Great British Bake Off 2020

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sad to see Linda go to even though I think was the right decision 😪 I felt sorry for Marc E he seemed very stressed this week

Reactions: 6
Have you noticed that the Hollywood handshake (which was bandied about so liberally last season) has barely made an appearance?
i think it did a couple episodes ago but i was wondering if they’d had complaints due to covid (i know they’re all isolating together but you know what people are like). i was almost sure a couple of them would have got it yesterday

Reactions: 4
Have you noticed that the Hollywood handshake (which was bandied about so liberally last season) has barely made an appearance?
Yeah, ever since Scott Bryan made a graph documenting the rise of the Hollywood Handshake, Paul has massively reduced how much he gives it out.

It's more a Paul's ego thing I think, as if it's the holy grail to get a handshake, like the bakers don't need the handshake if you get what I mean.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m really going off Noel in the show, I’m wondering if it’s because I find his and Matt’s ‘jokes’ fall flat. Also I know he doesn’t cook or bake and has taking the micky out of the show before, I’m starting to wonder if he’s being genuine when he talks to contestants or speaks to Prue and Paul at the end when they decide who goes.

Reactions: 2
I’m really going off Noel in the show, I’m wondering if it’s because I find his and Matt’s ‘jokes’ fall flat. Also I know he doesn’t cook or bake and has taking the micky out of the show before, I’m starting to wonder if he’s being genuine when he talks to contestants or speaks to Prue and Paul at the end when they decide who goes.
I don't mind Noel. I'm not warming to Matt at all though I miss Sandy

Reactions: 9
There's something about Dave I'm really not keen on. My faves are Peter and Irish Mark. I think Hermine should have got star Baker over Laura this week aswell.

Reactions: 11
I think the right person went this week, felt like they had come to the end of the road with their ability.

I feel Hermine should have got star baker this week.

Dave has grown on me a touch and I’ve slightly gone off Peter... there as something smug and competitive about him this week which I didn’t like.

Both Marks are lovely!

It's more a Paul's ego thing I think, as if it's the holy grail to get a handshake, like the bakers don't need the handshake if you get what I mean.
I hate the Hollywood handshake. I always laugh when Noel takes the piss out of it. It is most definitely an ego thing for Paul, made worse by the song and dance made about it on An Extra Slice.

I think the right person went this week, felt like they had come to the end of the road with their ability.

I feel Hermine should have got star baker this week.

Dave has grown on me a touch and I’ve slightly gone off Peter... there as something smug and competitive about him this week which I didn’t like.

Both Marks are lovely!
I felt the same about Peter this week. I still havent warmed to Dave
All the characters seem to have gone now which is a shame.

I fancy trying making a chocolate babka this weekend, they look amazing!

Does anyone here have any recipe recommendations for it?

Reactions: 3
I fancy trying making a chocolate babka this weekend, they look amazing!

Does anyone here have any recipe recommendations for it?
There's always Paul Hollywood's that they would have been basing theirs on. Or if you Google you'll be able to find one from a Bread Ahead workshop. Don't know where you're from but Bread Ahead is a bakery in London that do baking classes too and their stuff is delicious.

Reactions: 3
There's always Paul Hollywood's that they would have been basing theirs on. Or if you Google you'll be able to find one from a Bread Ahead workshop. Don't know where you're from but Bread Ahead is a bakery in London that do baking classes too and their stuff is delicious.
I can’t seem to find Paul’s just now for some reason!
Bread ahead looks great thanks! I do live in London so I’ll have to pay them a visit

I can't stand Dave! Hermine should have been given star baker, I agree. She had a cracker of a week.