Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

rainyfaces

Chatty Member
Some hard cold facts

- very few people publically show footage of their children (did the Obamas? The Beckhams? The Clooneys?); yet the first time they do, oh yes of course, it's to SELL the footage as part of a package for millions for the tv rights, not just a nice 'here you go, here's our son, isn't he gorgeous'
- how anyone can freaking do this to their 94 year old grandparent likely losing her spouse is evil, no other word for it
- if M had joined any other family, been married for 18 months eg like the Beckhams or Kardashians, then kept doing tell alls, press, interviews, books, on the experience not only would that family be extremely hurt and feel betrayed and mistrustful, it would be seen as dripping trashiness - it is really like Katie Price/the Kardashians
- the fact Oprah was there duing the thrashing out of the deal (and Harry was so vocal about positions in press) goes to show they are trying to make out how horrid and nasty the RF are, filming/discussing this in a recording, wow, H&M are deadly serious about hurting and betraying the Palace and their family; let's put this into context of any family member doing this to another family member - the royal bits are a job, the personal bits are family
- royalty being a job, has roles and expectations and a reputation - we can't say what we like or think on behalf of our employers, we can't work on a sainsburys checkout and yell about transgender rights at work, as a medic, I can't react the way I always want to, because I want people to feel safe with me, trust doctors, and I know I can say how I feel at home, or safely within the context of any meetings I have with my supervisors and managers
- Meghan should have known she cannot use the RF to amplify her voice, because the RF is not there for her voice, it is there to be a preserved institution that across the world has been violently replaced in republics - people do not like hereditary power, and she is an example of how this kind of status given to individuals, when individuals have their own agenda, is dangerous. She is confusing an elected position for a hereditary position
- I respect the fact that she wants to campaign on what matters to her (if it truly does and isn't part of her narcissistic mask...let's face it she isn't charitable at home), but then that needs to be done in a way that doesn't fall afoul of political leanings - both Charles, William, Kate call for the environment, for children, for drug addiction, mental health, without making it about them, or screaming how good and philanthropic they are
- I genuinely think on every occasion, given a platform, Meghan talks about herself (whether she is ok, what they've gone through, how the media have treated them...she is unable to talk at all without referencing herself at some point in the narrative), let's be clear, this woman wants a voice...to talk about herself, not her charitable causes, not people suffering through a pandemic, not people dying in the line of duty, but how hard done by she is.
- she just cannot handle being told no
- I think this is despicable, cold, calculated, manipulative, and engineered to create as much pain, shock, and therefore money, as possible.

This really is one of the cruellest things I have witnessed a grandchild doing to their grandmother. He has taken the money, palaces, private education, army opportunities, cars, polo ponies, and holidays...then when things started to be given boundaries, he went to the banks, the private jets, the celeb friends, the mansions (all still funded by Charles or someone else), now Netflix, Spotify, Oprah....and wants to tell the world about how mean Granny and her protectorate is. I used to blame Meghan for more, but these guys are perfect together.

Sorry for the dissertation!! Thinking of the Queen, PP, and anyone else recently bereaved or undergoing family in hospital.

• Heart
Reactions: 79

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
From the Duchess Diaries on Quora:

Deceitful Markle didn’t fool the Palace

When they decided to run to Canada, to flee the awful conditions of Royal life, where they were forced to live as paupers without any privileges, Ms Markle told Harry not to inform the Queen of their proposed escape. Her Majesty first learned of the news when somebody told her it had been announced on Twitter!

From that day on, the actress was viewed with suspicion. It was more or less over for her. The Royals pulled together, while Meghan started pulling Harry away from them in her quest to disrespect the Family that had welcomed her. As Harry told the world when they married, “Meghan now has the family she never had.” How shallow are those words today?

Since the beginning of January, Harry has been speaking to the Queen regularly. It was clear to the Queen’s advisors that Meghan was in the background, pushing and prodding him. Because of the words and phrases he used, suspicions were raised. People were saying, “This isn’t Harry speaking.”

