Harry and Meghan #83 Harry's no wimp-o, nows he's Head Chimpo!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you @Kittypops for the title suggestions from 2 threads ago... with this rowdy thread sandwiched lovingly in the middle
Summary -
the poll has been banished and the suggestion is that we don't start suggesting thread titles until after page 40
Serena ♥s Meghan 🤮
Scoobie still hasn't taken down his racist tweet... double standards yet again
Piers Morgan lit a tweet seeking missile in support of Sharon Osborne - who is thinking of suing CBS (and quite right too)
Piers Morgan sent another daisy-bomb on behalf of the Silent Majority via the Mail on Sunday
... speaking of litigation, Thomas Markle asked to have an interview with Harpo and has said he is planning on suing the FragileFive (and quite right too)
Harry got on his bike and added to his massive carbon footprint by refusing to pedal
Even CNN has started to turn against the dastardly duo with a video picking apart the lies and inconsistencies
[if I'm missing anything, please advise and I can add in the 30 min window I have to make edits]

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Oh lord some Alex Beresford post has appeard on my facebook apparently his favourite F word is Feminism well Alex my favourite F word is duck off

I'm a dummy the page is My favourite F word is Feminism doh.
I TOLD YOU !:m
Yes I did.:giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: 33
what I do think that is substance abuse that may have started at a vulnerable, young age (13) that went unchecked may have contributed to the arrested development we are now seeing as well as the poor overall school engagement and results. dunno - I'm NQ and just knnow from experience that if a young teen (13/14) starts using drugs (especially cannabis) and doesn't stop - the 24 yr old can be a total mess.
He was already a bit dim when he was a child. Chaz wanted to have him properly assessed but the in-house saint didn't let him. Being a bit dim herself and having failed her O-levels TWICE!!, she probably thought it wouldn't make any difference for a guy who'd never had to train for a proper job nor find or keep one. He, just like she herself, would have led a life where every luxury known to mankind was provided for and days were spend buying clothes, playing polo or tennis, listening to pop music and handing cutting the odd ribbon.

One of the reasons the saintly one did most of her charity work visiting hospitals was because then she didn't have to be briefed or learned anything or memorized about the organisations the other royals were working with. Too much of an effort. Anyone who has ever seen the amount of prep work Princess Anne or Chaz put into their appearances can see she would never have been able to do a fraction of this. D just hopped next to a paitient, held their hans, cooed and off she went on a shopping spree on Kensington Di Street.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
Only in UK could someone be Marmite!

The comments are interesting as they weigh heavily towards challenging the factual reporting of the £10k - just two dresses in MM money - coming from Meghan whereas it came from The Royal Foundation.

Looking no further than the DM article, the project itself seems sound, a joint Muslim-Jewish community organisation providing food boxes & hot food in a very deprived area to those in need, particularly during the pandemic. https://salaamshalomkitchen.co.uk/

The quotes (poverty, race, solidarity etc) provided in the article are misplaced, heavy headed & woken. Had I not followed through I most likely would have dismissed the organisation as being overtly woke & politicised. The mistake that the organisation made was not to declare the donation as the Royal Foundation (along with all the other donators) & just leave it as that.

This is what bugs me: that H&M are becoming more Marmite & those who they prey upon or deign to brush against will loose out.

For something that is not stated on organisation’s website I can only wonder how this non-story made it into MSM? I can only wonder why a small charitable organisation would consider it useful or beneficial to their purpose to discuss with anyone the operational decisions made about announcing the Royal Foundation donation & the Trustees subsequent decision to make an announcement about solidarity with MM & her allegations about the RF & racism. Any such discussions would have been in confidence at Trustee board meetings & minuted & IF these discussions did take place, this has been leaked.

