Harry & Meghan #255 Fook Yu.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
.....and an old magazine cover with Meghan's favourite movies......

time magazine october 2021.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 97
Never expected her to embark on a career as a film critic.

Wonder what she'd make of the negative stereotypes of sharks portrayed in Jaws. The fact it was a Great White shark reinforces the trope of dominance and oppression associated with whiteness. But, I once went to a shark restaurant and some of my best friends are sharks.

New game, anyone? One line film reviews as written by Megs.
Megs review of the film Suffragette, the story of women’s fight for equal rights and to have a voice.
”I fundamentally disagree with this film. Women don‘t need to find a voice, they have a voice, and they need to feel empowered to use it and people need to be encouraged to listen”

• Haha
Reactions: 48
for me, Swedish pronunciation trumps everything. Gothenburg is Yote'bory, Jonkoping is Yonsho-oeping, and i once almost lost my train from Malmo (pronounced Maal-moeo) because they kept announcing it for Shoepenholm. That's Copenhagen.

i apologise for any Swedes here, i'm just describing the disconnect i feel when coming from a language that uses phonetic transliteration or pronunciation, i mean we read as it's written.
I’m learning Swedish at present and it’s bizarre but wonderful.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Not reviews but Film titles:

Pulp Fiction - Hazza's memoirs.

The Prince & the showgirl.

The Sixth Sense - about a manchild who sees dead Dianas everywhere

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Megs review of the film Suffragette, the story of women’s fight for equal rights and to have a voice.
”I fundamentally disagree with this film. Women don‘t need to find a voice, they have a voice, and they need to feel empowered to use it and people need to be encouraged to listen”

I have found my voice and I am using it to say....

Meghan
Stop
Talking.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
I’m learning Swedish at present and it’s bizarre but wonderful.
i love it! was flirting with it on duolingo some time ago when i was going there regularly for work, and once you start getting used to the way letters should be pronounced, it makes sense. but the first time, i felt every kind of confused.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Even in the unlikely event that Netflix allows them to edit their films, the Battle has been lost as the world now knows they were slagging off the RF and probably even the Queen.

Reactions: 51
Oh my God - genius!😂 Especially his backcombing techniques🤣🤣

That was done last October.
Heh heh heh. Still relevant. Gah! They do nothing new, do they?!

I know all my doodles are in the wiki but if anyone would like me to post all of the jokey Time covers I've done, like this post and if enough like it, I will post them.

• Heart
Reactions: 90
A fred and a half late to the game, but here we go, a sweet nod to Tom Bower’s Chapter 8 about, well, her Malta trip (sorry I did not make this up, ah, this is a real story… allegedly).

Smeg understands what it's like to be from Malta since she went (as a foodie/beauty and fashion expert and an advocate to wellness of course 🤣🤣🤣) to a free trip thanks to Elle magazine to search her mixed-race roots dichotomy...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
for me, Swedish pronunciation trumps everything. Gothenburg is Yote'bory, Jonkoping is Yonsho-oeping, and i once almost lost my train from Malmo (pronounced Maal-moeo) because they kept announcing it for Shoepenholm. That's Copenhagen.

i apologise for any Swedes here, i'm just describing the disconnect i feel when coming from a language that uses phonetic transliteration or pronunciation, i mean we read as it's written.
East of England has some corkers - anyone not local fancy a go at Happisburgh?
I was bemused when I visited!!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
The Hunt for Red October

Sean Connery and Alec Baldwin, stirring submarine drama in which Red Dresses are the codewords for nuclear armageddon...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.