Hattie and Mallory Bourn - The Bourn Sisters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mallory has done swipe ups for all the dresses. Hatties dress alone was £475. I can’t imagine that they put their hands in their pockets and paid!
I’ve just seen blythes dress. £150….. I’m sure she will get looooooooooads of wear out of it, because it’s ace to wear to the park and that isn’t it! Especially if she is out eating with the incredible toe eating boy
that could buy a family’s school uniforms for a year,it could feed some kids for the summer holidays.
And whilst it’s not the race to the bottom, ffs have some dignity ladies, tipping a can in the coop food bank once a year doesn’t balance out all that.
They must know that not all their engagement is middle class wags and mummys.

Reactions: 8
i always forget hattie has a dog 🤣 poor thing hardly sees the light of day, where is he when they’re parading up and down mumbles beach every day - behind the camera? family dogtographer???
They have a dog?!

Sorry to be callous too but the state of that net curtain dress Hattie wore

Reactions: 4
Hattie was out shopping for the boys school shoes today.Although he won’t get much use out of them since he’s never there.She’s probably planning her next holiday as a five some 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 9
Sponsored of course, because school shoes are so expensive after a baby shower. I bet they will never be out of school now though so she can do mummy baby dates all day.
And Mallory adding a load of free frocks. How many dresses does a stay at home mother need! She doesn’t work to need to get dressed up.

Reactions: 5
The thing that grinds my gears is anyone highlighting the distasteful things they do is called a hater. Watching the females at the Olympics makes females like these look really bad. They simply don’t have their own lives or identities and are all carbon copies of each other. Middle class wags? What on earth have they achieved in their lives to be called middle class, they’re all school leavers who couldn’t apply themselves to anything other than make up 😭

I’m assuming they’ve ell gone into crisis mode now Kim kardashian who they all seem to have based their life choices on actually is carving out a career as a lawyer, because if we are really honest none of them are natural beauties and clearly from looking at them spend far too much time getting ready to be able to have anything else going on for themselves. Sorry if this sounds harsh but it’s the truth.

Sponsored of course, because school shoes are so expensive after a baby shower. I bet they will never be out of school now though so she can do mummy baby dates all day.
And Mallory adding a load of free frocks. How many dresses does a stay at home mother need! She doesn’t work to need to get dressed up.
I saw it Nd immediately thought they’re only there cos it’s a paid ad otherwise she’s never film the shoe shopping lol and I think even the only reason she’d go out to do it is cos I imagine kids feet need shoes trying on to check? Still couldn’t see her in Clarks tho lol maybe Russel and Bromley if they do kids! ( can u tell I’m not a parent lol)

The thing that grinds my gears is anyone highlighting the distasteful things they do is called a hater. Watching the females at the Olympics makes females like these look really bad. They simply don’t have their own lives or identities and are all carbon copies of each other. Middle class wags? What on earth have they achieved in their lives to be called middle class, they’re all school leavers who couldn’t apply themselves to anything other than make up 😭

I’m assuming they’ve ell gone into crisis mode now Kim kardashian who they all seem to have based their life choices on actually is carving out a career as a lawyer, because if we are really honest none of them are natural beauties and clearly from looking at them spend far too much time getting ready to be able to have anything else going on for themselves. Sorry if this sounds harsh but it’s the truth.
I’m sick of that attitude - that you’re a hater if you call stuff out. And the women supporting women thing I don’t agree with it at all. It’s just a farce and a way of women like influencers being able to gaslight people who constructively criticise. Most of the girls I see saying it are the fake mean girl types lol. Same with the #bekind movement. It’s all performative tit from people who aren’t actually that kind themselves.

Or she’s realised that Vicky P hadn’t gone ‘cutie’ yet and the only people who comment atm are her echo chambers. Why on earth would people comment when she’s had about £600 of freebies over the past week? It’s a two week wage for doing sod all.
And we know a lack of engagement means a lack of freebies…..

show something other than frocks you got for free Mall, and do things like proper reviews of holiday places etc (not just pics of kids jumping in a pool) and people will engage (if you/mockingbird are reading this oc)

Attachments

Probably unpopular opinion: Influencers are the reality of the world we live in. They offer engagement and an easy door into consumers for many brands.

For example Clark’s and Hattie today. Some see Clark’s as a date model, forget about or wouldn’t think to go there. For Clark’s Hattie has a large following of mums (mostly young trendy mums) they all buy Clark’s, others follow suit. Those Stories from Hattie probably get more views and engagement from parents than an add on a bus stop.