Two snips from the Daily Mail article:

The donation came from funds raised for The Royal Foundation from the sale of Together: Our Community Cookbook and the duchess gifted the money so the charity can 'continue transforming lives through the power of cooking and food';

Reacting to the donation, Himmah's director joked: 'For ages I thought the whole thing was a hoax. 'They kept emailing me and ringing me about the donation saying it was from the Duchess of Sussex and I just couldn't believe it – I was utterly gobsmacked and hugely humbled that Meghan knew about our charity and wanted to support us.

My bold - The whole matter stinks of a bad move by a desperate PR.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Thank you @ResidentMerkin and @Kittypops for another shiny new thread.

Back on the 'what's wrong with Harry' discussion...

The last time Prince Harry saw Vicki McBratney she was his matron at Ludgrove Preparatory School helping him get over the loss of his mother, Diana, Princess of Wales.
As a 13-year-old schoolboy, the Prince would sit with Matron and show her letters from his late mother as they chatted over a cup of hot chocolate. She, too, had lost her mother and they formed an immediate bond.
Today the Prince had a happy and unexpected reunion with his old confidante 17 years after he last saw her, when she popped up in a crowd of royal fans during a walkabout in New Zealand.
Prince Harry chats to his old matron from Ludgrove School Vicky McBratley as he meets the people of Christchurch after visiting the 'Quake City' Museum in Christchurch, New Zealand

The Prince with his former matron

Mrs McBratney, 44, who now works as a pre-school teacher in Christchurch, reminisced with him about his schooldays as she gave him a collection of photographs of him and his friends taken at Ludgrove, which he attended until 1998.
"My goodness, I remember you," the Prince said. "Long time no see."
Mrs McBratney, who had waited for two hours to see the Prince, started her job at Ludgrove on the day of Princess Diana’s funeral in 1997.
She said: “Every couple of weeks he’d come and knock on my door and we’d both go to the matron’s lounge and I’d make him a Milo or a hot chocolate and we’d sit and talk and he’d share his letters from his Mum.
“(He was) a loveable, friendly, nice boy. Cheeky, but not naughty. He's still got that same smile.
“I wasn’t sure he’d remember me after all these years but he did. It was really nice to relate to him again. He just looked really shocked and said 'Hi Vicki, nice to see you', gave me a kiss and had a chat.”
As he looked through the photographs she gave him, the Prince said: “They are awesome, there’s Walter! I love that.”
Mrs McBratney said that when she started work at the school, “the headmaster said Harry won’t be back until Wednesday because of the funeral, and I was saying ‘Harry, who’s Harry?’” When he did arrive for the start of term, she made sure he knew “I was there for him” because her own mother had died the year before.

When Mrs McBratney asked him how he had been since she last saw him, he said: “Very well, keeping busy.”
Mrs McBratney said she was known to Prince Harry as “ma’am” and her duties included waking him up, laying out his clothes, tucking him up in bed and supporting him when he played sport. She said she was his “counsellor and nanny” and effectively became a surrogate mother.

He was so fond of her that when his brother Prince William attended a premiere of The Man In The Iron Mask he asked him to get an autograph for her from its star, Leonardo DiCaprio, her favourite actor.
She said: “Harry came back the week after and said: ‘Ma’am, Ma’am, look!’ and showed me a programme signed ‘To Vicki, all the best, Leonardo DiCaprio’.”
She said the boys would play a game called “royal flush” in which the other boys would pretend to flush Prince Harry’s head down the toilet.

