won’t have even registered in her one brain cell the correlation between visiting London and staying in a local hotel. I also highly, highly doubt she knows what ‘asymptomatic’ means. I’m desperate for someone to ask her!!!!!! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Reactions: 23
And it's not just going to a hotel - it's organising someone to take the dogs in (or maybe she has someone coming to stay at hers?) and unnecessarily letting them mix in another house hold for however long they're away for, interacting with more even people.

Does she not realise that they can transmit the virus just by multiple people touching their fur? And in some cases animals can actually catch the virus too.

And also she made out like she had this whole exciting thing planned, it can't just be a crappy over night stay at a hotel 2 mins down the road.

"In the grand scheme of things it's not that hard to stay home..." - Helen Anderson

"Saving lives" - Helen Anderson

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Isn't going to a hotel down the road just the epitome of unnecessary travel? You might as well just stay home at that point (which would be a much more sensible choice given the circumstances).

You're not even going somewhere special, just going somewhere for the sake of it.

Reactions: 51
I get wanting a change of scenery from the house, but that’s because I’ve hardly left my house for months. I don’t have the same sympathy for her because shes got a constant change of scenery. Even still there are so many ways to do that while staying home. Personally I would’ve utilised the office at the bottom of the garden. Take all the work tit out for a night, set up some fairy lights and candles all romantic, make his favourite dinner or order his favourite takeaway. Easy peasy and means a lot to most people.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I’m so angry about her swanning off to a hotel (whether it’s local or elsewhere they’re both just as bad during a bloody pandemic) she’s actually idiotic. Her ‘apology’ now clearly means tit all if she’s still taking Fil away for his birthday. There’s absolutely no regard for her own actions and how they impact others. READ THE ROOM HELGA.

Reactions: 27
What's more annoying is her groupies justifying it and yeah, if it's so local why bother? Absolutely nailed it with the trying to remain fun comment.

What shocks me is she even said herself, she knows people who have been affected by this pandemic. But that’s not enough for her to change her actions

I get wanting a change of scenery from the house, but that’s because I’ve hardly left my house for months. I don’t have the same sympathy for her because shes got a constant change of scenery. Even still there are so many ways to do that while staying home. Personally I would’ve utilised the office at the bottom of the garden. Take all the work tit out for a night, set up some fairy lights and candles all romantic, make his favourite dinner or order his favourite takeaway. Easy peasy and means a lot to most people.
Especially when the vast majority of people this year have had birthdays via Zoom etc.

Reactions: 14
I’m sure fil won’t care if they spent his birthday at home, I really can’t see him being the type to make a massive fuss anyway. It’s all her, she has to make everything about her and any chance to spend money on something like a trip, she’ll jump right on it.
The office idea would be super cute, thoughtful and a great use of a newly renovated space but it’s not flash enough for Helen, not enough of a chance to show off.
It’s so disheartening to see such selfishness and disregard for others right before Christmas :/

• Heart
Reactions: 37
"It'll all be over quicker if YOU guys stay at home and save lives, I just need to go shopping, get my pubes lasered, get my nails done, get my eyelashes done, get my eyebrows done, get my hair done in London they've just gone into tier 3 but it'll be no biggy - just nipping there and back, gotta go to post office first though, then the tip, and get the tube to the salon, then gotta go to McDonald's on the way back, but I really did go straight there and back, tit - I need to go shopping again, gotta go to bootcamp, gotta meet my friends, go out for dinner, go on another holiday, have my family over, go see more friends, have my pubes fried again, better get other beauty treatments done again, gotta go on my 1,500th shopping trip, go on another holiday, go to bootcamp, just need to pop to the shops again, I need to see ma mates, get my nails done, I'm all ready for Christmas, I lied - I need to go out for last minute bits, gotta go to bootcamp, see my mates, I'm going out for dinner again, I just need to nip to the shops and get a bunch of crap for my friends - last minute gifts for Christmas, just need to go meet up with my friends for a few hours. Now I'm all ready for my secret mini break for Fil's birthday and my Christmas party. But you guys stay home, save lives. It will be all over soon, they've just announced a new strain that's rapidly spreading worse than the previous covid strain, that's a good thing right? I dunno I'm so confused. What's a virus? See NO ONE ELSE KNOWS! What does that tell you? You just need to be positive. Just stay home in the grand scheme of things it's not that hard. tit, I need to go out to Asda again. CYA! (PS. save lives!)"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
"It'll all be over quicker if YOU guys stay at home and save lives, I just need to go shopping, get my pubes lasered, get my nails done, get my eyelashes done, get my eyebrows done, get my hair done in London they've just gone into tier 3 but it'll be no biggy - just nipping there and back, gotta go to post office first though, then the tip, and get the tube to the salon, then gotta go to McDonald's on the way back, but I really did go straight there and back, tit - I need to go shopping again, gotta go to bootcamp, gotta meet my friends, go out for dinner, go on another holiday, have my family over, go see more friends, have my pubes fried again, better get other beauty treatments done again, gotta go on my 1,500th shopping trip, go on another holiday, go to bootcamp, just need to pop to the shops again, I need to see ma mates, get my nails done, I'm all ready for Christmas, I lied - I need to go out for last minute bits, gotta go to bootcamp, see my mates, I'm going out for dinner again, I just need to nip to the shops and get a bunch of crap for my friends - last minute gifts for Christmas, just need to go meet up with my friends for a few hours. Now I'm all ready for my secret mini break for Fil's birthday and my Christmas party. But you guys stay home, save lives. It will be all over soon, they've just announced a new strain that's rapidly spreading worse than the previous covid strain, that's a good thing right? I dunno I'm so confused. What's a virus? See NO ONE ELSE KNOWS! What does that tell you? You just need to be positive. Just stay home in the grand scheme of things it's not that hard. tit, I need to go out to Asda again. CYA! (PS. save lives!)"
100% this. I rolled my eyes so bleeping hard at her little speech. I bet she genuinely believes that she's trying really hard and doing everything she can. She has absolutely zero self-awareness.

