Hairdryer options

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi pretty boring topic I am afraid but looking for recommendations for a new hairdryer.

I need something lightweight as have some nerve damage in my arm and holding a heavy one is difficult.

I dont want a Dyson, refuse to pay that much but have been considering the Gama IQ Perfetto (my hairdresser has one). Even so that is still pretty expensive so wondered if anyone had ideas in a more reasonable price range.

I like the sleek compact style of the Gama so a similar style would be perfect!

There are plenty out there that I can see but not very trusting of them as I think they will look very similar but performance wise will not be much good.

I have very long, thick hair with a slight wave but very prone to a bit of frizz when it is humid and also tangles very easy. Having said that I am having it cut into a very short bob in a few weeks so high performance may not be quite as important as it is right now (obviously still want a good one).

Any advice would be fantastic.

I have a Parlux and find it light compared to my last hairdryer, but not sure if as light as Dyson etc

I got a GHD one and like it, it's fairly light, there's enough heat in it to dry my hair without incinerating it. For info I also have frizzy hair

Reactions: 1
I have a GHD one which is good - I've had it for nearly 8 years which is great value for money.

It's not the lightest to hold, but does a great job of drying my bob hairstyle (quickly, too).

I have a Parlux and a Dyson (Supersonic, not Air Wrap) Parlux takes about 20 mins to dry my hair, Dyson about 8 minutes to look the same. However, the Dyson is meant to be better for your hair but my hair looks shinier after the Parlux! So depends if I want speed or shine really but love both

Do you have any recommendations for a hot styling brush type thing. I've been using this Revlon one for years but it's finally conked out. Something
with a slimmer barrel would be good as my hair isn't as long and thick as it used to be. Would love a Dyson, but it's not in my budget atm.

Screenshot 2022-08-04 at 16.15.58.png

Ah I’m gonna be unpopular but I think the Dyson overrated. Wasn’t too impressed tbh. Not madly different from the standard salon ones I had.

Reactions: 2
Do you have any recommendations for a hot styling brush type thing. I've been using this Revlon one for years but it's finally conked out. Something
with a slimmer barrel would be good as my hair isn't as long and thick as it used to be. Would love a Dyson, but it's not in my budget atm.

View attachment 1471813
The Revlon now comes in the original size and a smaller size, my mam bought the smaller one as her original stopped working after years, she loves the smaller one and has bob length hair

• Heart
The Revlon now comes in the original size and a smaller size, my mam bought the smaller one as her original stopped working after years, she loves the smaller one and has bob length hair
Oh wow, I didn't realise Revlon came in a slimmer version. Thank you 😊

Ah I’m gonna be unpopular but I think the Dyson overrated. Wasn’t too impressed tbh. Not madly different from the standard salon ones I had.
Good to know! I've heard a few people say this. I've built up lots of Boots points and I was almost tempted to put them towards a Dyson styler, but changed my mind as I could not justify spending that much on a hair tool right now.

I recommend Parlux - I have had mine for over 13 years. It what salons use. They have a couple of different options so check the weight but the quality cannot be matched in my opinion.

I second this…my Dyson doesn’t do anything my old Babyliss one did other than a bit quicker…over priced imo.