I'd never made the link before, but in the Telegraph piece it's clear that Harry was already going to get an extra year at Ludgrove. His birthday is 15 September, so he started out as one of the oldest boys in his year, but they still decided he needed to be kept back for another year before going to Eton. It wasn't anything to do with Diana's death at the end of August - Ludgrove were already expecting him back. Matron already had duties in her contract to tuck him in at night and lay out his clothes. Makes him sound very young for his age. Instead, we have a 13 year old who is a full year older than any of the boys in the school, tall and athletic, at the receiving end of 'Royal Flushes'. Bullying is vile, but for the boys to pick on the oldest boy in the school? Doesn't sound quite right, does it? That's not dyslexia, that's something else.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Thank you @Kittypops for the title suggestions from 2 threads ago... with this rowdy thread sandwiched lovingly in the middle
Summary -
the poll has been banished and the suggestion is that we don't start suggesting thread titles until after page 40
Serena ♥s Meghan 🤮
Scoobie still hasn't taken down his racist tweet... double standards yet again
Piers Morgan lit a tweet seeking missile in support of Sharon Osborne - who is thinking of suing CBS (and quite right too)
Piers Morgan sent another daisy-bomb on behalf of the Silent Majority via the Mail on Sunday
... speaking of litigation, Thomas Markle asked to have an interview with Harpo and has said he is planning on suing the FragileFive (and quite right too)
Harry got on his bike and added to his massive carbon footprint by refusing to pedal
Even CNN has started to turn against the dastardly duo with a video picking apart the lies and inconsistencies
[if I'm missing anything, please advise and I can add in the 30 min window I have to make edits]
Thank you @ResidentMerkin and @Kittypops for the new thread and great title!

Reactions: 14
It's sing-along time, Tattlers. Fire up your karaoke machine and belt it out to Buckingham Palace version of Shania Twain's That don't impress me much:

We've seen a few girls who thought they were pretty smart
But you've got being right down to an art
You think you're a genius, you drive us up the wall
You're a regular original; a know-it-all

Oh-ooh-oh, you think you're special
Oh-ooh-oh, you think you're something else

OK, so you're a suitcase girl
That don't impress us much
So you suck like a hoover but have you got the common touch?
Now don't get us wrong, yeah, we think you're a good horizontal
But that won't keep us going in the midst of a pandemic

Uh-huh, yeah, yeah

Now you’re a duchess with a moonbump under her dress
And a surrogate in Canada just in case
Add some extra elastic around your waist cause you need to lock it
'Cause Heaven forbid it should fall outta place

Oh-ooh-oh, you think you're special

OK, so you're the Queen of Yachting

That don't impress us much (Oh, oh, uh)
So you got the duke but have you got the common touch?
And don't get us wrong, yeah, so you think you're alright
But don’t forget that you’re also half white

Yeah

You're one of those girls who likes to slap her staff
Then cries racism. That doesn’t half make us laugh
We can believe you kiss your mirror goodnight
Now, c'mon, baby, tell us. You must be jokin', right?

Oh-ooh-oh, you think you're something special

OK, so you wore her perfume
That don't impress us much (That don't impress us)
You think Piers uncouth but he tells the truth
And don't get us wrong, yeah, you think you're alright
And you want more than your time in in the limelight

Uh-huh, yeah, yeah

OK. So, what do you think? You're Diana or something?

Whatever

That don't impress us

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52

The last time Prince Harry saw Vicki McBratney she was his matron at Ludgrove Preparatory School helping him get over the loss of his mother, Diana, Princess of Wales.
As a 13-year-old schoolboy, the Prince would sit with Matron and show her letters from his late mother as they chatted over a cup of hot chocolate. She, too, had lost her mother and they formed an immediate bond.
Today the Prince had a happy and unexpected reunion with his old confidante 17 years after he last saw her, when she popped up in a crowd of royal fans during a walkabout in New Zealand.
Prince Harry chats to his old matron from Ludgrove School Vicky McBratley as he meets the people of Christchurch after visiting the 'Quake City' Museum in Christchurch, New Zealand'Quake City' Museum in Christchurch, New Zealand

