Harry and Meghan #87 In honour of HRH Prince Philip. Rest in Peace.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My sense is that Prince Philip means more to the everyday people of U.K. & the Commonwealth & his death will have a more resonant effect than the premature death of Diana.
Diana died needlessly at the peak of her beauty & charm, & we had yet to find out what she made of her life on her own terms. For a few she has become an eternal heroine, but for many she was a privileged woman who at best made good use of her royal leverage to help people as an early advocate for people with AIDS & decommissioning land mines, but not much more of grit than that. She overplayed the victim card & given her early demise, she did not get to show what she was really made of.

Philip has a broader more enduring appeal across ages, sexes & classes, a public presence built over decades. I have been struck by how many people have been on MSM & SM recounting their meetings with him, his keen intelligence & sharp wit. No matter the everyday nitty gritty of his marriage with HMTQ, they have had a steadfast union. I wonder how many couples have looked at each other in the past few days & thought they could see things through together rather than let matters drift. Of course, some will look at each other & think ‘FFS, I could do with my own Prince Philip, I’m off’.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Now that meg is all over the headlines again, she will be happy. I dont think they realise how bad it looks that they are grabbing headlines and pushing their PR at a time when the rest of the family are behaving in the way the Queen wants. This will be remembered.
Ginge thinks once he rocks up that all will be forgiven and the cash will start rolling back in, and it will be titles galore for the kids.
Yeah no, I think the Queen will be incredibly angry that he pulled these stunts even though they knew Philip was so ill. That they are making her husband of 70 odd years funeral all about them. To us normal folk its disgusting, to the RF it goes against their code of country first.
If ginger does walk behind the coffin he will be at the back as they will go with Senior Royals first, and if the Wessex children attend they will be with their parents. So ginger will be behind 2 teenagers.
Or else he will throw a fit when he finds out how far down the list he is and hope that they will rearrange it to accomadate him.
William and Kate did that at the Commonwealth service, this time Id say he will be told to get at the back of the procession or he can duck off back to LA.
Right now the decent people are obeying the Queen and Philips wishes. Ginge only obeys meg.
I suspect the Queen will be leaning on Charles so much more and also William and I dont think either of those will be in a forgving mood with ginger.
I feel for them knowing they have to deal with the fools tantrums at a time when they want to remember their father and grandfather.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
It’s not important but I just wondered when it says prerecord for Charles’ message when it means, as in earlier today? Or weeks before when they knew he was poorly? I’m just curious as we’ve only seen Sophie and Edward “live” in the moment etc so to speak so far. I just wondered was it protocol to have everything for media purposes ready to go, so they can perhaps spend the time after an immediate passing mourning and getting ready for the funeral? If anyone is more au fait with these things than me I’m intrigued to know!
Could have been earlier today or yesterday afternoon. BP are controlling who says what and when, and what is released to the media. Apart from the thirsty Harkles.

I'm expecting Hazza will release his own self-important doorstep speech to the media from Montecito, before he gets on his completely unnecessary private jet this evening. Prince Philip apparently only had one grandchild and that's Harry, the Special One. :rolleyes:

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.