Harry & Meghan #255 Fook Yu.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fellow Lanarkshirian/Glaswegian transplanted to Edinburgh: "Edin-burra" is what I say too. My cosmopolitan folks say: "Edin-burr".
just to add into the mix, I was born a Brandane and my wee home toon will always be close to my heart ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Never expected her to embark on a career as a film critic.

Wonder what she'd make of the negative stereotypes of sharks portrayed in Jaws. The fact it was a Great White shark reinforces the trope of dominance and oppression associated with whiteness. But, I once went to a shark restaurant and some of my best friends are sharks.

New game, anyone? One line film reviews as written by Megs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 89

Wonder what she'd make of the negative stereotypes of sharks portrayed in Jaws. The fact it was a Great White shark reinforces the trope of dominance and oppression associated with whiteness. But, I once went to a shark restaurant and some of my best friends are sharks.

She needs to review " Carry On Up The Khyber" 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Fellow Lanarkshirian/Glaswegian transplanted to Edinburgh: "Edin-burra" is what I say too. My cosmopolitan folks say: "Edin-burr".
When I "correct" my fellow Merkins, I adopt the Fat Bastard accent and say "EdinbRRRRRRRR" rolling the living tit out of my Rs. I make sure they understand that I am the LAST person to listen to on the correct pronunciation and that I am being jokey :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
When I "correct" my fellow Merkins, I adopt the Fat Bastard accent and say "EdinbRRRRRRRR" rolling the living tit out of my Rs. I make sure they understand that I am the LAST person to listen to on the correct pronunciation and that I am being jokey :)
Edinbruh.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
And this is one of the reasons out of a million that I absolutely loathe Smegma. She never actually does anything worthwhile. Never really gets her hands dirty. Never on the ground with the people, meeting them, listening to them and their experiences, certainly not since she left the RF. All she wants to do is make speeches and talk absolute shite. Spout crap like ”shine a light”, ”compassion in action” “empower” ”breakdown stereotypes“ but she doesn’t actually do anything to achieve anything for anyone other than herself. Makes speeches so the spotlight is on her and fannies about on a few podcasts when she more or less ignores the guest she has on to talk more about… you guessed it…HER! She could not give a stuff about anyone else And while our RF are out and about meeting real people that’s not for Smegs. She wouldn’t give those people a whiff of her fart.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 91

Blood Diamonds are Forever.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 95
And this is one of the reasons out of a million that I absolutely loathe Smegma. She never actually does anything worthwhile. Never really gets her hands dirty. Never on the ground with the people, meeting them, listening to them and their experiences, certainly not since she left the RF. All she wants to do is make speeches and talk absolute shite. Spout crap like ”shine a light”, ”compassion in action” “empower” ”breakdown stereotypes“ but she doesn’t actually do anything to achieve anything for anyone other than herself. Makes speeches so the spotlight is on her and fannies about on a few podcasts when she more or less ignores the guest she has on to talk more about… you guessed it…HER! She could not give a stuff about anyone else And while our RF are out and about meeting real people that’s not for Smegs. She wouldn’t give those people a whiff of her fart.
Omg this is so right

She could have been such an asset to the RF They did all they could to welcome her, even KC giving her away. They provided her with extra help for the transition into Royal life. She threw it back in their faces
It's amazing that someone with so much at her feet could throw it all away for a rental in Cali where she spouts rubbish and sees her invisible children ...well I'm not sure when....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64

"Silence of the Lambs" - negative stereotypes of cannibals and serial killers. He was prevented from finding his voice. or as Oprah would say

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
Just to throw my 2 cents in on mispronounced names like Edinburgh Tijuana is often mispronounced as “tiAjuana” there is no a in it , San Luis Obispo I have heard it mispronounced a lot as “San Looey Obispo” and the town of Lompoc ( which is pronounced Lom poke) as Lom pock. Actually made it easy to tell who wasn’t from the area 😆😆😆😆

• Haha
Reactions: 25
The more she tries the more mediocre she proves herself to be. Mediocre Meghan. She doesn't have any discernable talent whatsoever.

Thanks for new thread, great title and fantastic recap.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
She is the best. Such a credit to the RF. I hope King Chuck will ask her opinion on everything.
She is wonderful, I love her no nonsense approach to life in general, but particularly royal life. Can you imagine the Duchess of Pukestreet quietly and with such dignity accompanying her mother's coffin all the way from Balmoral. She'd have wanted bells and whistles, recognition for her selfless act, payment, a fanfare on her return to London. I too hope Charles recognises what a tower of strength his sister is and will be. But I'm sure he does.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
The more she tries the more mediocre she proves herself to be. Mediocre Meghan. She doesn't have any discernable talent whatsoever.

Thanks for new thread, great title and fantastic recap.
Mediocre?

I think she is actually bleeping terrible. Zero talent. Nada. Jack tit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

Night of the Living Dead - the undead were just victims and the diversity of the undead should have been celebrated instead of the narrow vision of the film oppressing their uniqueness 😎😎😎🤣🤣😎😎

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Just to throw my 2 cents in on mispronounced names like Edinburgh Tijuana is often mispronounced as “tiAjuana” there is no a in it , San Luis Obispo I have heard it mispronounced a lot as “San Looey Obispo” and the town of Lompoc ( which is pronounced Lom poke) as Lom pock. Actually made it easy to tell who wasn’t from the area 😆😆😆😆
for me, Swedish pronunciation trumps everything. Gothenburg is Yote'bory, Jonkoping is Yonsho-oeping, and i once almost lost my train from Malmo (pronounced Maal-moeo) because they kept announcing it for Shoepenholm. That's Copenhagen.

i apologise for any Swedes here, i'm just describing the disconnect i feel when coming from a language that uses phonetic transliteration or pronunciation, i mean we read as it's written.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.