Mrs McBratney, 44, who now works as a pre-school teacher in Christchurch, reminisced with him about his schooldays as she gave him a collection of photographs of him and his friends taken at Ludgrove, which he attended until 1998.
Mrs McBratney, who had waited for two hours to see the Prince, started her job at Ludgrove on the day of Princess Diana’s funeral in 1997.
She said: “Every couple of weeks he’d come and knock on my door and we’d both go to the matron’s lounge and I’d make him a Milo or a hot chocolate and we’d sit and talk and he’d share his letters from his Mum.
“(He was) a loveable, friendly, nice boy. Cheeky, but not naughty. He's still got that same smile.
“I wasn’t sure he’d remember me after all these years but he did. It was really nice to relate to him again. He just looked really shocked and said 'Hi Vicki, nice to see you', gave me a kiss and had a chat.”
As he looked through the photographs she gave him, the Prince said: “They are awesome, there’s Walter! I love that.”
Mrs McBratney said that when she started work at the school, “the headmaster said Harry won’t be back until Wednesday because of the funeral, and I was saying ‘Harry, who’s Harry?’” When he did arrive for the start of term, she made sure he knew “I was there for him” because her own mother had died the year before.

When Mrs McBratney asked him how he had been since she last saw him, he said: “Very well, keeping busy.”
Mrs McBratney said she was known to Prince Harry as “ma’am” and her duties included waking him up, laying out his clothes, tucking him up in bed and supporting him when he played sport. She said she was his “counsellor and nanny” and effectively became a surrogate mother.

He was so fond of her that when his brother Prince William attended a premiere of The Man In The Iron Mask he asked him to get an autograph for her from its star, Leonardo DiCaprio, her favourite actor.
She said: “Harry came back the week after and said: ‘Ma’am, Ma’am, look!’ and showed me a programme signed ‘To Vicki, all the best, Leonardo DiCaprio’.”
She said the boys would play a game called “royal flush” in which the other boys would pretend to flush Prince Harry’s head down the toilet.

I'd never made the link before, but in the Telegraph piece it's clear that Harry was already going to get an extra year at Ludgrove. His birthday is 15 September, so he started out as one of the oldest boys in his year, but they still decided he needed to be kept back for another year before going to Eton. It wasn't anything to do with Diana's death at the end of August - Ludgrove were already expecting him back. Matron already had duties in her contract to tuck him in at night and lay out his clothes. Makes him sound very young for his age. Instead, we have a 13 year old who is a full year older than any of the boys in the school, tall and athletic, at the receiving end of 'Royal Flushes'. Bullying is vile, but for the boys to pick on the oldest boy in the school? Doesn't sound quite right, does it? That's not dyslexia, that's something else.
He would've been 13 in his last year, 12 at the beginning of term and then turning 13 the week after term started. Prep School is upto Y8

Reactions: 8

Prince Harry chats to his old matron from Ludgrove School Vicky McBratley as he meets the people of Christchurch after visiting the 'Quake City' Museum in Christchurch, New Zealand'Quake City' Museum in Christchurch, New Zealand

Sorry to refer to what I am currently reading!
In the book it infers that the children would stay until 13 at Ludgrove. Please excuse the comic picture, I can’t seem to remove it!
D02DAA48-D207-47AB-B1E8-70BBDFA2505D.png

Reactions: 15
I agree, all the fears is not takINg into account what the RF have on Megain, The RF would have done a heap of homework on Megain before she even married Harry And just because they covered up some of her bullshit doesn’t mean they no longer have that information. Even if we presume that the RF themselves were naive, there is no way those men in grey suits didn’t keep stuff on Megain, Honestly, if she dares to spill stuff that is really detrimental, can you see the RF just taking it and doing nothing. They may not come out publicly themselves, but they wilol defend themselves in other ways. I believe that even though H&M interview appeared damaging at the outset, when the RF discussed what to do, they have decided to handle it the way they are handling it. In other words, their big guns have nit been brought out yet on that pair. Probably because of Harry and the grandchildren. I don’t see how that interview did any real damage to the RF at all in the places it counts, UK and the Commonwealth. As for America, who really cares, they have nothing to do with the RF.
Yes, agree.
Just wondering, why wait for the sprog (this may be really naive, sorry!)? It would seem to give her more power...

Reactions: 14
Polish_20210328_130011249.jpg

Hazno: Today we are going to discuss toxic pets and joining us in the studio we have the Queen's corgi Pom

Pom: Grrrrr

Scrotie: I roast all my birds (winks)

Smeg: Hmm there's something sneaky about that hamster Scotchy I can't put my finger on it ......

