Has anyone been offered the Covid vaccine due to being “obese”?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m classed as clinically obese and had covid at the start of January. I’m 30 and I don’t have any underlying health conditions and had no issues with breathing during the time I was unwell, it was just like a bad flu with loss of taste and smell.

I think there’s too much scaremongering going on but I hope I get the vaccine soon so I can feel more comfortable when I go out.
It's based on statistics. Just because you got through with no problems doesn't mean everyone who is obese will do.

Age is the highest risk factor followed by obesity. It's people with a BMI of over 40 who are classed as vulnerable for vaccination.

Reactions: 1
It's based on statistics. Just because you got through with no problems doesn't mean everyone who is obese will do.

Age is the highest risk factor followed by obesity. It's people with a BMI of over 40 who are classed as vulnerable for vaccination.
I’m well aware it’s based on statistics. I’m just saying a lot of it is scaremongering. You don’t see people like me being reported on the news as being high risk and surviving, you only hear about the deaths.

As someone who has worked on Covid ICU, I would say that obesity is most definitely a huge risk. I would say it was the most common contributing factor to serious illness and/or death. I think it’s absolutely reasonable that they are classed as high risk.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Further to post #4, just to let you all know, I got a text last Monday, the day category 6 was opened up, and had my first dose of the AZ jab on Sunday. Felt pretty horrific for a couple of days and it also seems to have caused a flare up of a horrid MS symptom called Trigeminal Neuralgia, which for me presents itself like someone stabbing a red hot poker in my ear every few minutes, but I am definitely feeling more human today and the TN has also eased a lot too 👍🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I hope this is the correct thread to post in but I’m 23, I have no underlying health conditions but my GP rang today to tell me I’ve been invited for my first dose of the vaccine. The only reason I can think of is that as a baby I had a “hole in my heart” (unsure of the medical term), it healed up as a young child but whenever the flu vaccine is offered up I receive a letter before my brother, who is 22 and has asthma (not severe). Will this be why? Is it an error?

I hope this is the correct thread to post in but I’m 23, I have no underlying health conditions but my GP rang today to tell me I’ve been invited for my first dose of the vaccine. The only reason I can think of is that as a baby I had a “hole in my heart” (unsure of the medical term), it healed up as a young child but whenever the flu vaccine is offered up I receive a letter before my brother, who is 22 and has asthma (not severe). Will this be why? Is it an error?
Sounds like your GP believes you are in group 6. If in doubt give your practice a call and ask them why. If you don't feel like you really need it now you could ask to wait but do be careful to not be taken off the list. It is much safer to have it.
I got moved up from group 6 to the shielding list last week. I have type 1 diabetes and a heart condition and am only 31 so I had my jab 2 days later. If you have the Oxford jab you will feel a bit rubbish the next day but a day later back to normal. You obviously are on the flu jab list which shows you have a long term underlying health condition still in the eyes of the NHS.

I've had MS for twenty years and have heard absolutely nothing. And we're not classed as "clinically extremely vulnerable" either despite MS being an auto immune illness where any kind of infection, even a simple cold, can cause major issues - just "clinically vunerable". This report is also very concerning. It's a major neurological illness in the UK so I'm perplexed as to why the duck are we being ignored?

Oh yeah, I'm fat too because I am disabled!
I have MS too. You should be able to have it! I had mine today

Moderate asthmatics have been dropped from any form of priority, despite getting the flu jab.

My friend has MS and was made to shield as well and had her vaccine over a month ago.
It depends what meds you’re on and how ‘progressive’ your MS is according to my nurse. That was the official line from the experts back in March last year when we went into the first lockdown

It depends what meds you’re on and how ‘progressive’ your MS is according to my nurse. That was the official line from the experts back in March last year when we went into the first lockdown
My friend was saying hers was caught really early and so in fact the risk is really low and not progressed at all. It is such a strange system. I mean I probably only got my jab 2 or 3 days earlier than if I had stayed in group 6!

I'm not on a DMD and my MS would probably be classed as benign now to be honest, although I do struggle with residual damage from when it was active.

I still shielded anyway!

I'm a fatty with underlying health conditions and I'm a carer, I'm getting my first vaccine on Monday.

My friend was saying hers was caught really early and so in fact the risk is really low and not progressed at all. It is such a strange system. I mean I probably only got my jab 2 or 3 days earlier than if I had stayed in group 6!
I’m the same. I was diagnosed 11 years ago and I’ve not progressed thanks to the meds I’m on. Im glad your friend hasn’t progressed either x

See post #24 - I had my first dose on Sunday.

How are you feeling?
I’m not too bad. It’s made me feel a bit off and my arm is really sore but that’s all. What about you? Did you have any side effects? Would you say your MS is stable then? Such a complicated disease it really is!

I’m the same. I was diagnosed 11 years ago and I’ve not progressed thanks to the meds I’m on. Im glad your friend hasn’t progressed either x

I’m not too bad. It’s made me feel a bit off and my arm is really sore but that’s all. What about you? Did you have any side effects? Would you say your MS is stable then? Such a complicated disease it really is!
Yeah, I felt horrific for a couple of days plus an old symptom (Trigeminal Neuralgia) flared up but I feel more myself today. My MS is clinically inactive with very little progression hence when I'm not longer on a DMD. I was diagnosed in 2001. Fatigue is my worst symptom - it's chronic and unrelenting.

Yeah, I felt horrific for a couple of days plus an old symptom (Trigeminal Neuralgia) flared up but I feel more myself today. My MS is clinically inactive with very little progression hence when I'm not longer on a DMD. I was diagnosed in 2001. Fatigue is my worst symptom - it's chronic and unrelenting.
No one understands how debilitating fatigue is do they? They think you’re just ‘tired’ 🙄 sorry to hear you felt so bad after you vaccine

I’m classed as clinically obese and had covid at the start of January. I’m 30 and I don’t have any underlying health conditions and had no issues with breathing during the time I was unwell, it was just like a bad flu with loss of taste and smell.

I think there’s too much scaremongering going on but I hope I get the vaccine soon so I can feel more comfortable when I go out.
I received my letter today to get the first dose 😊