Hannah Witton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her latest video did make me feel for her. Documenting TTC online might not be the wisest of ideas - I hope she's okay.
Same, I'm watching it right now and it's so stressful. My partner underwent chemo as a teenager -which might have impacted his fertility- and while we're not having kids anytime soon it's always at the back of my mind that I might be having the same problems as Hannah in a few years. You can tell both of them are tired and stressed and I really feel for her. Hope it all works out for her in the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Have been lurking on this thread for a while, I am also really feeling for her after the latest video. They probably weren't expecting this when deciding to show it all online. I did think dan looked very uncomfortable in parts though and I hope he is 100% onboard with it

Reactions: 2
Have been lurking on this thread for a while, I am also really feeling for her after the latest video. They probably weren't expecting this when deciding to show it all online. I did think dan looked very uncomfortable in parts though and I hope he is 100% onboard with it
I did she was actually telling him some of this before she spoke on camera because it seemed in parts he was finding it out for the first time....

I do feel so bad for her. No one really expects to struggle to conceive (even if you have lots of knowledge about sex education etc like she does)

I do feel so bad for her. No one really expects to struggle to conceive (even if you have lots of knowledge about sex education etc like she does)
Is it just me that has this in the back of my mind? Like I’m getting closer to having kids and I always just think maybe it won’t happen and because you really have to ask and push for results etc in the uk maybe I’m just more aware due to my mum and her speaking about it etc

Reactions: 6
I think it is so brave of her to share her TTC journey and no doubt will help so many people going through the same thing. I am the same age as Hannah and have been trying for almost two years, and her videos have made me feel less alone (it’s hard to speak to friends/family about it sometimes, especially when they haven’t been through it themselves). I could feel her stress and worry in that video, I hope she’s doing ok with it and gets the results she wants! Raising awareness of fertility issues is great but hope she’s looking after her own mental health!

Reactions: 16
It's brave of her to share all this, especially if we're seeing all the updates while they're still TTC. I'm a couple of years older than Hannah and it is a genuine worry I have (not being able to conceive/ having issues with it) because you don't know until you start trying and you don't start trying until you're ready.

Reactions: 5
Is it just me that has this in the back of my mind? Like I’m getting closer to having kids and I always just think maybe it won’t happen and because you really have to ask and push for results etc in the uk maybe I’m just more aware due to my mum and her speaking about it etc
No it isn’t just you! I think where you’re younger you assume that you will have children but when it becomes something you begin to consider you start to worry. I also began to think of the times I wasn’t that careful and nothing happened!! It did take year and half for me to fall pregnant but it did happen

Reactions: 8
It’s something that plays on my mind too. I’ve had some of the same surgeries as Hannah so know it won’t be straight forward when we do start trying. I can’t imagine sharing that private journey with close friends and family never mind the whole of the internet though.

Reactions: 1
I feel bad for her about her pregnancy issue but , and I don't know if this is just because I hadn't seen her videos in a while, has her way/rhythm of speaking changed? It seems weirdly stilted, I found it so annoying I couldn't get through more than 3minutes of the video

Reactions: 4
I feel bad for her about her pregnancy issue but , and I don't know if this is just because I hadn't seen her videos in a while, has her way/rhythm of speaking changed? It seems weirdly stilted, I found it so annoying I couldn't get through more than 3minutes of the video
I can't say I notice it anymore but it might be because she's usually relaying/reading out information in those videos? It might also be because she's just stressed and trying to mask it on camera.

Also re: Dan, I think he wants a baby as much as Hannah does, but my feeling is he's not entirely comfortable documenting the whole thing online. He seems like a quiet, private guy and it's a very intimate thing to announce to the world (especially given how much Hannah talks about their sex life now in the context of TTC and his sperm count and all that).

I can't say I notice it anymore but it might be because she's usually relaying/reading out information in those videos? It might also be because she's just stressed and trying to mask it on camera.

Also re: Dan, I think he wants a baby as much as Hannah does, but my feeling is he's not entirely comfortable documenting the whole thing online. He seems like a quiet, private guy and it's a very intimate thing to announce to the world (especially given how much Hannah talks about their sex life now in the context of TTC and his sperm count and all that).
Thats what I meant about dan i'm sure he is onboard with having the baby but he just looked so uncomfortable while she was reading him the information. I hope he is happy for this to be public its a very personal thing particuarly now its not all going according to plan. I hope they both feel able to step back from doing this publicly if needed instead of feeling like now they've started doing it they can't back down

does anyone know if having ulcerative colitis could affect fertility?
No idea. It must be frustrating for her, there’s so little information to go on. She even said that she suspects the IUD caused the flare up but the doctors said they can’t be certain. In any case she’s been on hormonal birth control all her life, it sometimes takes over a year for the body to return to normal rhythms.

Reactions: 3
No idea. It must be frustrating for her, there’s so little information to go on. She even said that she suspects the IUD caused the flare up but the doctors said they can’t be certain. In any case she’s been on hormonal birth control all her life, it sometimes takes over a year for the body to return to normal rhythms.
Yeah, I am not a doctor but I been told that after being on contraceptives for so long it will take up to a year to just have a normal cycle. For what she said on her videos she went really into trying to conceive right after removing the iud and before her body was on a normal cycle that she could track. I feel like they put way to much pressure on themselves on those first few months when in reality they should have a year when it could happen but it was impossible to plan it. And now they are mentally exhausted because they put all their energy on trying to get pregnant during a time when it was harder than normal.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
does anyone know if having ulcerative colitis could affect fertility?
No it shouldn’t but her surgeries probably will have an effect. Women with UC who haven’t had surgery have the same fertility as the general population but after abdominal surgery that can decrease by up to 50%.

NB I’m not a medical professional but an expert patient with UC.

Reactions: 1
No it shouldn’t but her surgeries probably will have an effect. Women with UC who haven’t had surgery have the same fertility as the general population but after abdominal surgery that can decrease by up to 50%.

NB I’m not a medical professional but an expert patient with UC.
I am not a doctor either but have UC and was discussing emergency surgery at some point, every doctor i spoke to did mention that it could affect having children in the future although i don’t know the ins and outs. I was only 19 at the time so didn’t get into detail.

I am not a doctor either but have UC and was discussing emergency surgery at some point, every doctor i spoke to did mention that it could affect having children in the future although i don’t know the ins and outs. I was only 19 at the time so didn’t get into detail.
It’s to do with internal scarring after surgery. There’s a risk of this causing blockages around your Fallopian tubes. The more surgeries you have the greater the risk.

I used to watch her like 5 years ago, and was curious so watched a recent video and was surprised at how different she sounded. Went back to watch a 2016 video and she did sound so different!

Reactions: 3
I used to watch her like 5 years ago, and was curious so watched a recent video and was surprised at how different she sounded. Went back to watch a 2016 video and she did sound so different!
I agree! I always feel petty for being annoyed by this, but she has a really stunted way of speaking now, full of strangely timed pauses. That along with the way she makes a really sharp high-pitched sound every time she says the letter 's' makes her pretty hard to listen to. I am still trying to though, because I think her hormone diaries series is very vulnerable interesting content.