Has anyone gotten pregnant quite quickly after coming off the pill??

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you for starting this thread! I’m in a complete contraception predicament! I’m 32 and I’ve been on the same pill for 12 years - Desogestrel - so I have had no periods since the age of 20! My weight and health has gone up and down over the past 10 years due to two bouts of an eating disorder. I never knew whether my periods stopped during my illness as i didn’t have them in first place! I’ve been fit and at a healthy weight for 4 years now. My partner and I were going to start trying for a baby this year after our holiday to Florida in April however coronavirus happened and we didn’t get to go so my partner decided to propose instead! We now have our holiday rescheduled to 2021 and our wedding is 2022 so we feel we ought to wait until after we are married to try now. I know we are lucky with things to look forward to and it sounds silly but I’m so worried I’ll be past the age of relatively stress free conception. My partner is 8 years younger than me but I’m so worried it’ll be a struggle especially as I caused damage to my body in the past. Is anyone else in this position?! Thanks all - sorry for the wordy post! x
I’m not in your situation but congratulations on your engagement! I got married last year and I can honestly say it was stressful. We planned ours over 3 years but I couldn’t imagine trying to plan a wedding with a baby in toe but I do understand where you are coming from with regards to your age. Once I hit 27/28 I kind of felt the pressure to start a family. All my family where having babies at the time as well and although we both love kids and did want to have them I decided not to come off my pill until after the wedding mostly because I’d already picked out my dress and loved it and didn’t want to possibly be heavily pregnant on my wedding day just me personally though. Once the wedding was done with I kept going back and forth about whether to come off it or not as we did initially want to buy a house first before kids but I thought it would take at least a year or so for the pill to be completely out of my system so guessed it would probably take a while before I’d fall pregnant but apparently maybe not 😂😂 x

I came off microgynon in July last year and was pregnant by the end of September sk it can definitely happen!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Been on pill for about 15 years for period reasons used consistently until last year had a month off at Christmas then started again I missed 2 days in March and now 16 weeks pregnant ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I feel like I need to start learning my cycle and things like that too, I have no idea about when you’re most fertile, when you should be trying in your cycle etc... never given it much thought before but obviously now it’s important!

Reactions: 1
I’ve been wondering about this for a while. I’m currently on microgynon and have been for about 9 years. I started taking it not only for protection but also to regulate my periods which have always been heavy and stressful with bad stomach cramps etc.

Myself and my partner are talking about trying for a baby later this year but stopping the pill and going back to the sort of periods I was having before really worries me.

I have a few friends who have accidentally got pregnant because of missed pills. This might sound really stupid but part of me was toying with the idea of continuing to take it but missing a few here and there... feel free to tell me if this is a bad idea or if there are risks, it’s just the idea of periods like I used to have makes me question coming off the pill at all!
I mean... I really don't know if it's the best idea tbh. I got pregnant by accident this way. Best accident ever, but I'm not sure if there are risks associated with stopping and starting it. Could there be a chance that your periods might be better now?

I feel like I need to start learning my cycle and things like that too, I have no idea about when you’re most fertile, when you should be trying in your cycle etc... never given it much thought before but obviously now it’s important!
I use apps for this. I have several so I can get a average as most apps are a few day’s different 👀
Ovia, Flo, clue and cycles are what I use. I find ovia the most informative.
theyre all free too 😊

Reactions: 3
I never used to track mine either but the last year or so I’ve been using an app called clue. It’s not 100% accurate but it gives a good estimate and it’s good to at least have a rough idea beforehand I hadn’t a clue either. I just knew my period came once a month and that was about it couldn’t tell you when I was most fertile or anything. You just type in each day your symptoms etc if you’ve cramping, headaches or anything and the more info you type in each day the more it can work out your cycle pattern, honestly would really recommend giving it a go and it’s free to download as well ☺

I mean... I really don't know if it's the best idea tbh. I got pregnant by accident this way. Best accident ever, but I'm not sure if there are risks associated with stopping and starting it. Could there be a chance that your periods might be better now?
Yeah I did think that too. I guess there is a chance they could be better but also either way I may just have to suck it up while I’m trying!

I never used to track mine either but the last year or so I’ve been using an app called clue. It’s not 100% accurate but it gives a good estimate and it’s good to at least have a rough idea beforehand I hadn’t a clue either. I just knew my period came once a month and that was about it couldn’t tell you when I was most fertile or anything. You just type in each day your symptoms etc if you’ve cramping, headaches or anything and the more info you type in each day the more it can work out your cycle pattern, honestly would really re
Yeah I did think that too. I guess there is a chance they could be better but also either way I may just have to suck it up while I’m trying!
You could get pregnant really quick so may not have to experience them for very long! 🤞🤞

Do you ever notice a clear mucus? That's when you're ovulating. Obviously if you have a 28 day cycle then you will ovulate half way through but be fertile between days 11 - 16 probably. But if you don't have a regular cycle it's harder to work out when you ovulate. I was like this so used to go by the mucus.

