Has anyone has a tummy tuck?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've lost 5 stone over 2 years, did it gradually and slowly and am happy with the weight I am now. I'm BMI 28 so over the normal range, but I don't pay much attention to that. I feel that at age 45 I am at a maintainable weight. I have a massive apron of skin though and have booked a consultation for a tummy tuck. Just wondering if any others have had this done?

Reactions: 1
I've lost 5 stone over 2 years, did it gradually and slowly and am happy with the weight I am now. I'm BMI 28 so over the normal range, but I don't pay much attention to that. I feel that at age 45 I am at a maintainable weight. I have a massive apron of skin though and have booked a consultation for a tummy tuck. Just wondering if any others have had this done?
Yes I had one about 13 years ago in Greece after I was left with a overhanging belly after one caesarian and 2 big babies (I actually went on to have 2 more children afterwards but thankfully my belly didn't get overstretched again!)
It did what is was supposed to in that it tidied me up and gave me a flat stomach but be aware that the scars of the operation stay with you and in my case didn't really fade much!
I am sure you're aware of this but looking back I was a bit naive and just wanted to get rid of overstretched skin! I didn't consider how it would look like afterwards! (Silly me)
So if it's possible to get liposuction or even a mini tummy tuck I would go with that?
Also I felt confident that I was in safe hands and the operation was a success and apart from a sense of feeling groggy for a week and having to change dressings be careful with the wound etc etc (all pretty standard stuff) there is always a small risk in going under anaesthetic.
If your stomach really gets you down and is impacting your confidence or MH i would say go for it.
Hopefully if you do have it your body doesn't overreact (keloid scarring) like my did
Everyone is different?