Have you ever known someone who went missing or was murdered?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was awful. On the day it happened my very sensitive, at the time 13 year old, was meant to be going on a week long school activity trip (all meeting in Keswick for the coach).
All the way there he kept saying I don’t feel good, I don’t want to go, something bad is going to happen. He’d never refused a trip away from us before.
By the time we got to Keswick he was adamant he wasn’t going. I tried to encourage him. I tried to bribe him. We chatted. The teacher tried. And I wondered if maybe he was being bullied and couldn’t say.
So we drove all the way back to where we lived at the time. As we were on our way up the A66 it came in the radio news and he burst out crying (he was / and still is definitely not a cryer). Somehow, he seemed to pick up the bad energy of that day.
Needless to say, we went home and stayed in for the rest of day.
It was shocking and devastating.
Gut instinct is a powerful thing.
I ignored it once - never again - we all have it for a reason.
Well done you for listening to your son.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It was awful. On the day it happened my very sensitive, at the time 13 year old, was meant to be going on a week long school activity trip (all meeting in Keswick for the coach).
All the way there he kept saying I don’t feel good, I don’t want to go, something bad is going to happen. He’d never refused a trip away from us before.
By the time we got to Keswick he was adamant he wasn’t going. I tried to encourage him. I tried to bribe him. We chatted. The teacher tried. And I wondered if maybe he was being bullied and couldn’t say.
So we drove all the way back to where we lived at the time. As we were on our way up the A66 it came in the radio news and he burst out crying (he was / and still is definitely not a cryer). Somehow, he seemed to pick up the bad energy of that day.
Needless to say, we went home and stayed in for the rest of day.
It was shocking and devastating.
it’s like when parents say they could feel something was wrong even before they knew their child had been taken/murdered. i 100% believe that it’s a thing, i know hindsight changes out memory and stuff but as a woman, we all know how our instincts are

• Heart
Reactions: 4