Harry and Meghan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like that they didn't just unfurl the scroll of acceptable royal names and choose one off the small list. Archie as a name will fit right in at school, uni, etc. Wise of them to eschew the title knowing that the public would prefer a thinned out monarchy (I know many would prefer no monarchy of course).
Harrison isn't a name I particularly like but it's cute to have the "son of harry" element.

Reactions: 7
I hear that! This baby will be brought up with a level of privilege unknown and unimaginable to most people in the world. It's ok to shake things up a bit but if they start slapping in the face the very institution that affords them all the privileges they have, it's not gonna look cute.
Perhaps but maybe they wanted him have a normal life as possible like the he’s Phillips cousins, pressure of a title brings a lot of hassle, privilege or not.

Reactions: 3
Deep? Lol Not at all. Just common knowledge.

LOL She'd have a royal title slapped on that baby in a heartbeat if she could.
See now I thought The Queen said months ago that they would not be getting any prince princess titles the
children of there's?
KawaiiAF I hope you did not think I was being rude I was not at all you are just passionate with posts.
Me too at times.:)

Reactions: 1
When Prince Charles becomes King Charles then Harry's sons will automatically become Princes and Princesses unless they choose for them not to have titles.

I'm disappointed he hasn't got a Royal title. She's changing things and it doesn't make her "grow on me", it's doing the opposite. I know obviously Harry had a say in it too, but he's really changed since he married her. I love Royal traditions and I think it's sad he's broke away from some of it since Meghan came along.
👏👏👏👏👏 couldnt agree more!

Reactions: 5
"By deciding to call their son Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, Harry and Meghan have chosen not to use a title for their first born. As the first born son of a duke, Archie could have become Earl of Dumbarton - one of Harry's subsidiary titles - or have been Lord Archie Mountbatten-Windsor, but instead he will simply be Master Archie Mountbatten-Windsor. BBC royal correspondent Jonny Dymond said it was a "strong indication that they don't want to bring him up as a formal 'royal'"

It was Harry and Meghan's choice not to have a title for him.

Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor.
He will know how to spell/write this by the time he’s approximately 15 years old.
Or hire a pleb to write it for him. 😐

Also, maybe the kid will go by his second name Harrison, like Rachel goes by Meghan 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 10
All this drama over the 2 week comment. Are people listening to something different to me? He clearly said people say babies change in the first two weeks, so they’re going to monitor how he changes and who he looks more like.

Reactions: 20
All this drama over the 2 week comment. Are people listening to something different to me? He clearly said people say babies change in the first two weeks, so they’re going to monitor how he changes and who he looks more like.
He did say that. I do think the baby might be older than 2 days though, maybe she had to have a section and has been recovering but don't think it matters. I don't like her but have to say it's refreshing to see her looking more 'normal' than Kate usually does a few hours after.

I don't mind the name archie but Harrison is a weird addition. They're definitely more hollywood than royal.

Reactions: 1
We’ll all get to see the birth certificate soon so I can’t see them lying about that date it would be pointless 🤨

Did you see what Danny Baker tweeted? He’s just got fired for it. Even if it was just an innocuous mistake from his perspective I can’t understand how he didn’t think it might be seen as racist. Idiot.

• Angry
Did you see what Danny Baker tweeted? He’s just got fired for it. Even if it was just an innocuous mistake from his perspective I can’t understand how he didn’t think it might be seen as racist. Idiot.
It wasn’t a mistake, he knew exactly what it meant. And is not in the slightest bit sorry, his apology was so passive aggressive, basically calling everyone else racist for making the connotation between a monkey and black people and racism. Everyone with a scrap of knowledge, and he was a radio presenter he knew the connotation, knows that monkey jibes towards blacks people or people of mixed race is racist.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
I've never liked Danny Baker, his tweet didn't surprise me. He knew what the tweet meant and it backfired on him. He deserved to get the sack!

Reactions: 16
I've never liked Danny Baker, his tweet didn't surprise me. He knew what the tweet meant and it backfired on him. He deserved to get the sack!
I've always found him annoying. Apparently it's been a hobby of his for years to collect monkeys dressed-up to look like humans. Even so, surely he would've been aware of racial connotations when posting that? Not to mention the ethical and cruelty issues of treating animals this way but that's another matter.

Reactions: 9
I've always found him annoying. Apparently it's been a hobby of his for years to collect monkeys dressed-up to look like humans. Even so, surely he would've been aware of racial connotations when posting that? Not to mention the ethical and cruelty issues of treating animals this way but that's another matter.
I find him annoying too, he's really not funny no matter how hard he tries. Really? What a weird thing to collect!!! Exactly, he would know what it means.

It wasn’t a mistake, he knew exactly what it meant. And is not in the slightest bit sorry, his apology was so passive aggressive, basically calling everyone else racist for making the connotation between a monkey and black people and racism. Everyone with a scrap of knowledge, and he was a radio presenter he knew the connotation, knows that monkey jibes towards blacks people or people of mixed race is racist.
Yep. His latest tweets show how not sorry he is.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.