Grumpy cat death

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wasn't sure if I should put this in celebs/influencers or here, but 'grumpy cat'/tardar sauce passed away from a UTI aged 7.

Its very sad but I do think her owners exploited her...I think there's a big difference between vlogging your pets daily life or setting up an Instagram, compared to putting them in films, taking them our tour etc. I think the mum even gave up her job to be her 'manager' and relying on a pet for income seems so messed up. Apparently they made £100 million from her, possibly more...and will probably continue to sell merch.

It also made me uncomfortable how they seemed to think her dwarfism was 'funny'...I remember they originally said her name was 'tard' as in short for the slur...then tried to backtrack and claim it was short for 'tardar sauce'. :rolleyes:

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
From waitress to millionaire by proxy.

I agree there was exploitation. If they looked after the cat to their best abilities, however, (and why wouldn't they, as she was a money spinner) then I guess there's no real issue in terms of care?

Hadn't heard about the 'tard' slur - if that's the case that's despicable :mad:

Grumpy cat was the go to meme for me (always been a grumpy fucker tbh)

Reactions: 2
I agree there was exploitation. If they looked after the cat to their best abilities, however, (and why wouldn't they, as she was a money spinner) then I guess there's no real issue in terms of care?
Yeah I definitely think they cared for her and I'm sure loved her a lot. I just can't imagine taking her on tour or to conventions. I mean even actors seem worn out by conventions a lot of the time, especially if they aren't extroverts, so I can't imagine how stressful it must be for a cat to be held/photographed with people it doesn't know without any issues, like it going for someone or getting agitated.

Reactions: 1
I was uncomfortable with how she was exploited. Cats really value their spac3 and I can’t imagine the amount of stress they put her under. I was sad to hear she died, 7 is a very young age for a cat to pass away.

Reactions: 3
Oh no I hadn't heard this 😓 So sad especially a cat dying from a UTI which must be avoidable if seen early, and at only 7 as u say SaveTheDrama. Hadn't heard about why she was called that, so bad if true.

Reactions: 1