Health Anxiety #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good luck to you all for his tests, hopefully it'll turn out to just be a one off, it definitely can happen! It is a manageable condition if it does turn out to be that and definitely better to know earlier. But fingers crossed it isn't going to come to that at all.
I really hope so. He's going to get a full iron panel. Doc said. Iron fluctuates during the day and as he ate steak kale etc and then had lots of eggs the morning of it's possible it skewed his results. Fingers crossed. Thanks for your words!

Last night I was craving strawberries and couldn’t stop eating them, and today my throat doesn’t feel quite right…not sore but my body’s telling me somethings up 🧐 worried especially now I know my neutrophils were slightly lower than they should have been 😓 my overall white blood cell count was fine, as were all the other white blood cells, but what if I get Ill and it turns into sepsis or something? 😥

I’ve been experiencing quite a bit of breast pain and in my left armpit. It’s like a dull ache and sometimes almost like a shooting pain. I’ve had a feel and can’t find any lumps. I’ve got a doctors appointment but it’s two weeks away. Any suggestions as to what could be causing it?

I’ve been experiencing quite a bit of breast pain and in my left armpit. It’s like a dull ache and sometimes almost like a shooting pain. I’ve had a feel and can’t find any lumps. I’ve got a doctors appointment but it’s two weeks away. Any suggestions as to what could be causing it?
Is it cyclical or near your period? Could be hormonal. Otherwise, I sometimes get pain in my armpit from a blocked pore. Youre doing the right thing getting checked!

Is it cyclical or near your period? Could be hormonal. Otherwise, I sometimes get pain in my armpit from a blocked pore
No I finished my period about a week ago. It’s been on going for months now, I just dunno what it could be. I was referred to the breast clinic but they cancelled my appointment as I was apparently too young for it to be anything sinister.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
No I finished my period about a week ago. It’s been on going for months now, I just dunno what it could be. I was referred to the breast clinic but they cancelled my appointment as I was apparently too young for it to be anything sinister.
Wow that’s not great! I’d be pressing for another appt saying the pain isn’t going away. Not that I think it is anything sinister, but at least if you get checked properly you KNOW there’s nothing there!

It could be mastalgia. I had pain in my breast and the GP diagnosed me with that after examining me. I had never heard of it but it’s nothing to worry about and cleared up on its own. Always get checked though 🙂

I am absolutely spiralling…I’m going on holiday next weekend and I have travel insurance but I haven’t declared that I had thyroid cancer because in theory I shouldn’t have any problems caused by that, but now I’m panicking I’m going to get Ill when away and they’ll refuse to pay out based on the fact I never declared it…I’ve fucked up havent I?? What would you guys have done? I’m panicking because recently I’ve had a few stomach aches, nothing major and they all go away with going to the toilet but I’ve got it into my head its pancreatic cancer because it’s right over my stomach, my upper abdomen. I’ve got visions of getting really bad stomach ache abroad, having to to go to hospital and them telling me it’s cancer but then the insurance won’t cover me because of my history 😪 then I won’t be able to go home or my dad will have to spend his life’s savings getting me home 😥 should I look into another policy to cover myself? I’ve just applied for an EHIC card too

I am absolutely spiralling…I’m going on holiday next weekend and I have travel insurance but I haven’t declared that I had thyroid cancer because in theory I shouldn’t have any problems caused by that, but now I’m panicking I’m going to get Ill when away and they’ll refuse to pay out based on the fact I never declared it…I’ve fucked up havent I?? What would you guys have done? I’m panicking because recently I’ve had a few stomach aches, nothing major and they all go away with going to the toilet but I’ve got it into my head its pancreatic cancer because it’s right over my stomach, my upper abdomen. I’ve got visions of getting really bad stomach ache abroad, having to to go to hospital and them telling me it’s cancer but then the insurance won’t cover me because of my history 😪 then I won’t be able to go home or my dad will have to spend his life’s savings getting me home 😥 should I look into another policy to cover myself? I’ve just applied for an EHIC card too
Personally I'd risk it this time but declare it in future, but that's just me not saying that's right.

Reactions: 1
I’ve just taken out another policy to cover my health conditions, it actually wasnt that expensive. But now have I made things worse for myself basically having two policies with the same company??

I’ve just taken out another policy to cover my health conditions, it actually wasnt that expensive. But now have I made things worse for myself basically having two policies with the same company??
Only financially! I don't see how they could dispute anything. You've declared your medical conditions.

Does anyone ever get a fullness feeling under ur breastbone.. I’ve been having stomach issues heartburn excess wind sulphur burps and now this

I don’t know whether to take time off for work or not. I’ve got bad anxiety and I’m currently in therapy. Im a nurse who works 13 hour shifts with no breaks in the uk. I barely get any support and get blamed for everything even when it isn’t me. Im bullied and I’m sick of being blamed and don’t know whether to go off and get my mental health better or stick it out.

• Heart
I have a mole behind my eye which was discovered last year at an eye test (paid for the OCT scan). It had no suspicious features but was referred to the hospital anyway as they like to keep an eye on them given you can't see them. They said it was fine and would see me again in 6 months. Anyway I didn't think anything much of it since but just got the letter for my follow up appointment and it has totally triggered me, freaking out it will have grown since.

I have a mole behind my eye which was discovered last year at an eye test (paid for the OCT scan). It had no suspicious features but was referred to the hospital anyway as they like to keep an eye on them given you can't see them. They said it was fine and would see me again in 6 months. Anyway I didn't think anything much of it since but just got the letter for my follow up appointment and it has totally triggered me, freaking out it will have grown since.
I have this! I actually had 4 in a small patch behind my eye! I was just told to go back again in a year for another eye test?? Is this something I should worry about? I thought it was fairly common and now I’m panicking 😅

I have this! I actually had 4 in a small patch behind my eye! I was just told to go back again in a year for another eye test?? Is this something I should worry about? I thought it was fairly common and now I’m panicking 😅
No, as long as the optometrist is keeping an eye on it to make sure it doesn't change, that's the main thing.

• Heart
I don’t know whether to take time off for work or not. I’ve got bad anxiety and I’m currently in therapy. Im a nurse who works 13 hour shifts with no breaks in the uk. I barely get any support and get blamed for everything even when it isn’t me. Im bullied and I’m sick of being blamed and don’t know whether to go off and get my mental health better or stick it out.
100% take some time out and focus on your mental health.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.