Recipe Boxes Reviewed - Gusto, Hello Fresh, Simply Cook etc

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So when you buy 4 meals it's all jumbled up together? That's ridiculous, I thought the whole point is it was in a separate (paper)bag.

I guess they're aimed at people that would go out and eat and not cook at home. None of the dragons invested 10 years ago and I bet they don't regret that.

Went to go look at hello fresh and you have to go through payment before they even show you the recipes 🤨
You get all the stuff in a box and the recipe cards. Then you have to go through it and work out what you need for each recipe. I also found it annoying that dates on things didn’t match up, so each component of the recipe didn’t have the same use by date. So some of the veg etc was wilted and a bit sad before you were ready to use it as had to prepare other recipes first because of use by dates of meat etc. You’ll gather I’m not really a fan 😂 Tried Hello Fresh years ago but that was when they made you take the recipes they had chosen and there were no choices or swaps. My other half is allergic to fish so it was absolutely no use to us, ended up giving recipes away. Never bothered looking at them again to see if they’d changed

Hello fresh seems to be doing very well with covid-19.

Although lets see how they do after these next few weeks and the long term economic impacts

I’m not surprised I’ve started using both of them and I’ve enjoyed every meal. You have to get in quick to order though. I am too scared to go to the supermarket right now.

Reactions: 1
I have to say Ive started using HelloFresh so that I don't have to leave the house as much and I've really enjoyed it. The ingredients have been high quality and it's nice to have a recipe to look forward to making during the long lockdown days.

Reactions: 1
Not that impressed with my first (and last) free hello fresh box. The halloumi tabbouleh has 4.5g of salt a serving, no wonder I was feeling a bit dehydrated! I'm really not convinced that was worth £11 - block of halloumi, two tomatoes, a lemon, tin of chickpeas, mint leaves, 120g bulgar wheat, a few tbsp greek yog and seasonings 🤷‍♀️ The 15g block of cheese for 2 portions for another recipe don't impress me much :LOL: (but I guess it'll make it lower in salt :rolleyes:). Maybe it's because I'm veggie that it seems bad value and wasn't that inspiring picking meals.

Reactions: 2
We have used hello fresh since around January and have really enjoyed it so far. It does work out more expensive, but given we both work full time and have hobbies we enjoy, it saves a lot of time during the week. Its worth the slight extra for us.