The Queen has always said they must be in or out, there is no half-way house. Meghan would not accept this. She persuaded Harry that there was another way of securing his military roles and patronages while they could also pursue a lucrative, celebrity lifestyle in California. Harry did as he was told, and tried to convince the Queen she was being inflexible.

Palace officials noticed an increase in the number of Harry’s phone calls, and there was an urgency in his manner to get a deal agreed before the March deadline. It is said that when the news broke that Markle had arranged to do a tell-all TV interview with Oprah Winfrey, where Harry would play a minor part, all became clear to the Palace.

Just like fleeing to Canada without first discussing this with the Queen, they decided to keep the Oprah interview from the Queen until Meghan had secured the deal she was working towards.

We are being told that The Queen discussed with Philip the best course of action they should take.

The Royal Household – as they always do – started working out how they could release a joint announcement to the public that was amicable to both sides. This would have been given to the duo before being made public.

The Queen, in the Palace announcement said, “In stepping away from the work of the Royal Family it is not possible to continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service.”

Meghan went wild when she saw this. She instructed her PR people to release a counter statement as soon as the Palace made it public. Just four minutes after it appeared in the news, Markle spitefully hit back with, “We can all live a life of service. Service is Universal.”
There was no need for this. It was disrespectful to an elderly monarch who fully understands the meaning of Service.

But it is even worse that Harry went along with it. He is aware that his grandfather, just weeks away from his 100th birthday, is ill in hospital. These cutting words about ‘Service’ which were nastily written with the aim of putting his wife in her place, would have hurt him deeply. He could never have thought that the last few years of their life would be blighted in such a way. Does Harry care about Prince Philip’s health? It doesn’t look so.

Not one member of the Royal Family believes they have heard the last of Meghan Markle. We know that the Queen, with Prince Edward and Sophie will be watching the Oprah interview. They enjoy their ‘TV times’ together.

I’d put money on other Royals, the Palace advisers, Royal Household staff and the Queen’s PR people watching it too. We are getting closer to the Markle Debacle coming to an end. The Oprah tell-all could be the last nail in her coffin.

• Heart
Reactions: 73

spangly

VIP Member
This is my experience when my Dad died 4 weeks ago - he was in a non covid area of ICU - he had tested negative twice for covid whilst he was there. We were contacted and told to come to the hospital straight away - Me, my Mum and Brother all from different households but we were all allowed in with him at once for his last moments. We had to wear PPE.
His funeral is on Monday - we are only allowed 12 people to attend as the church is quite small and we all have to wear masks through the service and at the burial.
There were no other visitors at the hospital - it was only allowed for end of life.

I really dislike the snarkiness of the slimy scabies but now I actually detest him! If PP really is at the end of his life, how on earth could you question his Son visiting him to say his last goodbyes, Scabies is the lowest of the low!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 72

JudithKrantz

Haha it's been years in the making joining and observing this thread! I have so many thoughts 🤣 psychiatry isn't my specialty. Although six months of acute psych were my first jobs after graduating, and the personality disorders were far more pervasive and difficult than psychosis and schizophrenia. My best friend is a psychiatrist though, and a genius, he has no time at all for MM, they all think she has strong narcissistic traits (it only becomes a disorder in technical terms when you can't function in everyday life). But most telling for any of these personality traits and disorders is when you delve back into the relationships with people close to them. If you cannot maintain people close to you for any length of time, there is something fundamentally difficult about the person. The writing is on the wall. Anyone can be anything via statements they release and TV appearances - they forget MM is an actress on top of those things. She is being paid well for these different roles she is performing. Before long, her business ventures will go the same way as the other things in her life - netflix are there to get their pound of flesh.

I recalled two further incidents today that I would count as evidence towards warning us of her nature. One, in an old interview from her Suits days, she said she was most like her character, because of her ambition. That is an unusual thing for a woman to say as her primary character trait, but MM was clearly very proud of it. (I'm not saying this is right or wrong - ambition in a man is often applauded). But it was different enough it made me narrow my eyes (in the context of what she has now become).

the second was an incident on how she got her dog, Bogart. Not only did she email the dog shelter to enquire about the dog (for which there was competition in adopting), she copied in multiple friends, (who copies their friends into an email to an animal shelter about a dog you're adopting?! It's like the handwriting - showmanship) and indicated she really ought to get the dog because she is in Suits.

