HDE - Hunger directed eating

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is literally all over my instagram feed right now. It seemed to start with theantidietpilot and blow up from there. Any thoughts on it?

Reactions: 3
I’ve read the book and giving it a go I’ve lost 9 pounds on it in 3 weeks. (I’m not massive but just had my second child) I think it does work .. but for how long I’m not sure?

BUUUUUUUUT it’s pissing me off these big accounts are now acting like they invented it spouting about it (whatkateate I’m looking at you) when last week they said only WW or SW was there way of life.
Girl bye.

Reactions: 10
I’ve read the book and giving it a go I’ve lost 9 pounds on it in 3 weeks. (I’m not massive but just had my second child) I think it does work .. but for how long I’m not sure?

BUUUUUUUUT it’s pissing me off these big accounts are now acting like they invented it spouting about it (whatkateate I’m looking at you) when last week they said only WW or SW was there way of life.
Girl bye.
Well done!👏

I think the basis of it makes sense, all of the people who are doing it though are either already slim from doing SW or calorie counting or are overweight and have just started doing it. Theres nobody that has lost a significant amount of weight doing it alone and kept it off.

Reactions: 3
Thank you! I don’t know if it’s like any new thing you start you’re like YEAH IVE GOT THIS IM DOING SO WELL.. and then few weeks in it all goes tits up 😂

I would recommend anyone read it mind if you don’t wanna stuck in the whole diet culture and obsessed worth points/syns/calories!

I am curious to see if it works long term for anyone (myself included) I hope it gets so popular people stop posting their rank slimming world meals :sick::sick:

Reactions: 2
I've been doing it for ages, waaayy before the bandwagon! I love it! Have lost weight and am the happiest in years.

Reactions: 4
If it knocks the likes of SW and WW off their diet culture, toxic perches then HDE is a good thing

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I posted this on a different thread (think it was in relation to itsemmaslife or whatkateate)

I am totally for HDE in the true form it was intended I.e. to reset people’s mindsets and break away from Diet culture etc.

What I do have a problem with is the way all the weight loss accounts have jumped on it and it’s now become a competition of who left the most food on their plate. And people sharing photos of a McDonald’s and saying how proud they are that they don’t feel guilty eating a McDonald’s. Some of the weight loss accounts have simply replaced one form of disordered eating with another rather than addressing their actual relationship with food

Reactions: 13
I got the book for my kindle. I’m on page 49 and have found it so repetitive. There’s a line in it that’s literally duplicated word for word in 2 different chapters.

Keepingkate and itwasalwaysellie should be on commission!! That’s all they post about

Omg yes, itwasalwaysellie (previously aimeeelenascarth) is so annoying posting about it all. the. damn. time 😴

chloejobletsoe had a massive rant about it the other day, then got upset when people didn’t agree with her. She felt that strongly about it she then promptly deleted it when she got flack for it.

Whats with them posting pictures of the food leftover on their plate that they didn't eat, that seems like eating disorder territory to me.

Whats with them posting pictures of the food leftover on their plate that they didn't eat, that seems like eating disorder territory to me.
That’s the new “trend”. The look-how-much-food-I-left-on-my-plate competition 🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
I'm sick of hearing about it and I've actually muted several accounts because of it. I'm hoping they will all get bored soon

Eat when you are hungry and stop when you are full is hardly groundbreaking. Plus, anything that has rules to follow is still a diet. Sorry to break that to you, antidietpilot. Especially as the book has THIN and SKINNY on the front. Of course it's a diet! :rolleyes:

People are losing weight because they are in a calorie deficit. That's how all diets work.

Reactions: 9
I thought HDE wasnt about losing weight, yet all I see is weigh ins and transformation pictures. That and the holier than thou attitude of people (including you, itwasalwaysellie) massively puts me off.

Overall I think it can work but all these ex WW and SW accounts who think they will magically be skinny because of it need to have a reality check.

Itwasalwaysellie is the worst with all the evangelical posts about it.

She posted one the other day which said 'this is the only thing which has consistently helped me lose weight!'

She'd been on it for eight days. EIGHT DAYS! 😂

Reactions: 1
Just reminds me of Hinch and the Minky... the diet book has been out of YEARS and didnt get no play. Now all of a sudden it's all over the place. All because of that antidietpilot. She had loads of followers beforehand and I feel she's just being used to promote the lifestyle/diet/crap!

The commenter has a bloody point. Literally does nothing but bang on about what she eats and how she feels about food! Keeping Kate annoys me, and she also has issues, but at least she admits that!!
I also think that is a very valid comment! She is so annoying!

More posts banging on about how good she feels 🙄 Had all this from Kate. Didn’t last long - just waiting for the crash and fall!

Reactions: 1