Great British Sewing Bee

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love this show. I can’t sew a stitch but it has me hooked since the Claudia Winkleman days.

Reactions: 7
I really enjoyed it. The dresses were all good and I enjoyed seeing the construction of the paperback style shorts. I loved the variety of fabrics. They were all good at the pattern matching this time!

Reactions: 2
I really liked the theme this week, and the paper bag shorts was a good challenge. Interesting to see them made!

Absolutely love this programme - it's so joyful! I think Raph is the one to watch, he's not really put a foot wrong so far. Also the 2 young girls are good. I'd love Joe Lycett to be my friend, I only have to look at him and I smile.

Reactions: 9
My fave programme ever!! Love it!

Currently i am loving Damien - he makes me giggle, and is very much like me as a sewer - put your foot down and hope for the best! I know he isn't the best technically, but I like him!
Haven't got a favourite for actual sewing ability yet.

It's classic menswear tonight - I hope it's something more exciting than a shirt!

My fave programme ever!! Love it!

Currently i am loving Damien - he makes me giggle, and is very much like me as a sewer - put your foot down and hope for the best! I know he isn't the best technically, but I like him!
Haven't got a favourite for actual sewing ability yet.

It's classic menswear tonight - I hope it's something more exciting than a shirt!
I don't think that Damien is much of a sewing person, he is what my late Yorshire mother would have called a "messy mullerker" ( spelling wrong) which she called us kids when we made a right mess of anything and something that has stuck with me.
I made my own clothes in the 60's and 70's and kids clothes in 80's - sewing, knitting and crochet but now I just buy them but after looking at last weeks winning dress think I will get the Bernina out of the wardrobe.

Reactions: 5
There’s something about Damien that I just don’t like. I can’t quite put my finger on it, I think he’s just a bit overconfident and it winds me up 😂

Reactions: 10
Yes I agree with the view that Damien seems a bit over confident.

I don't think I could finish a whole coat with pockets and studs in the time that they get so I don't envy them. I spent last Saturday swearing when I struggled with making a shell top 😅 Managed it in the end though!

Yes I agree with the view that Damien seems a bit over confident.

I don't think I could finish a whole coat with pockets and studs in the time that they get so I don't envy them. I spent last Saturday swearing when I struggled with making a shell top 😅 Managed it in the end though!
I would hate the time restrictions and think they do well with the time they have. I promised a friend some masks a couple of weeks ago and it has taken me about a week to get them sorted.

Reactions: 1
I enjoyed bit too. I like the way Damian manages to normally screw up the technical and invention round and then pull the rabbit out the hat for the made to measure. Joe Lycett is great, I really enjoy his presenting style.

Reactions: 9
I find Damien quite annoying. It was another good episode
I usually have a favourite from the beginning but this series is not like that - the French guy is brilliant but I like both the young girls and I think Adeena is going to give them a run for their money.

Reactions: 5
I love Damien, he looks like the most unlikely sewer ever but is actually really good at garment construction, that coat last night was great. Not so good at making something from scratch through.

I love them all really, they seem like a lovely bunch and are all amazing.

Reactions: 8