She is certainly not above using a position to get something she wants, and she also has a sense of specialness and entitlement, what's more, she wants more.

although she would claim the opposite, I seem certain traits in MM that are very similar to personality traits in Trump. The grandiosity, the decision that everything is fake news and the media are out to get her, the constant fallout of people once in favour, the aspirations to luxury and special treatment, the absolute inability to tolerate criticism or disagreement.

She's a very transparent phenotype, she declares what her motivations are right for others to see, and has no insight into the fact this is not how everyone thinks.
I always find it ridiculous when “ambition” is held up as a desirable character trait for anyone, male or female. The word alone doesn’t mean a damn thing. “Ambition”....to do what?

Ambitious to work hard, achieve in your career, buy a home & a Ferrari? Great.

Ambitious to find a rich, famous British man to hang off because your job as a minor character on a minor cable show failed to provide the fame you felt you were entitled to? Not great.

The thing with Meghan is that she’s a bona fide narcissist. That word is flung around with gay abandon these days, usually wrongly because it’s quite rare, especially in women, but with her, it’s justified. The way we can tell is that she has no actual personality, she has a narrative instead...and the way she shares that narrative is with boasts and stories about herself. But the narrative isn’t real and she accidentally reveals that over and over again.

Look at how she boasted for years about her “rescue pups”. She could never mention them without that smug little virtue-signalling intro...”my rescue pups”. The narrative was that she adored dogs & was a committed, responsible owner (one of the few reasons I could have found to like in her as I love dogs too) but then she simply dumped one of them. He wasn’t old or sick, she just didn’t want him any more. No genuine dog lover would abandon their pet. Never, never, never.

And how about....”I don’t want to be defined by my relationship”? Laudable, I’m sure. Except it was a quote from an article that a) she was only invited to do because of who her boyfriend was and b) was entitled “Mad About Harry”. She then had a £35m wedding specifically to define her relationship as the new wife of a member of the BRF and now she’s hanging on for dear life to a title she only has courtesy of her husband and is using it to make money. This stupid cow ONLY wants to be defined by her relationship...but at the same time doesn’t want to drop the “feminist” arc in her narrative even though it’s entirely incompatible with the life she’s leading.

”Oh...women should be linked not ranked! I love that!” says the Duchess of Sussex. Duke & Duchess are RANKS, you moron.

God, I can’t stand her. I really, really can’t 😡😡😡😡

• Heart
Reactions: 67

ProfessorColdheart

Laughing at M thinking this Oprah interview is the loudest way to get her voice back. You haven't lost your voice love , you just have fuck all of interest to say.
Otherwise the Netflix docs would be flying out, there'd be more podcasts and everyone would be listening.
Also you used your voice when you sent out that message to the Queen telling her you think you know better about service.
On that rare occasion when you did have something to say, no one liked what they heard.
I wish they would stop and think about what they are doing. It's so embarrassing to watch....

• Heart
Reactions: 65

Libertine1975

VIP Member
UTIs can really affect older people. It's possible the hospital decided PP didn't have the mental capacity due to the UTI to make a decision about his care. I presume that the RG will all have LPAs in place so that other family members can make these decisions.

