Hattie and Mallory Bourn - The Bourn Sisters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw it Nd immediately thought they’re only there cos it’s a paid ad otherwise she’s never film the shoe shopping lol and I think even the only reason she’d go out to do it is cos I imagine kids feet need shoes trying on to check? Still couldn’t see her in Clarks tho lol maybe Russel and Bromley if they do kids! ( can u tell I’m not a parent lol)

I’m sick of that attitude - that you’re a hater if you call stuff out. And the women supporting women thing I don’t agree with it at all. It’s just a farce and a way of women like influencers being able to gaslight people who constructively criticise. Most of the girls I see saying it are the fake mean girl types lol. Same with the #bekind movement. It’s all performative tit from people who aren’t actually that kind themselves.
I totally agree with you. The ones that do nothing for other females other than their wag clique and then complain when the world isn’t inclusive lol

Probably unpopular opinion: Influencers are the reality of the world we live in. They offer engagement and an easy door into consumers for many brands.

For example Clark’s and Hattie today. Some see Clark’s as a date model, forget about or wouldn’t think to go there. For Clark’s Hattie has a large following of mums (mostly young trendy mums) they all buy Clark’s, others follow suit. Those Stories from Hattie probably get more views and engagement from parents than an add on a bus stop.

Brands paying people to promote their products is where to stay, how many people on this forum would turn down the opportunity to be paid to post something on Instagram? They’ve seen an opportunity to make money and have utilised it.

Same with the dresses, I’ve never heard on that brand prior to that post. Would probably go and look on their website, however if my friend shared a competition I’d probably skip past it. Influencers open doors to new consumers to brands. The average person with 500 followers sharing a comp will not attract/ engage with Hattie and Mallory with thousands of followers.

You can support women without being negative to others. Don’t like it, move on from it. Following them, clicking on their links, viewing their posts only drives their engagement and gives them more opportunities to work with more brands and people. You love the Olympians, go follow, share what they do. Help engage with their brand
Hi wag

I think people need to just chill out abit and just remember if something like freebies is given to people so cheaply, they will likely be taken away just as quickly. Noone’s life is perfect and I feel sorry for anyone trying to look a certain way everyday pretending it is

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Probably unpopular opinion: Influencers are the reality of the world we live in. They offer engagement and an easy door into consumers for many brands.

For example Clark’s and Hattie today. Some see Clark’s as a date model, forget about or wouldn’t think to go there. For Clark’s Hattie has a large following of mums (mostly young trendy mums) they all buy Clark’s, others follow suit. Those Stories from Hattie probably get more views and engagement from parents than an add on a bus stop.

Brands paying people to promote their products is where to stay, how many people on this forum would turn down the opportunity to be paid to post something on Instagram? They’ve seen an opportunity to make money and have utilised it.

Same with the dresses, I’ve never heard on that brand prior to that post. Would probably go and look on their website, however if my friend shared a competition I’d probably skip past it. Influencers open doors to new consumers to brands. The average person with 500 followers sharing a comp will not attract/ engage with Hattie and Mallory with thousands of followers.

You can support women without being negative to others. Don’t like it, move on from it. Following them, clicking on their links, viewing their posts only drives their engagement and gives them more opportunities to work with more brands and people. You love the Olympians, go follow, share what they do. Help engage with their brand
I hope you realise the “why can’t women support other women” argument that people throw when others constructively criticise…. Is just a ruse to deflect accountability. I can never take anyone serious who responds to things like “the influencer culture is toxic” or, “it should be illegal not to declare editing” or “the kardashians should be transparent about surgery” with a “why you hating on other women” argument. sorry, it’s just exactly what our society/the patriarchy WANTS you to think so these practices can continue. It makes me laugh because how can someone be hating on other women by wanting clear distinction for our very young population of girls on what is real and what’s not so they don’t develop eating disorders? Lol

people here are more than aware of WHY brands use influencers and the advertising game, it’s just…. Not right, is it? Lol

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.