Brands paying people to promote their products is where to stay, how many people on this forum would turn down the opportunity to be paid to post something on Instagram? They’ve seen an opportunity to make money and have utilised it.

Same with the dresses, I’ve never heard on that brand prior to that post. Would probably go and look on their website, however if my friend shared a competition I’d probably skip past it. Influencers open doors to new consumers to brands. The average person with 500 followers sharing a comp will not attract/ engage with Hattie and Mallory with thousands of followers.

You can support women without being negative to others. Don’t like it, move on from it. Following them, clicking on their links, viewing their posts only drives their engagement and gives them more opportunities to work with more brands and people. You love the Olympians, go follow, share what they do. Help engage with their brand
The whole premise of this site is to discuss things like this. 🤷🏻‍♀️
And it’s not about supporting/not supporting people it’s discussing irritations. Much like I’d discuss a colleague I didn’t work well with with a friend maybe. And to be fair, if you read the whole thread, most of us have actually said we kind of liked the girls feeds before it became all about what they could get for nothing. But you don’t have to ignore things you don’t like or always do the support thing all the time

and yeah, I get that influencers is the aparent emperors new clothes of advertising. However, traditional outlets were more of a one off basis, you would see a sign and maybe think ohh, i fancy a beer etc. My issue with influencing is that constantness of it, and the whole life approach. It’s not about the Clark’s shoes. It’s the Clark’s shoes being given to a woman with tit loads of money who also had a near on free baby shower with a £500 free dress. After having a shed load of free dresses the previous week.
Psychologically, all this says to some people is that is the whole life I need, not that my kid needs shoes. It’s the designer bags, the restaurants etc. And influencers never discuss or engage with normal things like tv shows,books etc. It’s about ‘things’ and not life.
its a crap form of advertising if I’m honest.
likewise, these people have specially made pr toys etc for the kids. Parents then stress because child a was shown that as a possible gift/treat. They then search out this toy to find that actually no one can buy it unless you are cool enough and popular enough to get one. It’s shite. And if advertisers have thier heads a shake they would realise this.

Reactions: 11
Probably unpopular opinion: Influencers are the reality of the world we live in. They offer engagement and an easy door into consumers for many brands.

For example Clark’s and Hattie today. Some see Clark’s as a date model, forget about or wouldn’t think to go there. For Clark’s Hattie has a large following of mums (mostly young trendy mums) they all buy Clark’s, others follow suit. Those Stories from Hattie probably get more views and engagement from parents than an add on a bus stop.

Brands paying people to promote their products is where to stay, how many people on this forum would turn down the opportunity to be paid to post something on Instagram? They’ve seen an opportunity to make money and have utilised it.

Same with the dresses, I’ve never heard on that brand prior to that post. Would probably go and look on their website, however if my friend shared a competition I’d probably skip past it. Influencers open doors to new consumers to brands. The average person with 500 followers sharing a comp will not attract/ engage with Hattie and Mallory with thousands of followers.

You can support women without being negative to others. Don’t like it, move on from it. Following them, clicking on their links, viewing their posts only drives their engagement and gives them more opportunities to work with more brands and people. You love the Olympians, go follow, share what they do. Help engage with their brand
Completely agree re influencers being the way forward with regards to promoting brands etc.

I think the problem is the engagement. I can’t speak for Mallory as I’ve never asked her a question but on several occasions I have commented on Hattie’s post asking where an item is from and dm’d her with no reply. I appreciate they have a lot of followers and can’t always respond but on top of that is the “mean girl” attitude when they then all comment amongst their friendship group and almost take the piss out of followers who dare to ask where an item is from. Isn’t that the whole point of promoting a brand. Then as a brand is that the kind of person you want as a face of your brand.

If they can fund baby showers and holidays and have beautiful clothes and dresses, school shoes etc off the back of what they do then fair play to them. Im all for empowering and supporting but I just don’t think they come across as the same. Kind is cool! Mean isn’t! You only have to see some of the posts and crappy stories from Hattie. I do still follow as I do really like Hattie’s style and I like that the majority of it is affordable fashion. I just don’t bother to even like her posts any more.