With regards and H and M my thoughts on them are:
I wasn't sure if she was black or white when I first saw her (she is very pale skinned)
I never warmed to M but she didn't overly bother me. I thought her family situation was weird and could see it causing issues down the line.
In my opinion M has treated her father like shit. He made a stupid mistake with the staged photos but he wasn't selling all her secrets before the wedding. She was apparently always close with him and he was her way into her career. One mistake shouldn't lead to her treatment of him (not calling after his heart attack etc).
I think when she married H people were willing to give them both a chance and they reviewed very good press coverage.
I found her constant photos of her holding her baby bump really weird (I know women do touch and hold them but she seemed obsessive).
I don't think M particularly had much bad press until she clearly pissrd someone off and the stories of her alleged behaviour were leaked to the press.
M seems to have a complete lack of understanding about what being part of the RF meant ad what she could and couldn't do. I don't think she realised that the RF are supposed to be politically neutral which was always going to put her into conflict with courtiers.
H and W's relationship deteriorated when she came onto the scene, I don't think W telling H not to rush into anything was because he didn't like M but more wanting H to ensure that M knew what she was letting herself in for (he dated C for 10 years before they got married, he is clearly cautious especially after their parents divorce)
The baby shower was obscene for a royal. I get its an American thing but it shouldn't have been so extravagant. It was always going to play out badly in the press which M and H would have known if they had experienced courtiers on their staff.
The preaching about climate change and then taking private jets everywhere takes the biscuit.
The fact that M only gave herself 18 months in the job speaks volumes and made basic mistakes despite apparently studying protocol and carrying around protocol books with her (if the stories are to be believed).
I don't see how M can claim she wasn't welcomed into the family when protocol was broken for her the Christmas before the wedding and the fact she was even allowed to marry H when she was divorced. She had engagements with the Queen and they seemed to get on.
I understand why H and M would want privacy but they didn't need to run to America to get it. As others have pointed out Zara and the princesses can live normal lives and not be bothered by the press. Even Kate doesn't get papped when out doing a food shop or on the school run. Yes W and H and their families will get more press coverage than the rest of the Royals but W is the heir and both W and H are, I think, particularly loved by the UK public due to Diana.
It's hypocritical that H and M went to the US for privacy to then be cashing in on their titles and connections to the RF. This is the ONLY reason we know who H is and M wasn't a particularly famous actress. A few people I know did watch Suits but it wasn't a mainstream show in the US. If you want privacy you don't do a podcast and tell all interview with Oprah.
The statement released this week was rude. Whether it was meant that way is open for debate but it can accross as petulant and dismissive.
I feel incredibly sorry for the Queen as she did seem to have a really special relationship with H which I think has been changed forever. I can't imagine that PP is too happy with him either, regardless of what he has said in the past he has always supported the Queen and carried out the role expected of him.
I don't think H and M will last, I think eventually she will get bored of him. Sadly I think overtime H will realise all that he has lost. The Queen and PP aren't going to be around for much longer. My grandfather died 16 years ago and I still feel guilty that I wasn't able to see him before he died (he lived 300 miles away and died suddenly).

I think the whole situation is very sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 65

ResidentMerkin

VIP Member

This bitch hasn't shut up!! Girl your voice is loud enough shut the fuck up!!
Why is her voice so important? Why do we need to hear it? Why is she a vixtim not having HER voice heard? My voice isn't heard either ... except by my kids and fellow Tattlers. Does that make me a victim? Nope.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64

catp

Awwh she was probably conscious of lockdown hair and not getting to the hairdressers for a cut and colour, poor thing. I think she has done amazingly well to show us all her newborn and it is a joyous photo - I truly hope she doesn't regret anything about it, ever. Jack looks like he is going to burst with pride and happiness. It's lovely.

I think she’ll come to regret that headband.

• Heart
Reactions: 64

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Sarah Vine wrote a good piece in the Daily Fail this weekend ... here's a little bit:

"But what makes the whole thing even more galling is that the very institution Harry and Meghan so clearly despise, the very principles that they have so summarily rejected, is the only reason anyone gives two hoots about them in the first place. Were it not for his Royal birthright, Harry would be lucky to hold down a job as a second-rate estate agent in Fulham. In those circumstances, would Meghan have even taken a second look at him?

Everything they have – from the fawning acolytes to the lucrative contracts with Netflix and Spotify – they owe to their association with the Royal Family and the Queen."

• Heart
Reactions: 63

Wightgirl

VIP Member
The problem with Smeg and aitch is that they don’t have any talents. They can’t ‘do’ anything. They have no great achievements. They want to be paid just for being them, a bit like the Towie lot.

