Great British Bake Off 2020

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought Nadine's accent was very strong Norther Irish. John's Scouse accent stood out too.

I really like it when people keep their original accent and don't change it for the camera etc.

My own accent is very strong and even though I haven't lived in the place where I grew up in over 20 years, I've never lost my accent and I would never try to. I think so many people put on a fake one in order to try and 'blend in'.

I though they were all very nice tonight and the person who won (won't post a spoiler) was a deserved winner.
Yes I liked the accents too. They were a fun bunch last night and all seemed to get on well.

Just adding a more truthful answer to my last response. I said I was in my fifties, I am. I said my son was twenties, he turned thirty a couple of months ago! I hate to lie, apologies, I guess I struggle with acknowledging I have a son in his thirties!
I once told someone my 8 year old was 5. He was mortified 😄 Hes 10 now!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Couldn't believe when I checked online, Anneka Rice is 62! I'm a fair few years younger, wish I looked half as good. I don't know if she has had some (good) work done. I think it's largely down to healthy living and good genes.

Reactions: 5
I love Nadine, yes her accent is very thick even for the part of N.Ireland she is from, she seems such a sweet and caring girl. Love John too.

Reactions: 4
I love Nadine, yes her accent is very thick even for the part of N.Ireland she is from, she seems such a sweet and caring girl. Love John too.
I have always detested Nadine's accent...it is so over exaggerated. And when she adds the American accent to the mix 🤢. However, she won me over when she was on I'm a celeb as she came across as a really nice person, so I've forgiven her for making my ears bleed all these years 😆

• Haha
For some reason I always (since seeing her on that Irish version of Pop Idol 20 years ago) thought Nadine was deliberately bastardising the Derry accent but she came across so well the couple of times I've seen her on TV in the past year or so that I'm now willing to accept she just has a shockingly strong accent! Moving to the states was the worst thing she could've done for the accent tbh but she seems like a sweetie so I'm giving her a pass 🙃

Not enjoying Matts presenting. The trying ti be funnt sections are just embarrassing and it would be better to leave them out.

Watching Lizzie on GBBO Extra slice. She is such a lovely lady, I'm in hysterics, so funny, her sense of humour is brilliant

Watching Lizzie on GBBO Extra slice. She is such a lovely lady, I'm in hysterics, so funny, her sense of humour is brilliant
Same I was crying laughing. I think the series did her such an injustice as she came across annoying which is a shame

Reactions: 2