Have you or a family member had covid and recovered?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had it round about May time. Left work because I felt like I was starting to get a cough and my chest felt funny. Not sore or tight just funny. Got tested the next day felt fine, got phoned with my results the day after and confirmed I had it. Still felt fine.
Had a wee bit of a cough and as the days went buy felt like I had a fizzy feeling/sound in my chest after I would cough. That was when I was isolating from my partner and baby and I was stuck in bed. After day 8 it went away when I was up and about again. I had a wee bit shortness of breath but nothing major. At times I still feel that or occasionally if I'm lying on my back my chest feels heavy.
My main symptoms were tiredness and horrendous headaches. It hurt to turn my head and my eyes felt constantly strained. I was back at work 2 weeks after I went home.

We had it in March. Myself, my husband and youngest had very mild symptoms (no temp, just a little cough and lost of appetite) my eldest had it bad.. she was ill for 5 weeks (2 of those in hospital) lost a lot of weight and her asthma was out of control until about a month ago.

My tongue is aching and seems to be worse as well as my throat. Very odd.
Back in February I got tonsillitis which I'm really prone to (and was scheduled to have my tonsils removed in March which was cancelled..)

The longest I've ever suffered with it for was a week, 3 weeks later I was still in agony with my tongue, throat and jaw. I could barely open my mouth and had a high temperature.

Doctor laughed at the time when I suggested the virus, but looking back I really do think I could've had it.

My partner was also feeling unwell around this time, not the same symptoms as me but he did have a sore throat, aches and pains and he complained his lungs felt sore.

Two of my cousins in South Africa have it at the moment, they both work in healthcare so it’s to be expected really. They are both young (twenties) and have bad flu symptoms, their GP is calling daily to check in on them.

The middle ITU one gives me hope, my Dad has been in 8 weeks with it. He was moved off ITU last week but deteriorated over the weekend after getting an infection and is back on a ventilator on ITU. They told us Sunday to prepare for the worst but he's still here and fighting 👊
Just to update on this, he's still in hospital (14 weeks today), has had a tracheostomy and likely to be PEG fed in the next few days. Currently his vocal cords are paralysed and there's no guarantee he'll be able to speak, eat or drink again. But he's still here and still fighting so keeping everything crossed he won't be that badly affected 🤞🤞

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Just to update on this, he's still in hospital (14 weeks today), has had a tracheostomy and likely to be PEG fed in the next few days. Currently his vocal cords are paralysed and there's no guarantee he'll be able to speak, eat or drink again. But he's still here and still fighting so keeping everything crossed he won't be that badly affected 🤞🤞
Wishing your dad all for the best for a full recovery, Monkeybum xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2