Gayle Whatshername: Are you saying that my familiar is toxic? That's toadist!

Hazno: Well Archies Crocodile isn't toxic at all, he's hardly even nibbled him!

Hazno: Can I tempt you with a lovely Richmond?

(Pandimonium ensues)

Voices off: Bring back Piers!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
View attachment 503544
Hazno: Today we are going to discuss toxic pets and joining us in the studio we have the Queen's corgi Pom

Scrotie: I roast all my birds (winks)

Smeg: Hmm there's something sneaky about that hamster Scotchy I can't put my finger on it ......

Gayle Whatshername: Are you saying that my familiar is toxic? That's toadist!

Hazno: Well Archies Crocodile isn't toxic at all, he's hardly even nibbled him!

Hazno: Can I tempt you with a lovely Richmond?

(Pandimonium ensues)

Voices off: Bring back Piers!
Oh my god, am crying at this! Thanks Scotchy, that's brilliant!!! 🤣😘 We need more of this on here, just like the old days, keep up the good work 🤣

Congrats on the new thread everybody, I shall try and keep up 🙄🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 20
About the Ludgrove prep
It is becoming highly suspect that all woes which in the past happened to other royals, ard suddenly attributed to Harry.PR?
Or simply, the Royal Flush episodes are very well documented as actually happening to Charles, because he really was a bully magnet.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Oh my god, am crying at this! Thanks Scotchy, that's brilliant!!! 🤣😘 We need more of this on here, just like the old days, keep up the good work 🤣

Congrats on the new thread everybody, I shall try and keep up 🙄🤣
🥰 thanks @Facehugger
Glad you liked it 😃
You've changed your avatar! I can use yours if it's a creature I can add in to the silliness 😄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Prince Squirrel-head is my favourite Harry :ROFLMAO:

He would've been 13 in his last year, 12 at the beginning of term and then turning 13 the week after term started. Prep School is upto Y8
Yes, you are right! They still added a year at Ludgrove though - he was two school years behind William up until Eton.
Harry
Born Sept 15 1984. Starts Wetherby Sept 89 Starts Ludgrove Sept 92. Starts Eton Sept 98
William
Born June 21 1982 Starts Wetherby Jan 87 Starts Ludgrove Sept 90 Starts Eton Sept 95

About the Ludgrove prep
It is becoming highly suspect that all woes which in the past happened to other royals, ard suddenly attributed to Harry.PR?
Or simply, the Royal Flush episodes are very well documented as actually happening to Charles, because he really was a bully magnet.
I'd never picked up before on stories about Harry getting the loo-flush treatment at Wetherby. The Matron who spoke to the Telegraph was only there for Harry's final year as a 13 year old.

From what I have read about his time at Eton, he was either playing polo, hanging out with William's older crowd or in his room with a spliff.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I’ve just been ‘challenged’ on the DM and told I live in the ‘DM echo chamber’. Try Twitter for that! o_O

I said I’d done extensive research on MM and have come to a conclusion myself. I was then asked the classic ‘argument from authority’ question about psychology qualifications or if I know her. Ffs. How can people honestly think this is a good argument?

Besides, some people on here and on other outlets have suggested that’s why she never got herself near a mental health professional because they’d have her sussed immediately
74EA84A2-2031-4D2B-BD0C-D011E4055990.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
🥰 thanks @Facehugger
Glad you liked it 😃
You've changed your avatar! I can use yours if it's a creature I can add in to the silliness 😄
I changed it in honour of the stork bringing a baby Alien faced something on the Loz thread but thought it would do perfectly for our favourite Alien chinned preggy (or not) mental Merkin an'all ❤ I shall change it back once all dollies and various assorted deliveries have ensued 🤣🤣🤣😘 if anyone wants shutting up, stick one of these on 😏😏

c534_alien_facehugger_plush.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.