Guilty Pleasure TV/Music

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I made sure I put TV/Music in the topic header just to reiterate that the thread was NOT purely due to self-isolating boredom :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Two questions:

1) Favourite guilty pleasure TV

Mine was Jane McDonald's Travel programme. I realise as a 35yr old, I'm slightly too young for her target demographic, but some of those holiday's/city breaks looked lush!!!

Also quite partial to a Channel 5 royal history documentary, particularly about Henry VIII (+wives) or Edward/Wallace!!!

2) Guilty pleasure radio/music

I will admit to being a BBC Radio 2 fiend.... Fave shows are weekday mornings with Ken Bruce (love Pop Master), but it's a Saturday for me - Rylan followed by Liza Tarbuck!! Bloody love it. Also very partial to Heart 80's/90's.

For the record, yes I maybe 35 but apparently I'm going on 45/55... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: 5
Guilty TV is trashy reality stuff; America's next top model, surviver and the amazing race are my faves.

I'm still watching survivor and it's on its 40th season now.

I used to like the trump apprentice, but now he's live everyday on the news🤦‍♀️. The Martha Stewart and Arnold Schwarzenegger apprentice shows were tit.

Reactions: 2
I'm a sucker for a programme about property like hotels etc. Like There was a channel 5 series about iconic hotels, that sort of thing I like.

Also stuff like about holiday parks, cruise ships, really random stuff like that. Those fly on the wall, behind the scenes shows.

I think it comes from growing up loving watching Airline on TV.

I’ve just started watch heartbreak holiday on bbc total trash, but I love all the summer heights high & Chris Lilley stuff plus usual murder docs, oh & kath & Kim

Reactions: 1
Law & Order on 5 USA for weekday TV. They sometimes throw some Murder She Wrote into the mix too.
Loving Heart 80’s radio wise.

Reactions: 3
Most things on MTV, would never admit that in real life.
Smooth radio.

Reactions: 3
I made sure I put TV/Music in the topic header just to reiterate that the thread was NOT purely due to self-isolating boredom :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Two questions:

1) Favourite guilty pleasure TV

Mine was Jane McDonald's Travel programme. I realise as a 35yr old, I'm slightly too young for her target demographic, but some of those holiday's/city breaks looked lush!!!

Also quite partial to a Channel 5 royal history documentary, particularly about Henry VIII (+wives) or Edward/Wallace!!!

2) Guilty pleasure radio/music

I will admit to being a BBC Radio 2 fiend.... Fave shows are weekday mornings with Ken Bruce (love Pop Master), but it's a Saturday for me - Rylan followed by Liza Tarbuck!! Bloody love it. Also very partial to Heart 80's/90's.

For the record, yes I maybe 35 but apparently I'm going on 45/55... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I love Liza Tarbuck’s show on Radio 2! If I miss it I listen on catch up. Don’t mind Rylan’s either. I also quite liked Len Goodman’s when he used to do one and I’m 35 too !!

And I agree - Jane McDonalds show is pretty good! I grew up watching The Cruise so have a soft spot for her maybe. I do cringe at the cheesy singing at the end though .

My guilty pleasures are programs like Gardeners World as it’s so relaxing !
Also have a soft spot for nostalgia - I’ll watch reruns of 2 pints of lager and a packet of crisps as it reminds me of my uni days .

I'm a sucker for a programme about property like hotels etc. Like There was a channel 5 series about iconic hotels, that sort of thing I like.

Also stuff like about holiday parks, cruise ships, really random stuff like that. Those fly on the wall, behind the scenes shows.

I think it comes from growing up loving watching Airline on TV.

Airline is still repeated on CBS reality ! It’s so retro looking now. I must have watched every episode back in the day. Airport on BBC1 was also good - remember Jeremy lol.

Fly on the wall TV shows were brilliant back in the 90’s!
I loved The one set in the Adelphi on Liverpool, also a program called Redcoats filmed at Butlins !!

Last edited:
Omg yes, fellow Pop Master fan!!!! Now, admittedly, I am very bad at it as a rule but it's good fun!! Also LOVE Couch Potatoes on Rylan's Saturday show.
Oh yes I'm rubbish at pop master so feel really happy when I get one right :LOL: saying that Ive not got many right on couch potatoes lately :giggle:

First thing I thought of when I saw this thread was Cruising with Jane McDonald :ROFLMAO:
A
re we allowed to include films? Ive got to say Grease 2

re we allowed to include films? Ive got to say Grease 2
With a very young and very cute Michelle Pfeiffer, shame the film was a failure.

My guilty pleasure, Law and Order, sadly get to see the "edited" versions on Five USA.
Oh and Law and Order SVU which is still running and we have 2 more seasons too
enjoy if and when they make them. (depending on Covid19)

Tv guilty pleasures

4 in a bed
Come dine with me
Victorious
Spongebob square pants 🤪
Midsomer Murders
Judge Rinder

Music

ELO
Spandau ballet
Fleetwood mac
Roy Orbison

Basically anything from the 80’s

Tv guilty pleasures

4 in a bed
Come dine with me
Victorious
Spongebob square pants 🤪
Midsomer Murders
Judge Rinder

Music

ELO
Spandau ballet
Fleetwood mac
Roy Orbison

Basically anything from the 80’s
Fleetwood Mac is not a guilty pleasure, it's classsic :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 5
TV.
Friday nights - Say yes to the dress marathon. I don’t know why but I love the anticipation and the “entourages” .
Music.
Amazon prime stations - ukulele music, upbeat 80’s, chillout summer, I love the variety.

All of your no 2 favourites!

TV ... currently Tenable at 3 pm with the lovely Warwick Davies ... can stop work early (home working although that’s gone quiet), veg for an hour and then oops, it’s time to get tea ready. It’s like school hours really.