• Haha
Reactions: 61

pellegrino

Chatty Member
I'm so that that I'm too old to understand twitter, I would really like to rip Omid Scabiesplaticatiaras fucking nuts off right about now. Despicable little choad!
I'm blocked from Twitter now because I called Scobie a shit stirring twat. I'll be allowed back if I delete the offensive tweet. looks like I've left Twitter!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61

No Drama Llama

Why is it that every other member of the royal family manage to go about their daily life with the least amount of fuss and yet Harry and Meghan can't seem to - William and Kate (the future king and queen) seem to be able to have privacy when they want, Kate is often seen in the local Sainsburys but not harassed by anyone and the other royals have full time jobs and manage to go to them every day without it being front page news and yet Meghan makes out she's too famous to even take Archie to nursery and all this constant need for privacy is just a joke. If they just shut up about it, stopped suing every Tom, Dick and Harry and just got on with their lives like the rest of the family, they'd be absolutely fine and could have the private life they proclaim they want - it's only them that's stopping them have it by the constant need to keep themselves relevant and in the press. Talk about having delusions of grandeur - I'm sure if the future king and queen can manage to live a normal life apart from when they're on duty, the spare and a virtually unknown actress could manage it if they tried.

• Heart
Reactions: 60

rainyfaces

Chatty Member
The problem is, without context, people are right to criticise the visit as thousands of families have been in the same situation but not allowed. So Piers really could have used his platform to explain why it wasn't against the rules, and what this visit heavily implies
Thing is, on the other side of this (as a medic), you often get the family in to talk to them face to face (even in covid, recently) to have a discussion about what's going on. Unfortunately too, these things aren't black and white, you can be ill, but happy and in good spirits, and take a turn overnight. Things can change hour to hour, minute to minute, so continual press updates aren't even that possible, or appropriate, before the rest of the family have been told the details of the medical update. Yes they're public figures but they're a family too, I would hope that when one of them is grievously ill, the family would be given the space and privacy to digest that, without everyone needing to know the latest detail - giving them 24-48 hours to absorb, plan, and out a brave face on it is important. It might even be a decision about the direction of travel/whether an operation appropriate/ceilings of care - but the DoE not in imminent within-the-hour danger. I'm sure we will find out in fullness of time, but this is about them, their family, and not about the press. A day or two delay when we know we will find out what is happening one way or another, is hardly necessary.

not disputing the optics and the fact families have had dreadful dreadful experience during this pandemic, but sometimes you just don't know what the situation is likely to be in a few hours, and you'd look a dunce making national statements. PP has served us much of his life, we don't need his deathbed details, and he is now retired. We owe him peace now.

• Heart

Glaschelle

VIP Member
The thing about this interview is thats its their one shot at glory!!! They talk to Oprah, tell how nobody cared about them, she was persecuted by the British press and they had to leave to protect Archie - queue shots of a child - and then give some lectures about how people should live their lives.

Thats it shows over. Nobody is gonna pay for this story again.

Then what!!! How do they keep making themselves relevant? They're going to struggle big time.

Add in the current situation with Prince Phillip. If he dies before the interview is aired, what do they do - delay it? Cut it ribbons?

Either way, I think this is the second time the harkles are a victims of bad timing. Last year they flounce out of the royal family and covid hits and the entire world shuts down. This year they're all set up for auntie Oprah and Prince Phillip takes a turn for the worse.

Ginge and cringe - take the hint - this is God's way of telling you to shut up!!!

• Heart
  • Haha

NutMegandCinnamong

Oh wow, I won the thread title? 😅 Thanks, everyone! And sorry it was so hard to copy!

August Philip looks both cute AND a genuine newborn. No secrecy there. They look like a proper normal little family, and I wish them the absolute best. ♥

I hope the DoE pulls through, but the signs are not looking good. As I said before, if he turns out to be really ill, or even passes away, and they still go ahead with this interview, it will cement them as the biggest pair of heartless wankers who ever did live and breathe.

• Heart
  • Wow