Has anyone tried weighted blankets?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone tried one? I’m dying to try one but they’re just so expensive. I have fibromyalgia, insomnia, panic disorder and restless legs and these blankets are supposed to help all of them.

I’ve been reading reviews online and I’d say they’re 80% positive. But I don’t always trust online reviews, so I thought I’d ask here if anybody has had experience with them?

Reactions: 4
I keep hearing about these but had no idea they could help restless legs! I suffer badly with that! Might give this a try.

Reactions: 1
I keep hearing about these but had no idea they could help restless legs! I suffer badly with that! Might give this a try.
Apparently so. I’ve been reading amazon reviews on them all morning and they do seem to be helping a lot of people.

I bought one for my niece before Christmas, I folded it up and put it on my chest and did like the feeling. But mine needs to be like 10 times the weight of her’s.

It’s just so expensive. I’m fed up wasting money on stuff that’s meant to help and doesn’t.

Reactions: 2
They do sound interesting. I keep seeing adverts for them popping up in my Instagram account. Now I will start getting the adverts again! And, there are so many out there, so how to choose?

I'm interested too. I presume they work slightly in the same way as those sort of tight wetsuit things you put on dogs to calm them down during thunderstorms etc?

I'm interested too. I presume they work slightly in the same way as those sort of tight wetsuit things you put on dogs to calm them down during thunderstorms etc?
Thunder shirts. But you don't wet them. They have a swaddling effect. You can make your own thunder shirts for dogs, there are quite a few tutorials out there.

Thunder shirts. But you don't wet them. They have a swaddling effect. You can make your own thunder shirts for dogs, there are quite a few tutorials out there.
Now the weighted blankets ads have started!

My mum has told me about these and told me to get one as she has read a lot of good reviews about them. I am a terrible sleeper, suffer with ME, anxiety, depression and joint pain. So I’m definitely interested in hearing some feedback is anyone has any!! I also don’t want to waste all that money and it be shyte 😶

My mum has told me about these and told me to get one as she has read a lot of good reviews about them. I am a terrible sleeper, suffer with ME, anxiety, depression and joint pain. So I’m definitely interested in hearing some feedback is anyone has any!! I also don’t want to waste all that money and it be shyte 😶
Sorry to jump in. My sister was given an ME diagnosis and suffered with everything you do. She done lots of research after years of suffering and relying more and more on meds. She cut dairy from her diet and no longer suffers with any symptoms or takes any meds? Always worth considering?

I too like the idea of these. I’m a terrible sleeper and heard they help but too scared to take the jump with the cost.

I have one for my son, he has autism. It definitely makes a difference. You need to weigh yourself as I think it's meant to weigh no more than 10% of your body weight. My sons was made specifically for him x

Sorry to jump in. My sister was given an ME diagnosis and suffered with everything you do. She done lots of research after years of suffering and relying more and more on meds. She cut dairy from her diet and no longer suffers with any symptoms or takes any meds? Always worth considering?

I too like the idea of these. I’m a terrible sleeper and heard they help but too scared to take the jump with the cost.
I’ve read research on this too! I’m doing the keto diet to help with another condition I have and I have noticed doing this helps! I’ve been able to come off all my medication since doing it on and off for around 6 months. After years of taking it! Currently suffering with a bad sleep phase at the moment though 😖
It’s a tough diagnosis so I’m sending much love to your sister! (And you if you have to put up with her on a bad day 🤣)

I got bought one for Xmas. It’s amazing for anxiety and just standard bad moods. I had a childish tantrum the other day and my partner (in a non patronising way) wrapped me up in my blanket and it was as if all was well with the world immediately!

They are bloody expensive though. You can make your own, maybe look on YouTube? My mum works with kids with emotional difficulties and recommends parents try a home made one before shelling out the money as they don’t work for everyone

Reactions: 3
I find that a really lovely velvety soft fleece blanket makes me comfortable. I put it up round my face too. Have bought quite a few over the years from both Aldi and Lidl.

Yes. I have one as I suffer really badly with anxiety. It makes such a difference. I dont sleep under mine as I do get hot but I use mine when I get in from work and think of it as a bit of a decompression chamber. I sit on the sofa with it over me for half an hour and it makes such a difference. Bought mine on Amazon about 18 months ago and would deffo recommend them.

Apparently so. I’ve been reading amazon reviews on them all morning and they do seem to be helping a lot of people.

I bought one for my niece before Christmas, I folded it up and put it on my chest and did like the feeling. But mine needs to be like 10 times the weight of her’s.

It’s just so expensive. I’m fed up wasting money on stuff that’s meant to help and doesn’t.
Be wary of Amazon reviews as a lot of them are gifted it for free in exchange for a 5 star review! You will see 'verified purchase' but that's because the reviewer is sent a gift voucher or paid via paypal to buy the item.

I find that a really lovely velvety soft fleece blanket makes me comfortable. I put it up round my face too. Have bought quite a few over the years from both Aldi and Lidl.
I've found this helps as well.

• Wow
Yes. I have one as I suffer really badly with anxiety. It makes such a difference. I dont sleep under mine as I do get hot but I use mine when I get in from work and think of it as a bit of a decompression chamber. I sit on the sofa with it over me for half an hour and it makes such a difference. Bought mine on Amazon about 18 months ago and would deffo recommend them.
I get very panicky when things are too close to me or when I feel like I’m being suppressed; do you think it would make me feel like that?

I get very panicky when things are too close to me or when I feel like I’m being suppressed; do you think it would make me feel like that?
No I don’t think so. You could just have it over your legs and still feel the benefit. I can’t really describe it bits not heavy in a way, because it’s sand it sort of moulds to you and you can still move about / cross your legs for instance.

• Heart
John Lewis sell these. Could always get one and return if it’s not for you. They have several different weights too.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

I bought this one for my daughter last week. She's 15 and very stressed at school and isn't sleeping well. She suggested it but I had already read about them.

It looks better than the picture, looks like a nice quality quilt, no evidence that it is weighted by looking at it. I tried it, it's a strange sensation but I understand why people say it's like a hug. This one has a broad weight range of a person between 45 and 75kg, it weighs 7.5kg, I'm not sure if you paid more, say for one from John Lewis, whether you get a more specific weight range (if that makes sense). They say you should go for a blanket approx 10% of your weight.

I'd say for the price, it's decent.

Yes they totally do that. My kind friend bought me one for my daughter who is slow to settle at night. BUT after attempting various uses we gave up on it as frankly unpleasant and donated to Oxfam today. Feel guilty tho!