Hair Transplants

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello! Hope I’ve posted this in the right section, apologies if not. Has anyone ever had a hair transplant or have partners (particularly male) who have had one?

I’m doing a bit of research on behalf of my boyfriend really, he’d really like to get one as he’s really self-conscious about his hairline and thinning of hair.

If you have had one or know of someone whose had one, could you maybe share a bit more about the costs? (This is the one thing that’s never shared!) Where you went? Anything about the procedure like did it hurt etc? How the hair is now? Did you have a finance option?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help. I really hope someone can 🖤

My brother is booked in for one! It is costing around £2-2.5k. There's a man in Southport who my brother has been for an appointment with, who has a clinic/salon thing. This man sorts it all out and does the consultations there, then he is partnered with a place in Turkey and the price includes flights over there. Their website has so much info, I've linked it below

Reactions: 2
My brother is booked in for one! It is costing around £2-2.5k. There's a man in Southport who my brother has been for an appointment with, who has a clinic/salon thing. This man sorts it all out and does the consultations there, then he is partnered with a place in Turkey and the price includes flights over there. Their website has so much info, I've linked it below

Ah thank you, that is handy - Southport isn’t far from us. When is your brother having his? Is he having the FUT transplant or FUE? Do you think he needs much doing? My boyfriends hairline has receded and that front bit is thinning but the rest of his hair is really thick so no idea how much he needs. I think he is a bit a skeptical about going abroad for it because I’ve heard some great stories and then some not so great. That price is really good though. Please will you keep me updated on how it goes for your brother and his experience with abroad? x

I know a couple of people who’ve had this done, and would give these considerations:

-Abroad (mainly Turkey) is popular because it’s a lot cheaper than getting it done in the UK. Think upwards to £10,000 in the UK compared to £2/3000 abroad. This doesn’t necessarily mean UK is better, but obviously aftercare is more readily accessible which gives a degree of confidence to people. FUE seems the most common procedure.

-How old is your partner? Some places won’t operate on anyone under the age of 25 or 30 as hair loss hasn’t stabilised

-Has he considered how he will prevent further loss in the future? I believe the only way to conclusively do this is to take a drug called Finasteride which can have some pretty severe side effects (including bedroom related ones!) which are worth researching.

Ah thank you, that is handy - Southport isn’t far from us. When is your brother having his? Is he having the FUT transplant or FUE? Do you think he needs much doing? My boyfriends hairline has receded and that front bit is thinning but the rest of his hair is really thick so no idea how much he needs. I think he is a bit a skeptical about going abroad for it because I’ve heard some great stories and then some not so great. That price is really good though. Please will you keep me updated on how it goes for your brother and his experience with abroad? x
He's going in April or early May. I don't know which of those two he is getting, but the man in Southport had a consultation with him about his options. Your bf's hair sounds just like my brothers! So thick and bushy at the back but receding at the top and really thin. I think the good thing about that clinic is that you have the consultation and aftercare in the UK. I'll let you know how he gets on x

My hairdressers husband has had one recently in Istanbul, he paid I think £3000 and that included flights and hotel, he was super impressed with it all, apparently the clinic was incredible, super clean and very clinical. I can't remember the name of the doctor he saw but he did a lot of research online first and found who he thought was the best person with fantastic reviews.

Reactions: 1
My ex had one last year. He had his in Manchester on deansgate but the guys that own the business send people to turkey too. He paid £3000 ish for his. He had the full front of his head done, it looked great once done, then it all falls out and grows back again. Can’t comment on it now sadly as we aren’t together but the healing part was rough! He was in a lot of pain, wasn’t allowed to sleep horizontally for 5 days and it’s was quite scary to look at. I had to help him a fair bit.. research, research and more research and make sure you’re fully prepared for the healing phase and the fact it all falls out again before getting the final result (can take up to a year) the funny thing was they had to shave his head before they did it and he actually looked great to be fair!

Reactions: 1