The whole premise of this site is to discuss things like this. 🤷🏻‍♀️
And it’s not about supporting/not supporting people it’s discussing irritations. Much like I’d discuss a colleague I didn’t work well with with a friend maybe. And to be fair, if you read the whole thread, most of us have actually said we kind of liked the girls feeds before it became all about what they could get for nothing. But you don’t have to ignore things you don’t like or always do the support thing all the time

and yeah, I get that influencers is the aparent emperors new clothes of advertising. However, traditional outlets were more of a one off basis, you would see a sign and maybe think ohh, i fancy a beer etc. My issue with influencing is that constantness of it, and the whole life approach. It’s not about the Clark’s shoes. It’s the Clark’s shoes being given to a woman with tit loads of money who also had a near on free baby shower with a £500 free dress. After having a shed load of free dresses the previous week.
Psychologically, all this says to some people is that is the whole life I need, not that my kid needs shoes. It’s the designer bags, the restaurants etc. And influencers never discuss or engage with normal things like tv shows,books etc. It’s about ‘things’ and not life.
its a crap form of advertising if I’m honest.
likewise, these people have specially made pr toys etc for the kids. Parents then stress because child a was shown that as a possible gift/treat. They then search out this toy to find that actually no one can buy it unless you are cool enough and popular enough to get one. It’s shite. And if advertisers have thier heads a shake they would realise this.
Ive read the whole thread and there are some comments that go past a discussion. What I’m saying is by you going on their account, viewing their stories, viewing their posts, clicking their links you add to their analytics that will be shared with people they work with. If you did go on their profile or do that and simple ignored them and engaged with profiles you liked you’d be boosting their engagement. They would effect the algorithm of Instagram and peoples for you pages would change.

Also giving influencers things is just a fact of their job. It’s like celebrities being given clothes for free when they can pay for them. Musicians getting guitars for free etc, it’s something that has always happened it’s just in another form.
Influencers create a ‘way of life’ and they’re all doing it but the consumer market has allowed it. Again their success is dependent on the actions that follow from people following them.

Completely agree re influencers being the way forward with regards to promoting brands etc.

I think the problem is the engagement. I can’t speak for Mallory as I’ve never asked her a question but on several occasions I have commented on Hattie’s post asking where an item is from and dm’d her with no reply. I appreciate they have a lot of followers and can’t always respond but on top of that is the “mean girl” attitude when they then all comment amongst their friendship group and almost take the piss out of followers who dare to ask where an item is from. Isn’t that the whole point of promoting a brand. Then as a brand is that the kind of person you want as a face of your brand.

If they can fund baby showers and holidays and have beautiful clothes and dresses, school shoes etc off the back of what they do then fair play to them. Im all for empowering and supporting but I just don’t think they come across as the same. Kind is cool! Mean isn’t! You only have to see some of the posts and crappy stories from Hattie. I do still follow as I do really like Hattie’s style and I like that the majority of it is affordable fashion. I just don’t bother to even like her posts any more.
Majority of influencers don’t reply where things are from which is annoying but if someone has 200 comments on a post I can see why they don’t respond. Like said before even going on their profile watching their stories provides metrics that they use to work with more brands.

I think a lot of the comments about their responses is perception. For example the one someone posted on here asking if the boys were angels, I didn’t see that in a negative way just her joking that doesn’t everyone think their kids are angels?

The thing with influencers is we don’t actually know them, it seems like we do. Some everything we see is based on assumptions and perceptions. There’s some other influencers I’ve unfollowed as followers have gone to their head and they have actually been rude by outing people on their stories.
At the end of the day it’s personal preference

Surely if you do not like what people have put on this thread, you could also move on from it, skip past and ignore? These things work both ways.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Surely if you do not like what people have put on this thread, you could also move on from it, skip past and ignore? These things work both ways.
this thread doesn’t contribute to them getting ‘free stuff’

If you watch/see/follow/like/comment/visit their profile you contribute to the metrics that are provided to brands to give them those opportunities was my point. These things also drive Instagram algorithms which then drive their accounts to peoples for you page which then again drives up their engagement.

Sorry but that’s a boring debate 🥱

Maybe start a thread about the affect influencers have on the current market or buying trends

Reactions: 3
We understand how influencing works Hun. It just pissed us off, they don't deserve any of it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Ive read the whole thread and there are some comments that go past a discussion. What I’m saying is by you going on their account, viewing their stories, viewing their posts, clicking their links you add to their analytics that will be shared with people they work with. If you did go on their profile or do that and simple ignored them and engaged with profiles you liked you’d be boosting their engagement. They would effect the algorithm of Instagram and peoples for you pages would change.