Did anyone have days they 100% thought they where pregnant and then days they think they aren’t or aren’t sure? I feel like I’ve now convinced myself that I am so much that if I take a test next week and it’s negative I’m going to be so disappointed. I’ve been trying to just be neutral on both sides so I won’t end up possibly disappointed but it’s hard

Did anyone have days they 100% thought they where pregnant and then days they think they aren’t or aren’t sure? I feel like I’ve now convinced myself that I am so much that if I take a test next week and it’s negative I’m going to be so disappointed. I’ve been trying to just be neutral on both sides so I won’t end up possibly disappointed but it’s hard
I did last month. I had every single symptom going. Negative. I was gutted. I’m trying not to symptom spot now but it’s so hard.

• Sad
Off topic but how long did it take for periods to come back after stopping pill?? I was on millinette for about 8 years and stopped in january, had withdrawal bleed but nothing since. Gp says wait 8 months.. any advice? Thanks

Did anyone have days they 100% thought they where pregnant and then days they think they aren’t or aren’t sure? I feel like I’ve now convinced myself that I am so much that take a test next week and it’s negative I’m going to be so disappointed.
Off topic but how long did it take for periods to come back after stopping pill?? I was on millinette for about 8 years and stopped in january, had withdrawal bleed but nothing since. Gp says wait 8 months.. any advice? Thanks
I had a withdrawal bleed about 3/4 weeks after I came off mine which isn’t a proper period apparently but then from the following month onwards I had a regular period same time every month and has been like clockwork ever since. I was told if there’s no period by 3 months to go to the doctor

I did last month. I had every single symptom going. Negative. I was gutted. I’m trying not to symptom spot now but it’s so hard
It is hard not to. It’s too early in for me to take a test and my period isn’t due for another 2 weeks so just kind of a waiting which is annoying. My husband has told me just to put it out of my head and forget about it until I take a test but it’s easier said than done. I’ve been trying to just stay neutral and as we hadn’t planned to her pregnant yet you’d maybe think I’d be glad not to be but honestly think I’ll be disappointed if it turns out I’m not. It’s so hard to tell at the minute either way as well as majority of the symptoms I’ve had could also just be my period on it’s way so it’s hard to know. The only reason I’ve though I am symptom wise is because I’ve had cramping every day and lower back pain. I don’t usually get back pain as a period symptom and I wouldn’t usually cramp as much as I have been would usually not start cramping until the week/few days beforehand. I’m also really bloated at the minute and I usually do bloat before my period but it’s usually the week a few days before as well usually wouldn’t be weeks beforehand. I’m trying not to get my hopes up now in case

Last edited:
I stopped taking microgynon last December, had a withdrawal bleed and then didn’t get a period until last month. I went to my GP back in March and she wasn’t concerned and asked me to go back in a couple of months if still nothing, but thankfully didn’t need to. I was told a blood test would be the first thing to do. I wouldn’t worry, easier said than done I know as I was 😅 but I think everyone’s body reacts differently, some get theirs back straight away and others wait months. Get back in touch with your GP though if you are worried though, as even that worry could be delaying it

I stopped taking microgynon last December, had a withdrawal bleed and then didn’t get a period until last month. I went to my GP back in March and she wasn’t concerned and asked me to go back in a couple of months if still nothing, but thankfully didn’t need to. I was told a blood test would be the first thing to do. I wouldn’t worry, easier said than done I know as I was 😅 but I think everyone’s body reacts differently, some get theirs back straight away and others wait months. Get back in touch with your GP though if you are worried though, as even that worry could be delaying it
Thank you I will wait a bit longer I think

I was on microgynon for about 6 years, came off and started them straight away but they weren’t regular at all for about a year. By the time they had got back into a pattern I had given up and gone back on the pill! I think 8 months is normal, it’s just your hormones readjusting - even though I was bleeding I probably wasn’t actually ovulating for a few months.

So I took an early detection test on Monday and it was negative but then had some spotting yesterday and decided to do another this morning and it’s positive! Gonna do a few more over the next few days to be sure

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I had my coil removed. Thinking it would take over a year to get pregnant and body adjust. I fell pregnant straight away.