Harry and Meghan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
See now I thought The Queen said months ago that they would not be getting any prince princess titles the
children of there's?
KawaiiAF I hope you did not think I was being rude I was not at all you are just passionate with posts.
Me too at times.:)
No no I didn't think you were rude lol I think all of us can be passionate with posts, but that was literally the least deep / passionate thing I've written lol

In fact I'm in agreement, I believe it's the Queen who's put a stopper on Meghan giving her children titles. I believe she wants titles more than anything!

As much as I don't give a rip about them, I hope they don't see the reason Danny Baker was fired. I wouldn't expect to see something like that even on a tattle forum! I have a trio of really out there comedic friends who make me laugh so hard with their absolute bad taste jokes on the regular, and even they would not have sent that. and that says a lot.

Reactions: 5
No no I didn't think you were rude lol I think all of us can be passionate with posts, but that was literally the least deep / passionate thing I've written lol

In fact I'm in agreement, I believe it's the Queen who's put a stopper on Meghan giving her children titles. I believe she wants titles more than anything!

As much as I don't give a rip about them, I hope they don't see the reason Danny Baker was fired.
Hi, your post could not have come at a better time I am actually really upset at a post towards me mainly because of what we speak of passionate posts lol.
So thank you it made me smile x
And yes I belive it was the Queen.

Reactions: 2
Isn't Harry's name actually Henry lol? I do prefer Harry, though.
Yeah I think Henry is his 'official' title, but apparently Diana and Charles said he would always be referred to as Harry?

I think its something to do with King Henrys of the past, where at some point they were being referred to as Harry.

Reactions: 3
My 6 year old had remembered the ‘real’ names from when we watched the wedding. She was adamant the new baby would have the letters R and H in his name...should have placed a bet on Archie :ROFLMAO: She did say Archie is ‘like a mixed way of spelling’ (anagram) of Rachie. I think that is cute.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Apparently the Queen has to approve the names - or she did in the past hence Andrew and Fergie not allowed to call one of their's Annabelle (too many connotations to the nightclub popular at the time). Also the rumour (on Blind Gossip anyway) is that Archie is the Cambridge's nickname for George. If true a bit wierd. But the DM reckon Archie was Meghan's old cat so who knows (or cares).

Apparently the Queen has to approve the names - or she did in the past hence Andrew and Fergie not allowed to call one of their's Annabelle (too many connotations to the nightclub popular at the time). Also the rumour (on Blind Gossip anyway) is that Archie is the Cambridge's nickname for George. If true a bit wierd. But the DM reckon Archie was Meghan's old cat so who knows (or cares).
Thats a shame about Annabelle as its a really nice name. I think it would've been better than Eugenie!

Reactions: 1
She will probably want to move back to the states and get baby educated there, Harry will follow like a faithful hound, she will then be amongst her friends and her like, he will follow her around for awhile until he irritates the hell out of her and dumps him.

Reactions: 4
She will probably want to move back to the states and get baby educated there, Harry will follow like a faithful hound, she will then be amongst her friends and her like, he will follow her around for awhile until he irritates the hell out of her and dumps him.
That won’t be allowed. She is part of the British Royal Family now, she lives here in the U.K. Even she won’t be able to stamp her feet loud enough to get her way on that one.

That won’t be allowed. She is part of the British Royal Family now, she lives here in the U.K. Even she won’t be able to stamp her feet loud enough to get her way on that one.
On that note, does she hold a double citizenship now?

On that note, does she hold a double citizenship now?
Well she will definitely have British citizenship now, because of the marriage if nothing else. I don’t know whether she has had to give up her American citizenship since becoming part of the Royal Family.

Well she will definitely have British citizenship now, because of the marriage if nothing else. I don’t know whether she has had to give up her American citizenship since becoming part of the Royal Family.
I’m wondering how much rules are bent for them because acquiring citizenship is not instant via marriage (I know this because I’m married to a U.K. citizen myself although alas he has no dukedoms!)

Reactions: 6
I’m wondering how much rules are bent for them because acquiring citizenship is not instant via marriage (I know this because I’m married to a U.K. citizen myself although alas he has no dukedoms!)
There will definitely have been rules bent for Meghan, as I’m sure there would be for any other major British Royal marrying a foreigner in future.

There will definitely have been rules bent for Meghan, as I’m sure there would be for any other major British Royal marrying a foreigner in future.
I wonder how hard it was for him to get this marriage approved by the queen and whoever else makes and changes the rules. He seems absolutely head over heels for her so that will have fuelled him!

You do not automatically acquire citizenship upon marrying a citizen here. She will have received indefinite leave to remain, undoubtedly.

If true, I had no idea you'd have to give up your existing citizenship, I've only ever heard that you'd have to convert to Anglicanism if you were from another denomination or whatever (that's just reminded me of the preacher last year lol - can't believe that was already a year ago).

Americans have to pay tax there even if they're living abroad so I reckon she'll be giving up her America citizenship to become fully British otherwise it'll be raising some awkward situations with Trump's America profiting from the Royal purse. You don't automatically become a British citizen upon marriage so she'll have to apply for it if they don't bend the rules for her.

Americans have to pay tax there even if they're living abroad so I reckon she'll be giving up her America citizenship to become fully British otherwise it'll be raising some awkward situations with Trump's America profiting from the Royal purse. You don't automatically become a British citizen upon marriage so she'll have to apply for it if they don't bend the rules for her.
That will make it awkward if she wants to move back.

I wonder how hard it was for him to get this marriage approved by the queen and whoever else makes and changes the rules. He seems absolutely head over heels for her so that will have fuelled him!
I'm guessing as William already had children Harry became nothing in the scheme of things so his relationships don't affect the succession. William was able to marry Kate who didn't have a title, so they have relaxed quite a lot, maybe they have learned from the whole Charles fiasco. The Queen just seems to want them to be happy. William and Kate will have only gone down the traditional route with names etc because the children are heirs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Well well, if I had any tiny bit of doubt about them using a surrogate, now that's gone out the window!
No birth certificate made public to protect the baby's privacy? They have got to be joking! It would have the baby's name, mother and father's names and date and place of birth! If they didn't have anything to hide, they would release it, period.
What a circus!!

Reactions: 12
Well well, if I had any tiny bit of doubt about them using a surrogate, now that's gone out the window!
No birth certificate made public to protect the baby's privacy? They have got to be joking! It would have the baby's name, mother and father's names and date and place of birth! If they didn't have anything to hide, they would release it, period.
What a circus!!
Little bit dramatic maybe?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.