Harry & Meghan #7 The Markle Debacle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sophie is so sweet & Edward I hope they get more of the spotlight as they have never caused any bother to the family!

Reactions: 12
I know theres one video of H&M at the Lion King prem, making a pitch.. but this angle is a new one to me (sorry if already posted/seen)
What a cheek... "thats why we're here, to pitch"

Reactions: 4
On an unrelated note; did anyone watch both William's wedding day and Harry's? I did and I found I was enjoying Wills and I'm not sure why. His was also way way longer in coverage and as a young teen I'm ashamed to say I watched it all from start to finish lmao. Harry's seemed very orchestrated like there was no love between the two. It's the very day Megs knew she trapped him.
I wonder how true it is that they didn’t even know half the celebrity guests they invited. Anyway, you’re right, it did feel very orchestrated.

Reactions: 6
Reactions: 7

Here we go! I had a feeling that they would be told to change the name. Imagine all the wasted baseball caps in a warehouse somewhere! It’ll be like when Kim K changed the name from Kimono... 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
99AE7E93-C992-4F38-8B5B-798AE03F5C75.png

That expression from Harry!! 😂 this is the first time I’ve seen him be relatable for ages. Looking at Boris like he’s a tit. Which he is.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I don't understand why some people compare Meghan's behaviour to Diana's, because both of them weren't fans of the Royal Family.

Diana was a lovely woman who took care of her kids up and till her death and made sure she didn't rely on nannies. She gave her kids the most independent life possible and now one of her sons is about to become future King after his father, the other having left his Royal position.

Yes Diana did things that wouldn't fit with the Royal image and wasn't always a saint but she didn't try to ruin the Royal family in such a way that Meghan has. Diana really left a legacy that MM wanted to emulate but has failed miserably. MM also left behind her baby son many times and is trying to take Harry away from everyone he loves.
Diana's children were away at boarding schools up until her death so it was easier not to rely on Nannies but she sacked the Nanny they had when they were young as she was jealous they were getting too attached to her!

I think she did try to ruin the Royal family. Her Panorama interview caused quite a stir.

I don't agree with putting Diana on a pedestal. She had many faults.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Is Boris saying 'When you getting on the plane Hazza?' Nyeowwwww..... Before zooming avound the room arms outstretched

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Diana's children were away at boarding schools up until her death so it was easier not to rely on Nannies but she sacked the Nanny they had when they were young as she was jealous they were getting too attached to her!

I think she did try to ruin the Royal family. Her Panorama interview caused quite a stir.

I don't agree with putting Diana on a pedestal. She had many faults.
I didn't say she didn't have faults but whilst Diana did have affairs like Charles and get wrecked by the press, her legacy is much stronger than Meghan's will be. Sure Meghan will be historically known as being the first biracial woman to marry in the RF but she's also known for bringing its downfall and affected Harry's relationships with so many people like his charities. Diana was young and naive when she got married and had her kids, Meghan came with so much baggage that no one quite believed in the beginning.

Reactions: 6
As an American, Meghan would still have to go through the normal immigration process. There's no exceptions for Americans. Even Harry would have to go through it as it is only the queen who can move to Canada freely. The law changed a few years ago. Harry will likely have to go through the immigration process too. Cansdian news was talking about it. They are likely on a 6 month visitor visa right now if they're even here. I am not sure how they'll do it... Canadian news was saying Harry wouldn't qualify for even a work visa as he has no formal university education.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Have to admit, I cried at W&K's wedding when Kate got out of the limo and waved to the crowd when she arrived and I just thought, 'Bless you, you're not just marrying him, you're marrying the whole damn country.' Didn't feel the same about M&H's.

Reactions: 33
I remember going home that night and telling my dad what happened, recounting how my teacher said to just “choose one” - that despite my being biracial, that I should simply choose one box and be done with it. And in one of those parenting moments that no guidebook could ever prep you for, my dad said words that will stay with me forever: “Draw your own box.”

This is the same man who took apart two Barbie boxed sets (because you could only buy a white Barbie or a black one), and made a custom one to bring home to me - his speciality set included a black Barbie mom, a white Ken doll dad, and two kids - one black and one white. I picture him standing there in Toys R Us, moms glaring at him for taking the toys apart, perhaps and employee saying “excuse me sir, you can’t do that” - as my dad carefully separated the boxed sets to make one that echoed my reality. One that showed me that I should (and could) make my own box.

In celebrating Father’s Day, I think of so many moments with my dad. Our club sandwich & fruit smoothie tradition post my tap & ballet class - classes, which by the way, he religiously took me to on Saturday mornings after working 75+ hours a week as a lighting director. The fishing trips along the Kern River and Big Bear Lake to catch catfish or trout and cook it up for dinner, and the commitment he made to lighting my high school musicals so that they felt as grand as a Broadway show. The blood, sweat and tears this man (who came from so little in a small town of Pennsylvania, where Christmas stockings were filled with oranges, and dinners were potatoes and spam) invested in my future so that I could grow up to have so much.

He helped me turn my bathroom into a darkroom when I was twelve because I wanted to be a photographer - shading my windows in red lighting gels and filling my cabinets with extra jugs of fixer. He put gas in my car when I went from audition trying to make it as an actress. He is the person who believed in this grand dream of mine well before I could even see it as a possibility. He taught me to write thank you notes, to always arrive early, to drink Arnold Palmers, to find my light when I’m on camera…and beyond.

And that, right there, is the point: my dad taught me to find my light. And he taught me to always make my own box.

To my dad - my thoughtful, inspiring, hardworking Daddy - Happy Father’s Day. ‘If I had all the water in the world, I’d give all the water to you…’ (You won’t get that quote, but he will. And for Father’s Day, that’s all that matters).”
Taken from Meghan's blog the Tig. Here she talks about her father in 2014. Does anyone know how their relationship fully detoriated? Meghan always seems to speak like it happened years and years ago, from her childhood but she speaks so fondly of him here.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.