Great British Sewing Bee

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was pleased with the winner too! I wouldn’t have minded any of them winning to be honest

Also loved ChiChis hair and makeup!

Reactions: 5
So pleased with the winner. My house had a shortlist of two and the winner was one of them. We’re usually so bad at picking winners 😆

I really like the banter between Esme and Patrick, but I’m afraid I’m still not sold on Sara.

So pleased with the winner. My house had a shortlist of two and the winner was one of them. We’re usually so bad at picking winners 😆

I really like the banter between Esme and Patrick, but I’m afraid I’m still not sold on Sara.

Reactions: 5
I dreamt Annie won. No, not in THAT way. I thought Debra should have won ... but no grumbles from me, Annie was great and seemed lovely and natural to boot.

Oh, Sara doesn't even want to be there, that's pretty obvious, at least to me. Must be hard to be in a room full of people with talent when you yourself don't actually have any.

Reactions: 4
I am glad the winner won.

P.s. we need more Patricks in the world. He seems like a really genuine person.

Reactions: 13
Happy with the winner - her made to measure wasn't my favourite of the 4, but it was the the most impactful and I can see why it won it for her

Just to add, Debra's husband was a bit of a silver fox, and Annie and her partner must be the best looking couple in the UK 😍 😆

And I loved all the old photos of Esme and her amazing dress

Reactions: 13
I loved the inclusive of Esmes past career all through this series.Gave the whole series so much personality and celebrated a true genius who was really a trail blazer for women in the 80’s and nineties.

Reactions: 17
I’ve just caught up. Ahh I ALWAYS cry at the montages at the end. I loved Annie’s final look and I am very happy she won.

I loved the inclusive of Esmes past career all through this series.Gave the whole series so much personality and celebrated a true genius who was really a trail blazer for women in the 80’s and nineties.
She still is a trailer-blazer blazer don't you think? Compared with 99 percent of the no-marks we see on our TV screens. Give me Esme all day long.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Really great final and overall really enjoyed this series! Right winner for me too - loved a lot of what she made and feel she combined sewing skill with an eye for design and fashion.

Have loved seeing esme’s design and career highlights being included in the series too.

Reactions: 10
I think what I liked about this series was that the majority of contestants seemed so pleasant and 'normal' (I know, terrible term), espcially from the semi's onward. I think we get fed a diet on TV of talentless wannabe's who seem to be over-compensating for something they lack and this series made a nice change. Bake-off started to grate with me with certain contestants who seemed to think they were the 'star' of the show. Does that make sense?

One thing I wondered about with Bee was Debra, she seemed very lacking in self-confidence, and when her hubby started crying that struck me as a bit odd. I think she was married before, do you think (as I did) that maybe her first hubby was abusive? I know, WILD speculation ... it was just sad to see such a talented lady seemingly lack self-esteem.

Reactions: 7

I love this show. Esme and Patrick are both very good at judging, no meanness like Paul Hollywood tries to do, they're both incredibly talented but also with different skills. Esme still embodies punk rock, I've got her book reserved from the library thanks to recommendations here and I'm really looking forward to reading it.

Honestly would've been happy if Man Yee, Debra or Annie had won, they were all worthy. I thought Brogan would before the final episode, I'm sure she's probably nice but I found her quite grating.

Looking for to the next series, although Sara Pascoe is only one notch below that incredibly annoying woman who presents Pottery Throw Down. Hoping they get someone else in for Sewing Bee, maybe even Ellie who filled in for Pottery Throw Down?

I love this show. Esme and Patrick are both very good at judging, no meanness like Paul Hollywood tries to do, they're both incredibly talented but also with different skills. Esme still embodies punk rock, I've got her book reserved from the library thanks to recommendations here and I'm really looking forward to reading it.

Honestly would've been happy if Man Yee, Debra or Annie had won, they were all worthy. I thought Brogan would before the final episode, I'm sure she's probably nice but I found her quite grating.

Looking for to the next series, although Sara Pascoe is only one notch below that incredibly annoying woman who presents Pottery Throw Down. Hoping they get someone else in for Sewing Bee, maybe even Ellie who filled in for Pottery Throw Down?
I wanted man ye to win, Sara is much much better than pottery throw down woman who’s awful.

Brogan shouldn’t have made the final and she was behind the other three in all the challenges. The pink outfit particularly looked unfinished but it was fab

Reactions: 2
...maybe even Ellie who filled in for Pottery Throw Down?
Ellie was an absolute doll on Pottery Throw Down, such a nice, natural presenter right from the first episode, and very good with the contestants. I'd be very happy to see her present any of the crafting/baking programmes (could she maybe take over from Noel and Matt on Bakeoff, goodness me, they are a tiresome pair)

I do like Sister Michael as presenter on the Pottery P, Judges Rich and Keith are such soft-hearted sweethearts it's good to have a rather more acerbic presenter to provide a bit of pep and vigour.

Ellie was an absolute doll on Pottery Throw Down, such a nice, natural presenter right from the first episode, and very good with the contestants. I'd be very happy to see her present any of the crafting/baking programmes (could she maybe take over from Noel and Matt on Bakeoff, goodness me, they are a tiresome pair)

I do like Sister Michael as presenter on the Pottery P, Judges Rich and Keith are such soft-hearted sweethearts it's good to have a rather more acerbic presenter to provide a bit of pep and vigour.
I couldn’t understand why they let Ellie go so late in the series, especially as awful woman was on crutches and a hazard.

Reactions: 3