Health Anxiety #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Try not to panic. Lymph nodes can swell up for so so many reasons! I personally have a few lymph nodes which are very reactive i.e. it doesn't take much to get them to flare up (bad acne has done it in the past!). Its good that you are taking him to see the doctor but I'm sure its all absolutely fine.
Thank you so much for replying, he has always had noticeable ones (probably because he's only little) but it just panics me so much, I feel like I'm going insane sometimes

Thank you so much for replying, he has always had noticeable ones (probably because he's only little) but it just panics me so much, I feel like I'm going insane sometimes
Worth getting checked just for your peace of mind. I also have a few large ones that iv had since I was young
.. just never seem to have gone down. Doctor was constantly telling me it's completely normal. Especially in young children as they catch bugs and infections all the time.

Reactions: 1
Hi all, I have posted this as a thread but I thought this may be quicker (an anxious mess right now trying to calm myself down)

Before I fell pregnant with my third I suffered from severe health anxiety about myself, however once I got pregnant it seemed to vanish, however now I'm nearing the end of my pregnancy (due next week) I'm finding the health anxiety is creeping back in and now it's all about worrying about my little boys health.

I have a 2 year old who always has had prominent lymph nodes in his neck, however more recently I've started to become anxious about them. I'm on Mat leave now but I was working full time so he was in nursery 5 days a week and he was always catching bugs|colds etc. So I just put it down to that. I felt them this morning and he has quite a few on the right side of his neck - he had a slight temp Sat|Sun so it could have just flared up again due to his illness, but I'm panicking it's something sinister.

I've rang the doctors and I'm just waiting for a call back but has anybody experienced the same with persistent lymph nodes in a toddler? My anxiety is sky high. He seems fine in himself, still drinking, eating and running around etc. My partner just doesn't get it and I wasn't really sure where to turn to for advice while I wait for the doctor to ring back.
my son who is 3 recently had a trip to the drs for an ear infection and he started nursery in January, same as your little one with the constant colds etc he was at childminders before Jan so I guessed with nursery having more children there more bugs etc, his lymph nodes have always been more prominent in his right side, I ofcourse googled this and answer is usually cancer/death 🤣 I asked the dr and she said lymph nodes can actually stay prominent even once the cold/virus is gone, they can stay up even through till adulthood, if your little one isn’t showing any serious symptoms and it’s just the lymph nodes I wouldn’t worry, if in doubt get it checked out x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
my son who is 3 recently had a trip to the drs for an ear infection and he started nursery in January, same as your little one with the constant colds etc he was at childminders before Jan so I guessed with nursery having more children there more bugs etc, his lymph nodes have always been more prominent in his right side, I ofcourse googled this and answer is usually cancer/death 🤣 I asked the dr and she said lymph nodes can actually stay prominent even once the cold/virus is gone, they can stay up even through till adulthood, if your little one isn’t showing any serious symptoms and it’s just the lymph nodes I wouldn’t worry, if in doubt get it checked out x
Thank you so much, this is exactly like my little boy! He was running around at the park yesterday and ate a whole tray of chips at his daddy's football match so he's still his usual self :ROFLMAO: thank you x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.