Harry & Meghan #5 Duke and Duchess of Hazard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New title thanks to @antisocialmedia

(we won’t take your title back if you marry a yank, fake a pregnancy and then dump us.
you get to keep it! But we would kick you out of the cottage)

continue here!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Remember when Megxit said in an interview- think was after they announced their engagement - that she was going to hit the ground running with regard to Charity work etc. That whole interview after their engagement was 🤢at the time and looks even more ludicrous now. When talking about how they met, She said she was most interested in whether or not Hazza was *kind*🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16
All his life Harry knew he would never be king and that he will be sidelined. Also the photo of the line of succession has been taken every year and never featured anybody but the Queen, Charles, William and then also George.

So this whole idea of them being pushed out it absolute bullshit. Harry knew where his place was. I think what Megain did was play into his insecurities and promised him more wealth, fame etc by going it alone. And tbf that is certainly possible

Reactions: 27
It’s not letting me link or cut and paste. But there was a very interesting article on cbc.ca about legal implications and what they can and can’t expect moving to Canada. Apparently Canada is different than Australia and NZ in that only the reigning monarch has constitutional rights in Canada. Meaning Harry would have to immigrate and apply for visa (Meghan may already have working visa due to her time working on Suits)...Also that the Queen could appoint him Governor General of Canada (please no) but would she? Interesting read....
AE0A11D8-DF6E-4D91-84B4-858B708664B7.jpeg

Reactions: 7
All his life Harry knew he would never be king and that he will be sidelined. Also the photo of the line of succession has been taken every year and never featured anybody but the Queen, Charles, William and then also George.

So this whole idea of them being pushed out it absolute bullshit. Harry knew where his place was. I think what Megain did was play into his insecurities and promised him more wealth, fame etc by going it alone. And tbf that is certainly possible
I got the impression that Harry struggled with his place. He’s been over taken by the Cambridge children & I don’t think he would be happy about that with or without Megan.

If he’d married Chelsea maybe he’d have gone to Africa & been happy enough, but I do think he’d mind Megan or no Megan. I think he needs the attention.

Reactions: 4
The GGs have always been Canadian and they need to be fluent in French.

Reactions: 3
How can they go between after telling us all to cut our carbon footprint or whatever. Surely living in Canada and doing engagements here is going to have a hefty footprint.
Ah yes but there’s always carbon offsetting!! Which from what I’ve read is total BS.

Reactions: 11
Crazy that if they had only managed the announcement and their transition in a more managed way they probably could have got so much more support- like ‘we want to extend visibility and activities of the RF into commonwealth areas whilst we will still promote UK businesss blah blah’.
But all they wanted to go on about was how it would work for them, for their finances, and for their privacy. They really missed a trick and messed this up. Just shows how they are wasting precious millions on their PR company. They should have just asked any old Brit in the street what to do!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The GGs have always been Canadian and they need to be fluent in French.
The Queen appoints the position with consult with the prime minister. Traditionally the role alternated between anglophone and francophone representatives, but most recently have been bilingual, but not required to be so.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.