Hayfever

Do you suffer with hayfever?

• Yes!! 🤧

• No 😁

Results are only viewable after voting.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
FML … it’s the bane of my life atm. I’m really struggling! I have prescription tablets but they’re not doing much for me this year :(

I’m booked in for the hayfever jab tomorrow morning and even if it helps a little bit, I’ll be grateful!!

Antone else suffer with hayfever? 🌲 🌸 🤧

Reactions: 4
Yessssss badly!! My eyes sting like mad all day then it gradually moves to a headache. And I constantly feel like I need to sneeze 😩 I just take prescription medicine for it. This week my hayfever has been the worst ever

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Yessssss badly!! My eyes sting like mad all day then it gradually moves to a headache. And I constantly feel like I need to sneeze 😩 I just take prescription medicine for it. This week my hayfever has been the worst ever
Mine too. I don’t recall it being bad as it is this year! I’m having the worst time ever rn 🤣 I’m currently taking chlorphenamine but fexofenadine is meant to be good, it’s now available without a prescription so I picked some up yesterday. No difference for me :(

Reactions: 2
I have cronic hayfever.

My main problem is my constant running nose.

The only thing that stops it is using a Hay fever nasal spray, has changed my life

• Heart
I am having a bad time with my hayfever this year / been awake since 4.30ish with a runny nose . Took some tablets and not made any difference. Still sneezy and one nostril is now blocked 🙄. My alarm is set for 6.30am so now I’m just waiting for that to go off ! 💤💤

FML … it’s the bane of my life atm. I’m really struggling! I have prescription tablets but they’re not doing much for me this year :(

I’m booked in for the hayfever jab tomorrow morning and even if it helps a little bit, I’ll be grateful!!

Antone else suffer with hayfever? 🌲 🌸 🤧
Has the jab made any difference ?

Reactions: 1
I am having a bad time with my hayfever this year / been awake since 4.30ish with a runny nose . Took some tablets and not made any difference. Still sneezy and one nostril is now blocked 🙄. My alarm is set for 6.30am so now I’m just waiting for that to go off ! 💤💤

Has the jab made any difference ?
Yes! Huge difference! I’ve not had to take a single antihistamine since having it, I’ve had no hayfever symptoms at all. I really recommend it, it’s honestly changed my life so far. It’s been amazing to live normally on the hotter days!

• Heart
Yes! Huge difference! I’ve not had to take a single antihistamine since having it, I’ve had no hayfever symptoms at all. I really recommend it, it’s honestly changed my life so far. It’s been amazing to live normally on the hotter days!
Worth noting of course the potential side effects, the NHS stopped giving Kenalog injections because they decided that the potential side effects outweighed the benefits. It's personal choice but not one to enter into lightly if it's possible to get by with other medications (and particularly so if you're a grass pollen sufferer as we're coming to the end of the season).

If you suffer with your nose, try a hayfever nasal spray, it really will change your life

I suffer from it , i take fexofenadine on a morning and then the beconase nasal spray which always does the job.
if its a really bad day, il take a acravistine tablet mid afternoon

Wow! This is good news. Really glad it’s worked out for you. 🥳

I suffer from it , i take fexofenadine on a morning and then the beconase nasal spray which always does the job.
if its a really bad day, il take a acravistine tablet mid afternoon
Tempted to try this fexofenadine and see how I get on with it. The loratdine ( I think it’s this) does diddly squat for me so tend to take the other tablet ( can’t recall what it’s called 🤦🏻‍♀️). But this morning that didn’t do much for me either.

Worth noting of course the potential side effects, the NHS stopped giving Kenalog injections because they decided that the potential side effects outweighed the benefits. It's personal choice but not one to enter into lightly if it's possible to get by with other medications (and particularly so if you're a grass pollen sufferer as we're coming to the end of the season).
I think I suffer with long grass pollen as I usually only get symptoms for 2-3 weeks ( tends to be end of June to mid July) and then I am usually ok.

• Heart
Wow - sounds amazing! Would be very tempted to get this.

What are the side effects?

It seems very bad this year.
I take a antihistamines daily, use an eye spray for itchy eyes, hayfever wipes, tried local honey and I still get the snuffles. Seems much worse this year. I may have to go to the Dr to see what else I can do / use / take.

It seems very bad this year.
I take a antihistamines daily, use an eye spray for itchy eyes, hayfever wipes, tried local honey and I still get the snuffles. Seems much worse this year. I may have to go to the Dr to see what else I can do / use / take.
I use an air humidifier in my room at night - it hasn't cured me but it definitely helps!

I’d make sure you look into the hayfever injection side effects before getting it! There’s not very nice ones and they are quite common (I found this out on the hayfever UK Facebook group). Allevia tablet have changed my life.

I’d make sure you look into the hayfever injection side effects before getting it! There’s not very nice ones and they are quite common (I found this out on the hayfever UK Facebook group). Allevia tablet have changed my life.
I will definitely look for Allevia tablets. Thank you!

I've been so unwell the past week wi it. Can't breathe, eyes ready to be clawed out, wheezy. Someone said try to have a spoonful of local honey and that should help so off I go to the local farm shop, fingers crossed

Used to take Piriteze and then the pharmacist of a store which sounds like it sells splendid narcotics recommended their own cetirizine tablets in batches of 30 for under £3 and apart from a couple of bad days where I exceeded the dose, its been great.

I've been so unwell the past week wi it. Can't breathe, eyes ready to be clawed out, wheezy. Someone said try to have a spoonful of local honey and that should help so off I go to the local farm shop, fingers crossed
That won't help, you need actual medication.