Also giving influencers things is just a fact of their job. It’s like celebrities being given clothes for free when they can pay for them. Musicians getting guitars for free etc, it’s something that has always happened it’s just in another form.
Influencers create a ‘way of life’ and they’re all doing it but the consumer market has allowed it. Again their success is dependent on the actions that follow from people following them.
Yes I can imagine it’a annoying to have to try and reply to every comment. However there have been posts where the outfit isn’t tagged (I’m not one of those dumbasses that doesn’t check the tags first!) and there are several comments asking where from and no reply.

Agree re following the links and liking posts etc which is why I just don’t do it now. Yes I do watch the stories and if I like something I always try and find via google rather than tap the link. I’ve received replies and even had message threads with influencers with more followers.

Again I agree with you that we don’t know a person and can’t judge purely from their Instagram account. However Hattie just doesn’t come across well at all and it’s the self important you are all peasants vibe that she gives off that I just don’t warm to. Indeed she may not be like this IRL and it’s a shame that that’s how she comes across on Insta. I do still follow as I do like her style and like that the majority of outfits are affordable fashion.

No issue with the freebies and the gifts and the ads. Somtimes I think they can be a bit more transparent with what’s gifted and affiliate links. Perks of the job at the end of the day. Trust me if I could do it I would!!! Do just think she needs to remember it’s her followers that keeps her in the job with all the perks!

Reactions: 2
Yes I can imagine it’a annoying to have to try and reply to every comment. However there have been posts where the outfit isn’t tagged (I’m not one of those dumbasses that doesn’t check the tags first!) and there are several comments asking where from and no reply.

Agree re following the links and liking posts etc which is why I just don’t do it now. Yes I do watch the stories and if I like something I always try and find via google rather than tap the link. I’ve received replies and even had message threads with influencers with more followers.

Again I agree with you that we don’t know a person and can’t judge purely from their Instagram account. However Hattie just doesn’t come across well at all and it’s the self important you are all peasants vibe that she gives off that I just don’t warm to. Indeed she may not be like this IRL and it’s a shame that that’s how she comes across on Insta. I do still follow as I do like her style and like that the majority of outfits are affordable fashion.

No issue with the freebies and the gifts and the ads. Somtimes I think they can be a bit more transparent with what’s gifted and affiliate links. Perks of the job at the end of the day. Trust me if I could do it I would!!! Do just think she needs to remember it’s her followers that keeps her in the job with all the perks!
That’s the thing for me, Hattie does wear some great stuff. But it is the lack of engagement that makes me think why bother?. And actually the lack of engagement about anything other than clothes and bits the lads have done. Surely they do things like watch tv, read, listen to music etc but there’s nothing of that. But then, which was the bug bearer for me, Mallory was begging for engagement on a post of more freebies so she could show us ‘more looks’ I don’t need more pretty women in free frocks. It’s clogging up my insta front page tbh (and even when I tried not watching the girls, up they sodding popped so it counted as engagement anyway!). I want life on there. Talk about issues, about places, something normal.

and yep, again, I know some responsibility goes to brands for all this. I work near a big fast fashion warehouse and know the type of people who work there. They can’t afford the aspirational life style their brand wants to promote and tbh its offensive getting them to be posting out more freebies when the staff are already worked hard for just above minimum wage. It’s not so bad sending orders to people who pay and keep the place open. But it seems to the staff that they are effectively subsidising influencers to get more money, especially when they have a rush on for orders, get breaks but etc because the firm can’t pay overtime to cover it all, but some random is then seen wearing a free dress on a luxury holiday never to be shown again. Or it goes on depop (overpriced) so they make money from it.
take the John Lewis scenario. I’m sure you read peoples comments on here and you must agree, it was crappy of them to send out gift boxes for a picnic worth about £200 that got trashed wjen staff were being made redundant and stores were closing.

but that’s Where I put responsibility on influencers. You don’t HAVE to agree when brand a wants to send a weekly dress or bikini. You can say no. It’s not all on people not to engage, influencers HAVE to take responsibility sometimes.

anywhoo, rant over. I just found it a bit irritating to be told Dont watch it when all these people have to do is buy more fake followers to look good. In the real terms, we don’t matter. And ‘negative’ stuff gets deleted. Wheres as seeinf comments on here (brands and agency do read here I’m told) might actually make them realise it’s not all perfect

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.