Great British Bake Off

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Bake Off has had its heyday. The viewing figures were never going to be as high as its BBC ONE peak, but it just seems to be lacking for me in the last series, I barely even watched it. It just got boring, some decent characters in this series so far to keep me watching. But every show has its time, and I think GBBO is in its decline phase.

Reactions: 4
I never thought I’d say it but I actually prefer Pru over Mary and Noel/Sandy over Mel and Sue!!

When it left bbc I was adamant I would not watch it but I actually think it’s better in terms of presenters/judges. I could do without Paul though

Reactions: 12
For me Pru is fine as a judge, though I still prefer Mary. But I find Noel and Sandi try too hard during their bits. Mel and Sue it felt more natural, maybe because Noel and Sandi are having to recreate that comedy bit that Mel and Sue did rather than just do it their way, and maybe because Mel and Sue have worked together for years.

Reactions: 5
I've really not warmed to anyone yet!
I still love extra slice, though Tom Allan (Allen? Alan?) is a bit much sometimes.

I've really not warmed to anyone yet!
I still love extra slice, though Tom Allan (Allen? Alan?) is a bit much sometimes.
I cant stand Tom Allen. He is a pompous, knob who craves attention all the time.

Also, we know you're gay Tom, you mention it every other sentence.

Reactions: 3
I still LOVE it :) i dont know how you already know their names though lol i only remembered Jamie!! lol

Reactions: 1
I still love it too. Ads don't bother me so much - I just get a brew on. I like Pru a lot, it's really only Paul who I can take or leave (mostly leave) but I guess they really want that continuity from the old show.

Noel and Sandy should sample the odd bake though.

I know some of the names already; Henry, Rosie, Michelle, Alice, maybe Steph and Amelia but that's about it really.

I really miss Mary and Mel&Sue but I do think Noel&Sandi together are great. Don't like Paul.

Jamie was great but a bit of a tit baker. I quite like Henry, Rosie and I think Alice will go far in the competition.

Reactions: 2
I’m not a prude but I feel like they are leaning into the innuendos a bit more than usual this season 🤷‍♀️ Innuendos per se I wouldn’t even mind, but they were a bit gross!
I like Noel a lot more than I thought I would (Mel and Sue widow here as well), but I just can’t get behind Sandi and her obvious “I’m smarter and more cultured than everybody here” vibe. Pru is no Mary Berry but I sorta like her, Paul is...a little paler this year?

Reactions: 1
I’m not a prude but I feel like they are leaning into the innuendos a bit more than usual this season 🤷‍♀️ Innuendos per se I wouldn’t even mind, but they were a bit gross!
I like Noel a lot more than I thought I would (Mel and Sue widow here as well), but I just can’t get behind Sandi and her obvious “I’m smarter and more cultured than everybody here” vibe. Pru is no Mary Berry but I sorta like her, Paul is...a little paler this year?
Sandi said in an interview once she doesn’t really watch tv. Which is bleeping absurd for someone who spends so much time on it.

I hated Mel and Sue and much as I love Mary Berry I just couldn’t watch her. She scares me as I keep thinking she’s gonna snap !! In half I mean 😮 cos she is so tiny. So I never watched it before really but have been totally watching it since the switch and I love Noel and Prue. Paul is a bit of a twit but I don’t really pay any notice to him. I think it’s great. Jamie though WTF, seemed like he’d never even been in a kitchen before. I hope this isn’t a trial of putting a plant in there who is a bit of a joker. Not funny just stupid. Just stick to the formula, contestant wise.

Reactions: 2
I too was adamant that I wouldn't watch it once they changed to channel 4, but actually I love the new hosts and judge. I didn't think I'd like Noel in it, but he's great. I do miss Mel and Sue, but I don't think I'd swap Noel and Sandi for them now! I used to love Mary, but she upset me once, so meh.

Well I was surprised at that. The older guy leaving (sorry forgotten his name). He seemed just a bit boringly mediocre all through but didn't duck up spectacularly like a couple of the others. He seemed quite stunned too. Bit harsh I thought.

Well I was surprised at that. The older guy leaving (sorry forgotten his name). He seemed just a bit boringly mediocre all through but didn't duck up spectacularly like a couple of the others. He seemed quite stunned too. Bit harsh I thought.
Very harsh considering Pryah didn't even complete one of the challenges. I do think it's a fix

Reactions: 9
It was a harsh decision, I’m glad it happened that way though because I love Michael and like Pryah. I think it was probably justified that them two attempted something a bit more ambitious and fucked it up, whereas Phil (?) played it safe and didn’t particularly impress, or disappoint, he was just meh. He didn’t show potential for something great.

What's up with dairy week then? Anyone know how to find out if the dairy industry is funding it? Every bleeping week is dairy week, guys, and not just on Bake Off. Gross. I would've watched it if it wasn't called dairy week, and just pretended as usual that it was all vegan and not animal torture.