Harry & Meghan #7 The Markle Debacle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have to admit, I cried at W&K's wedding when Kate got out of the limo and waved to the crowd when she arrived and I just thought, 'Bless you, you're not just marrying him, you're marrying the whole damn country.' Didn't feel the same about M&H's.
I was fully prepared to enjoy H and M's wedding but I invited my mother round to watch it with me. Shes been suspicious of Meghan since day one and cant stand her so consequently she bitched the whole way through and kinda ruined it for me.

On a side note shes pleased I've come over to the dark side now 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Taken from Meghan's blog the Tig. Here she talks about her father in 2014. Does anyone know how their relationship fully detoriated? Meghan always seems to speak like it happened years and years ago, from her childhood but she speaks so fondly of him here.
Christ alive!! What a turnaround to what’s happening today. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I was fully prepared to enjoy H and M's wedding but I invited my mother round to watch it with me. Shes been suspicious of Meghan since day one and cant stand her so consequently she bitched the whole way through and kinda ruined it for me.

On a side note shes pleased I've come over to the dark side now 🤣
Always listen to your mother. 🙂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Just scouting through the TV listings for my crime programmes this week 😂 when I spotted.....

Thomas Markle: My Story

9pm on C5. 90 minutes long.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
As an American, Meghan would still have to go through the normal immigration process. There's no exceptions for Americans. Even Harry would have to go through it as it is only the queen who can move to Canada freely. The law changed a few years ago. Harry will likely have to go through the immigration process too. Cansdian news was talking about it. They are likely on a 6 month visitor visa right now if they're even here. I am not sure how they'll do it... Canadian news was saying Harry wouldn't qualify for even a work visa as he has no formal university education.
And he’s never gonna work. That won’t help.

Reactions: 8
Diana's children were away at boarding schools up until her death so it was easier not to rely on Nannies but she sacked the Nanny they had when they were young as she was jealous they were getting too attached to her!

I think she did try to ruin the Royal family. Her Panorama interview caused quite a stir.

I don't agree with putting Diana on a pedestal. She had many faults.
The boys had one nanny, Olga Powell, for a long time. She wasn't sacked. Diana kept her after the divorce. They also had Barbara Barnes pre Olga Powell who brought Olga in to help as they knew each other. Apparently there were two other nannies at one time pre Olga. Olga was more like a granny to them as she was in her fifties when she started nannying with them. William attended her funeral in 2012. I went to a party in the late Eighties and the woman who had the party had a sister who was a nanny to the Princes. I did not know her name. She was youngish so I don't think
Her sister was Olga, quite possibly she was Barbara Barnes or ne of the other two I just read about. No gossip was forthcoming. It was the guy who took me to the party who told me her sister was the nanny. I remember that the food at the summer party was amazing and included a delicious pavlova.

Reactions: 7
I listened to Harry’s speech last night. I was pretty tired but I really struggled to follow it! I understood he had a go at the media but otherwise I was a bit lost. It didn’t seem well structured. The bit where he said he still loves Meagan bit strange although I assume it was directed at the divorce rumors.

He’s very self indulgent, Diana’s second son got married, hurrah! A royal wedding is always nice but I doubt people as invested in him as he thinks. Plus is he not also Charles’ second son?!

Reactions: 12
I listened to Harry’s speech last night. I was pretty tired but I really struggled to follow it! I understood he had a go at the media but otherwise I was a bit lost. It didn’t seem well structured. The bit where he said he still loves Meagan bit strange although I assume it was directed at the divorce rumors.

He’s very self indulgent, Diana’s second son got married, hurrah! A royal wedding is always nice but I doubt people as invested in him as he thinks. Plus is he not also Charles’ second son?!
That second son thing sounded very American.

Reactions: 7
The boys had one nanny, Olga Powell, for a long time. She wasn't sacked. Diana kept her after the divorce. They also had Barbara Barnes pre Olga Powell who brought Olga in to help as they knew each other. Apparently there were two other nannies at one time pre Olga. Olga was more like a granny to them as she was in her fifties when she started nannying with them. William attended her funeral in 2012. I went to a party in the late Eighties and the woman who had the party had a sister who was a nanny to the Princes. I did not know her name. She was youngish so I don't think
Her sister was Olga, quite possibly she was one of the other two. No gossip was forthcoming. It was the guy who took me to the party who told me her sister was the nanny. I remember that the food at the summer party was amazing and included a delicious pavlova.
They also had a nanny called tiggy who they loved, she is one of the kids godmother!

Reactions: 5
Taken from Meghan's blog the Tig. Here she talks about her father in 2014. Does anyone know how their relationship fully detoriated? Meghan always seems to speak like it happened years and years ago, from her childhood but she speaks so fondly of him here.
I think he was ghosted around the time she met Harry. Meghan posted the Instagram, post in the link in 2016. Harry never met him. So sad. https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrit...eleted-instagram-reveals-love-for-dad-thomas/

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Meghan immediately took a dislike to being a royal as she was basically being told you have to give up your own voice and opinions and work for the country. You are too no personal credit for any of the work you do because it is in fact your job and if required the queen will will acknowledge in the various speeches she makes. You have to bow down to your superiors (I bet she hated that) when in their company in public. She met Harry fell in love and thought what most girls want to happen.( I'm going to be a princess) she never thought for one second she was going to have to graft,take no credit for it and be subjected to public scrutiny. She may have been given hard time by the press but I honestly don't think it was much more than any other royal as. Alot of her"negative" press I actually thought was non news like the avocado thing. I mean who actually thought that was worth printing. Ok? She maybe shouldnt be flying these things in from foreign countries when Waitrose sell them, but I really just think the paper had nothing else to talk about so spun something out. She really needs a to think now, as both her and Harry are pretty much on their own and he has never had money worries (so to speak) personally I'd be shitting it if my husband at his age was only learning to become financially independent. You'd have to watch him like a hawk and at things like no Harry we can't afford the Cristal anymore etc 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 10
They also had a nanny called tiggy who they loved, she is one of the kids godmother!
She was the one Charles appointed after the divorce. They still had Olga with Diana. Apparently Diana was jealous of her.

Reactions: 4
I think he was ghosted around the time she met Harry. Meghan posted the Instagram, post in the link in 2016. Harry never met him. So sad. https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrit...eleted-instagram-reveals-love-for-dad-thomas/
It's sad really, they had ups and downs but her father is also not young anymore, he's 75 years old and with his health issues, I really ought to think Meghan should put feelings aside and just think about him for once. She's taken Archie from his father's family just like she estranged herself from hers.

All Meghan's life she's distanced herself from her father and his family and her former friends once they've served no purpose to her. If that's not suspicious then I don't know what it is.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Ingrid Seward Editor of Majesty magazine said that Meghan hasn't had it as bad as other royals in terms of press intrusion (for want of a better word) She said the paps would walk backwards in front of Diana whilst shouting abuse at her, in order to get her to change her facial expression for a better 'shot'

Reactions: 13
Ingrid Seward Editor of Majesty magazine said that Meghan hasn't had it as bad as other royals in terms of press intrusion (for want of a better word) She said the paps would walk backwards in front of Diana whilst shouting abuse at her, in order to get her to change her facial expression for a better 'shot'
I remember lots of shots and footage of her running away outside the gym she used to go to almost every day at Chelsea Harbour. She did often call them though.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.