Reactions: 31
What @Lunamoon22 just wrote almost answers/responds to what I’m about to say.

I feel quite torn about a couple of things - I don’t go out unnecessarily (I am organised with my food shops, don’t go to peoples houses etc) but I still want to support local businesses. Between first and second lockdown I had my lashes done (I had them done regularly pre lockdown but I’ve since stopped) and I have been out and bought coffee from local coffee shops. I have met a friend on a couple of occasions outside with aforementioned coffees. My mental health has been atrocious and I have needed that conversation and element of real life.
I was due to have another tattoo done (which I was really excited about) but have postponed since it just isn’t essential. I have made sure my artist isn’t left short and they have been amazingly understanding. Just because I can, doesn’t mean I did.

Reading here I was starting to feel guilty about those things due to Helen getting bashed for being out but Luna’s post highlights just how ridiculous she has been with it all.

We can do things safely, to have an element of normal life, whilst still preventing the spread of the virus without everyone having to be locked up - however people like Helen are meaning that everyone will eventually have to suffer again. Including peoples lives, mental well-being, jobs and businesses.

I have read that Norfolk and Suffolk will most likely be going into tier 3 or 4 soon. Thanks to you Helen and people like you who are completely selfish, self centred and for some unknown reason think you are above everyone else’s needs and lives.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Where I am in Yorkshire they’re asking anyone who’s been in a tier 4 area to self isolate for 10 days... guessing not the same in Norfolk?

Reactions: 14
Reading here I was starting to feel guilty about those things due to Helen getting bashed for being out but Luna’s post highlights just how ridiculous she has been with it all.

We can do things safely, to have an element of normal life, whilst still preventing the spread of the virus without everyone having to be locked up - however people like Helen are meaning that everyone will eventually have to suffer again. Including peoples lives, mental well-being, jobs and businesses.
I think a lot of people have had a small handful of trips to the shop or whatever that if they really think about it, it wasn’t essential. When my best friends dad died earlier this year we met for coffee in a park. We stayed socially distant the whole time, except when we were saying goodbye I gave her a hug.
I don’t begrudge anyone in situations like that or for mental health, as long as you’re being as careful as you can be. But as you said it’s the collection of things Helen has done that just take the piss. Every time she goes somewhere else I just feel like haven’t you done enough yet??

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Exactly this.

It may seem unfair some of the things we criticise Helen for on here, but it's just because she does so many different things all the time., whilst contradicting herself and saying things like how easy it is to stay home. When you put it into writing like Luna did, it's ridiculous and unnecessary the amount of times she's been out and about. Try not to feel guilty or feel you have to justify yourself, it's guaranteed you're being way more sensible then Helen anyway. We're allowed to do things after all as long as we follow the tier rules, which 99% of the time, Helen hasn't!

I was getting my nails done pre lockdown and have had them done twice since march, I don't have them done atm because of money though. My hobby is also riding horses, which I've continued to do throughout the whole of this year, but my hobby is easily socially distanced (I'm on the horse in a private lesson, and my instructor is in the middle of the arena far away from me), I only go 3 or 4 times a month, it keeps me fit and in the tougher lockdowns we've had where I haven't been able to go, my mental health has taken a massive dip.

But it's people like Helen who will prevent people like us from enjoying any sense of normality we can.

Every time she goes somewhere else I just feel like haven’t you done enough yet??
Yup!!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.