Great British Sewing Bee

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Think crab, reversible coat man was best
Andrew was flying it this week. That crab was really good, I'd wear it! And I loved his jacket but felt sorry for the little boy modelling it, it looked a bit tight.

Reactions: 3
I loved the kids doing their catwalk struts. One was basically running up and down, the young girl looked a bit more confident but they were all lovely.

Just found this thread. I have watched this show from the very first series. The BBC dropped it but then the production company revamped it getting Joe Lycette and it’s gone from strength to strength. I haven’t sewn anything since I was at school but I really want to start. However I don’t have much patience and I am not very good at following detailed instructions. I was sad Adam went. He was always sweet and didn’t take himself too seriously.

Reactions: 9
I think Adina is out of her depth, every week it’s a catalogue of errors! I like Serena as technically she is a great sewer but don’t think she is creative enough. Raph has more spark but I think his background in textile design might give an unfair advantage?

Reactions: 2
Aw I love Joe. To have such a wonky sense of humour and be on this really mainstream show is quite an achievement.

Raph’s garment was exquisite.

Reactions: 13
I really liked Raph’s Made to Measure dress :) Also, I like Farie’s cape :love:
I think the right person went this week.

If poor Adam hadn't completely botched up his raincoat last week, Adeena should have gone then. Sometimes weaker sewers benefit from a better sewer making a bigger mistake on the pattern challenge that week.

I agree that Serena is a lovely sewer but I find her outfits rather forgettable. I also find Rebecca's entirely forgettable. Raph is my fave.

Reactions: 7
I didn't like Raph's dress. Only for his explanation about it I wouldn't have known it was meant to represent the sea or that there was a whale on the front. I actually really liked Damien's dress.

I wasn't keen on Raph's dress - the design just looked a bit naff, but he really does have so much skill. I agree about Rebecca. Her designs a bit forgettable. And I think even though Serena is very talented, she doesn't seem to have any edge to her designs (although I did like her denim dress)

Damien has to stay in for pure entertainment value!

C4CB458D-F106-40F9-A6DB-107B3D8F1299.jpeg

I am a bit confused by Patrick saying he’s never seen anything like Raphs dress before. I jumped on Twitter straight after the show last night and someone had posted the one I was thinking of. Denim and from the same week? so exactly the same out of idea. I want to say last year but not 100% sure. The background doesn’t look right though but I don’t know where else I would have seen it. Anyway Mr Mr Mercury is convinced and said I should post for tattles opinions and memories 😁

Also totally agree Adeena always seemed to be having a crisis of some kind and not getting the boot. Also I still forget Rebecca is even there most of the time. I thought her dress was very well made, satisfyingly neat but hated the colour combinations.

And what was Andrew wearing? The patched together remnants of many small jumpers recycled into a tank top looked awful. None of them laid flat and it looked like they were all fighting each other to try and break free!

View attachment 581950
I am a bit confused by Patrick saying he’s never seen anything like Raphs dress before. I jumped on Twitter straight after the show last night and someone had posted the one I was thinking of. Denim and from the same week? so exactly the same out of idea. I want to say last year but not 100% sure. The background doesn’t look right though but I don’t know where else I would have seen it. Anyway Mr Mr Mercury is convinced and said I should post for tattles opinions and memories 😁

Also totally agree Adeena always seemed to be having a crisis of some kind and not getting the boot. Also I still forget Rebecca is even there most of the time. I thought her dress was very well made, satisfyingly neat but hated the colour combinations.

And what was Andrew wearing? The patched together remnants of many small jumpers recycled into a tank top looked awful. None of them laid flat and it looked like they were all fighting each other to try and break free!
I thought Andrew said he had recycled sox?

Reactions: 1
Quite possibly, it would make the size of the pieces make more sense. Plus if they’d been made to be circular also makes even more sense why none of them wants to lay flat. I think I stopped listening because my brain was busy trying to make sense of what my eyes were looking at!

Reactions: 1
View attachment 581950

It definitely doesn't look like Sewing Bee 🤔

View attachment 581950

That's from a Netflix show called Next In Fashion.

Reactions: 4